Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

OKLAHOMA Battle Road Spring 08

old man

It's that time of year again. Time to earn a few more rating points. Or to play something fun and different out of the new set, or get that deck tweaked for Nationals. Below is the list of the 3 Battle Road events we'll have in Oklahoma this time.

As usual it's a 60 card modified deck. We'll do age separated if we have enough players, if not then it's all ages mixed. The maximum top cut of any of the age groups is 4. 3rd & 4th place will NOT playoff.
In each age group 1st place gets 8 packs of Majestic Dawn & the trophy card.
2nd place gets 4 booster packs.

May 24th - Game Headquarters
1620 S.W. 89th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73159
Registration starts at 11:00 am. Cutoff time at 11:45
Tournament begins at NOON

May 31st - ADA Boys & Girls Club
915 S. Hickory Street
Ada, OK 74820
Registration starts at 10:00 am. Cutoff time at 10:45
Tournament begins at 11:00 am.

June 7th - Drakes Place
1911 S. Sunnylane
Del City, OK 73115
Registration starts at 10:00 am. Cutoff time at 10:45
Tournament begins at 11:00 am.

Any questions ask here or PM me. I look forward to having you at these events.

Now that the prerelease is over for us, it's time to take some of those new cards & get ready for this series of events. I look forward to seeing what will be used. Hope to see everyone there.

And it's finally time for our first Battle Road for this Spring. Remember today it starts at 11 at Game Headquarters.
Just how many of the new cards will we see played?

We had to sit this one out when I saw gas at $4 a gallon . Maybe when I get use to paying as much for gas as I do for a pack of Pokemon cards I'll rethink our future travel plans. Have fun good people of Oklahoma.

Thank You to everyone that showed up. We had some new players as well as old faces, (Debbie).
Congratulations to all the winners. And they are -
Juniors - Rhiya S.
Seniors - Paul V.
Masters - Will B.

Hope to see a lot of faces at ADA next week.

Lol, Roy! Be nice to Debbie, she got 2nd! And made Will work for that 1st place.

Congrats Rhiya, Paul, and Will. I got pictures of 2 of ya!

We won't be at Ada, not enough money or time to get there. So, we'll see y'all at Drake's!

Hey OK,

We sold all our Eeveons for gas money to Drakes! Going for the double header, Del City Saturday,
Wichita Sunday. Who's in and what'r'ya playin'? Should I send DCP my last GlaceyX for gas? :wink:

Now the ADA event is over & we have 3 new winners.

For the Seniors - Emily M.

Then for a very 1st time for them, a Father/Son win with David M., (Jr's) & Mike M. (Masters), taking 1st.

Yhanks to everyone that showed up. It was good seeing Nicole back again as well as her Mother.

See everyone next Saturday at Drakes Place for our last week of this series.

Now the ADA event is over & we have 3 new winners.

For the Seniors - Emily M.

Then for a very 1st time for them, a Father/Son win with David M., (Jr's) & Mike M. (Masters), taking 1st.

Yhanks to everyone that showed up. It was good seeing Nicole back again as well as her Mother.

See everyone next Saturday at Drakes Place for our last week of this series.

Wowza, you let Mike win one? What's up with that? Will he be back to defend at Drake's?
WTG David and Mike! Emily too! The best BR is the last BR, so c'mon. You gotta go to Drake's,
the postmaster wouldn't deliver your GlaceyX, you gotta trade for it in person, I guess.

Really looking forward to Del City, Old Man, you put on the best events. If it doesn't snow, we're there!

BTW, what's thechubbss playin?

I hope you & all the family do come down & play edwarpy. David said he may be back next week, wasn't sure.
There won't be any snow around here. Not at a hot 90+ degrees.

I hope you & all the family do come down & play edwarpy. David said he may be back next week, wasn't sure.
There won't be any snow around here. Not at a hot 90+ degrees.

The Delivery truck had an accident this a.m. Broken bottles everywhere so they gave me half the day off and said we need you tomorrow. We had plans to stay at that Hotel from State tonight. Deliver is at 6:30 and it could take about 90 mins. to do. If all goes smooth we will head up to Drakes. One small flaw and we will have to head over to Tom Bean. One Big Flaw and we will have to go to league at Comic Book Craze.

Dang! Missed ya DCP. Work sucks, especially when it steps on Pokemon. Pokemon OK Masters
is so strong. It's definately worth the drive to see what you all are up to and get a look at the
metagame. And shoot! I missed so many good matchups! Hope you took it all Team Mothim!
Mebbe next time Will, Jordan, you gonna play Roy? ...dang resistance. Nicole FTW?

Shout out to all you OK babies, I'll keep trying to beat ya. C'mon to Wichita tomorrow if you got gas.

Special thanks to Jeff for last minute Sableye, can't believe I only brought one... thanks for the $20
too... cya all!

What up with chubbs? Does he ever really play?

Good to see ya Old Man!

Ed

Thanks again to you & your family for making the drive, as well to everyone that showed up in our last tournament for this set.

Congratulations to the winners too. They are -
Juniors - Nate P. (Is there any junior Okie player that can take him?)
Seniors - Shenandoah S. (An up & coming player)
Masters - Will B. (This guy rarely loses an OK BR)

Now for the bad news. Many have heard the rumors & it seems it's true.
At the end of this month, JUNE, we may no longer have Drake's Place. It will either be out of business or might be sold.
It's still possible it will be around, we'll have to wait & see.

Now don't worry about the premiere events though. We will have prereleases, (possibly at Game HQ), and I'll find somewhere to BR's & CC's in the Midwest City/Del City area.

For league options there is Game HQ as well as a fairly new place called Little Shop of Games. You can find more info for both at go-pokemon.com under the league listings.

As I find out for sure what will happen to Drakes Place I will keep this updated.

And so everyone will know, I will NOT be back at league/Drakes Place until next month if it's still open due to other commitments such as a wedding, Nationals, etc. If Drakes Place does go out of business I've already told the owner I'll take all the Pokemon stuff & spread it around as needed & to be sure all of our league players get what they deserve as long as I see them within the next couple of months.

Back