Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Okemos MI - 3rd Place with Troll

KazamBolt

I really wanted to play Darkrai/Hammer but I couldn't get the last Darkrai :/ Anyways, 27ish Masters, Top 4.

Round 1 - Frank Serafinski with ZekEels
I started Smeargle and went first. I got 1 Heads on Dual Ball, Mewtwo, DCE, and Portrait. I N'd him into nothing, and swept his field of Tynamo pretty fast. He scared me with a Terrakion at one point, but I had no trouble.
1-0

Round 2 - John Gregory with Zoroark/Darkrai
Starting Hand - Smeargle, Sky Arrow, Pluspower, DCE, Tornadus EX. He starts Smeargle and I go first. After that, we played a practice game and I still won handily. Zoroark really just doesn't have enough HP to do anything in the current format. 10 more and it would be a threat. It's a shame because it's mad consistent and fast, and it really hits hard too.
2-0

Round 3 - Sean Foisy with Mew/Vanilluxe/Unfezant/Vileplume/Victini
The one match I was hoping to avoid. If he gets set up, I just scoop haha. However, I got going fast with the T2 KO on an Oddish with my Tornadus EX. He got nothing and I ran through him in 6 turns.
3-0

Round 4 - JW Kriewall with ZekEels
I lost to JW in the same matchup last weekend so I was out for revenge. Anyways, I got a pretty terrible start (because JW is a lucky beast in our matches haha) and he got everything he needed. Once I got going, he was able to get a Mewtwo up and wall me pretty hard and I was unable to respond.
3-1

Round 5 - Matt Vallassis with Empoleon/Terrakion
Winner makes cut. I was shaking. Anyways, I started strong with T1 Tornadus EX and Blow Through for 30. From there, I just basically swept his field. He only got out 1 Empoleon after using up his whole hand haha.
4-1

I didn't really get to play any good games at all but hey, I made top cut.

Top 4 - Thomas Rose-Gray with Troll
All of these games were pretty weird. Just a fair warning.

Game 1 - I had no idea what I was really doing. I started Tornadus EX and just tried to get some damage on his board, knocking out whatever had energy or whatever had the EXP Shares to just get rid of them. At one point, I started the Mewtwo war. I thought I had everything under control, and then his Lost Remover comes out of no where and I'm stranded energy-less while he only has 2 prizes left to my 1. Anyways, he ended up decking out after using Juniper and discovering whatever he needed (Catcher or Junk Arm I think, maybe DCE) was prized.
1-0

Game 2 - We both started Mewtwo haha. I had no energy/supporters and he prized a Mewtwo and 2 DCE. Anyways, he swept me handily, even though it took a while before we got anything going.
1-1

Game 3 - Time was called after he mulliganed once but I was set up. Basically, it was a 6 prize game, but first prize wins. I start Terrakion to his 2 Tornadus. I missed 5 flips in a row on SSU and Dual Balls. I still got a Tornadus EX out and was able to get some damage on his field. It came down to me missing the Catcher for the game, and him getting it. Good games man.
1-2

Oh well, 3rd place (and a nice little trophy card) for me. Nothing good in the packs. Thomas had to scoop to JW in the finals to make it to work on time, but JW got his first win ever, so that was cool. I've met a lot of friends in this game, and I plan to meet even more next year at the MSU Pokemon Club.

Thanks for reading!

Back