Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Oklahoma City: "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release Tournament

:pokeball: :pokeball: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: Pokemon-e TCG "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release Tournament :pokeball: :pokeball:

:D Attention, Oklahoma City and surrounding area Pokemon players get the new series of Pokemon-e TCG cards before they are released to the public!!! You will be the first to get your hands on the new Pokemon-e TCG series: "EX Team vs. Team Aqua". Midwest City's "The Game" on 6713 East Reno (located inside "Heritage Park Mall") will be hosting this Pre-release Tournament.

"EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" is a "Limited/Seal Deck" format. Players will get six booster packs to make a 40-card deck (including energy). The tournament will be "Age-Modified Swiss". We will run at least four rounds of swiss. Basic energy will be provided by the Tournament Organizer. By playing in the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua", players will receive a special Promo Card that you can only get by playing in these Pre-release Tournaments. :thumb:

We will have "Side Events" during the day that you may play in for a small fee. So, I need your input on what "Side Events" that you want for your Houston "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release Tournament. We will have one large "Game Boy Advance: Ruby & Sapphire" tournament that will be FREE!!! :clap:

Prizes will be "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Booster Packs for all of the winners in the Pre-release and Side Events. In the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release Tournament, prizes will be given to the Top-8 Players in each age group. The "Break Down" on prizes and age groups for the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" are listed below.

Oklahoma City, get the whole family together and get ready for a full day of Pokemon-e TCG fun. I hope to see all of Oklahoma City's area Pokemon players choosing their "Team" from this new exciting series of Pokemon-e TCG. These new cards will certainly enhance your decks!!! :)

Details for the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release Tournament are below.

6713 East Reno
Heritage Park Mall (Just West of the Center Court)
Midwest City, Oklahoma 73110
(405) 737-2324
[email protected]

Date: March 13, 2004
Time: 11:30am (Regestration starts @ 10:00am & "Side Events")

Entry Fee: $15.00 / "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua"

Prizes: 1st - 8th Place (For Each Age Group)
( Age Groups: 10-Under, 11-14, 15-Over )

Prize Break Down:

1st Place: One Display of Pokemon-e TCG "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Boosters (36-Packs)

2nd Place: 18-Booster Packs of "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua"

3rd - 4th Place: 9-Booster Packs of "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua"

5th - 8th Place: 4-Booster Packs of "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua"

Tournament Format: Limited Tournament/Sealed Deck

In "Sealed Deck Format", each player will have six booster packs of the Pokemon-e TCG "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" set. Players add Basic Energy cards to build a 40-card deck. Basic Energy cards will be provided by the Tournament Organizer. Players may only use only the cards that they get from their six booster packs plus basic energy. NO TRADING of cards from these booster packs will be allowed to build your deck. Decklists will be provided and MUST be filled out and turned in to play in the tournament.

Limited decks contain exactly 40 cards. Players who open multiple copies of a card are not limited to only 4 of any card that is normally applied to the Pokemon Trading Card Game. Any extra cards are set aside for the remainder of the event. Players MUST play only the cards that they have listed on their Decklist. (Players may not change out any cards in their deck between rounds of swiss play.)

Players set aside four Prize cards at the start of each game, instead of the normal six.

What To Bring: $15.00 for the Entry Fee for the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" / Any Extra Money for Side Events, Drinks, etc / Damage Counters / Randomizer: Coin to Flip or Dice to Roll / An "Eon" Modified Constructed Deck of 60 Cards to Play in the "Modified" Format Side Events / A 60 Card Deck to Play in the "Unlimited" Format Side Event

Side Events: "Game Boy Advance: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament

Players will need to get to "THE GAME" early to play in this Side Event. Entry Fee is FREE!!! There will be one big tournament for the GBA. This tournament is "Single Elimination". Judges decision is final. Pokemon USA, Inc. does not supply prize support for this type of tournament any more. The Tournament Organizer will supply the Prizes.

Below are the Rules for the "GBA" Tournament:

*3 Pokemon level 50 or lower
*No two of the same Pokemon
*Groudon, Kygore, and Rayquara are banned
*No duplicate held items
*Certain powers (rest, recover, etc.) are not allowed after eight minutes into the match
*Modified GBA cartridges are NOT allowed
*Judges' rulings are final

Other "Side Events" may be ran before and after the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release. We offer "Booster Draft", "Modified Constructed Format" (60 Card Deck), and "Unlimited Constructed Format" (60 Card Deck) Tournaments as other "Side Events". The "Entry Fee" for the "Booster Draft" is $15.00. The "Entry Fee" for the "Constructed" Tournaments is $5.00. Prizes will be given out according to the player size of the tournament.

(Please response to this thread or email PTO if you want any of these formats as "Side Events". It is Oklahoma City's Pre-release, so let the players decide what they want in their tournaments.)

Judges: Roy Roberson (Head Judge) "4th Street Boutique / Pokemon Professor"
Ryan Davis "4th Street Boutique / Pokemon Professor"
Charles R. Collinsworth "Premier Tournament Organizer, Pokemon Professor"

Contact Information: Charles (Richard) Collinsworth, Premier Tournament Organizer for Pokemon USA, Inc.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (972) 442-5545

Last edited:
Players will need to get to "Heroes Collectables" early to play in this Side Event. Entry Fee is FREE!!!
?????

You can count on my son being there as well as me.

I vote for a modified side event.
My son wants an open side event.
I also think we ought to have a sealed pack or booster draft event after the main event as well just like the last prerelease.

old man said:
Players will need to get to "THE GAME" early to play in this Side Event. Entry Fee is FREE!!!
?????

You can count on my son being there as well as me.

I vote for a modified side event.
My son wants an open side event.
I also think we ought to have a sealed pack or booster draft event after the main event as well just like the last prerelease.

~Hey Guys~

The ONLY FREE "Side Event" is the "GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament. :nonono:

:clap: Thank you for your feedback on the "Side Events" that will be held at the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release Tournament. Keep those suggestions coming!!! This is your Pre-release Tournament, Oklahoma City, lets have the "Side Events" that you guys want the most!!!! :clap:

Thanks, again.

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch
:pokeball:

Last edited:
Side Events....

:clap: :clap: ~Attention Pokemon Players~ :clap: :clap:

I still need your input for the "Side Events" that you want to play at this Pre-release. I have had one person reply to the "Side Events". Give me some suggestions.

It is less than three weeks until you will have the chance to get these new cards before the public. Time is approaching fast. Let have a good turn out and have some fun. :thumb:

Take care and I will post other information later this week.

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

~~Oklahoma & Surrounding States....Pokemon Players-Near & Far~~

Don't be shy. Send me your opinions and suggestions for "Side Events" at your "Oklahoma City~EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release Tournament. :)

I am getting all kinds of suggestions for "Side Events" in the Houston Pre-release Tournament. Anything from a "Modified Constructed Deck Format" to "Team Multiplay Sealed Deck Format". From "GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" to "Booster Draft". :thumb:

Come on guys, let's have the "Side Events" that you want for your Pre-release in Oklahoma City. Let's make it a FUN Event. :clap:

:nonono: Nintendo/Pokemon USA, Inc. does not allow PTOs to sell extra product at Premier Events any more. The only way that you will be able to get your hands on extra cards from the new series is by playing in the "Side Events". So, a "Booster Draft" or some type of "Sealed Deck" Tournament are the only ways to receive extra packs up front. :D

The "Entry Fee" for a "Booster Draft " or "Sealed Deck" Tournament will be $15.00 per player. Any "Constructed Deck Format" will be $5.00 per player.

Give some idea of what ya'll are interested in for "Side Events".

Take care and keep in touch.

Last edited:
I need your Input This Week...

~~Oklahoma & Surrounding Areas... I Need Your Input This Week~~

Pokemon players in Oklahoma and surrounding areas, I need your input for the "Oklahoma City~EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release Tournament on March 13, 2004 at "THE GAME" in Heritage Park Mall, Midwest City. I will be traveling to Houston for their Pre-release Tournament this Saturday, March 6, 2004. We will be spending "Spring Break" on Galveston Island from March 5pm until March 12pm. So, I will be away from my computer during that time.

I have sanctioned the following "Side Events":

"EON-Modified Constructed Format" (60-card Deck that you Bring) $5.00-Entry Fee

"Unlimited Constructed Format" (60-Card Deck that You Bring) $5.00-Entry Fee

"Booster Draft Limited Format" (6-Packs of the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" to Make a 40-Card Deck Including Energy) $15.00-Entry Fee

***( We need at least eight players to hold these tournaments. Prizes will be awarded according to the number of players.)

"GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" (Please See Rules Above) FREE-Entry Fee

If you have any questions, please ask them on this website or email me before March 5pm. I will answer any questions after March 5th went I return home on March 12pm.

Take care and I will add more later.

Last edited:
The above sound good though I don't know if there'll be much interest in Unlimited.

Will the Booster draft part be held after the main event again?

old man said:
The above sound good though I don't know if there'll be much interest in Unlimited.

Will the Booster draft part be held after the main event again?

~old man~

The "Booster Draft Tournament" with the new cards will be after the "Pre-release Tournament".

By the way, since I will be away from my computer most of the time during "Spring Break", I may need you to answer some of these questions from players about the "Pre-release". You pretty much know how I ran these tournaments anyway. I appreciate ya!!!

No problem. I keep an eye out on all your posts.

For other people out there not familiar with Master Professor Birch, he runs fantastic tournaments & LISTENS to his players. Just note all the above posts. I've worked for him before & will continue doing so.

I've heard something about new guidelines for running a tournament. Can you comment on that more?
If it wouldn't be appropriate on here you can e mail ir PM me.

~Oklahoma & Surrounding Pokemon Players~

I will be leaving for Houston's "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release Tournament in the morning, March 5th. My good friend, "old man" will be answering any questions that you might have about the "Pre-release Tournament" or "Side Events". When you reply on this website, "old man" will be in charge of this thread until I return on March 12th from "Spring Break" with my family. :nonono:

Be good you guys and don't give the "old man" too hard of a time. I will see you guys at "The Game" in Heritage Park Mall, Midwest City (just east of OKC) on March 13th. :D

Take care and have a safe and fun "Spring Break". :clap:

Just 2 days left before the event. If anyone needs directions on how to get to Heritage Park Mall just ask me here.

Tomorrow's the day....

Thank you "old man" for taking care of the boards for me while I was in sunny Galveston island for "Spring Break". Tomorrow is the Big Day for Oklahoma City. You will get your first chance to get your hands on these great cards from the new "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" series!!! :thumb: We had a blast in Houston last Saturday. :clap: As a matter of fact we ran out of time so we could not hold all of the tournaments that we wanted to play in. :nonono: This will not be the case tomorrow. Come ready to have FUN all day long!!! See you at "The Game". Take care and those of you driving up from Houston and Dallas be careful.

Later.

I want to thank everyone for coming out for a l o n g day of Pokemon and to all the winners as well. If I remember right there were 42 players for the main event & 21 for a booster draft after the main event.

Next coming up for the OKC area is a City Championship on the 27th at Game HQ, then States at Heritage Park Mall on April 24th. Look for the other threads for more info.

I also want to give a special thank you to Richard for holding the event & to Roger for letting it all happen in the store.

Great Turn-Out....

:pokeball: :pokeball: ~~Thank You~Oklahoma City~~ :pokeball: :pokeball:

WOW!!! What a great turn-out for the "Oklahoma City~EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release Tournament. We had an increase in attendance at this Pre-release of 50% over the "EX Dragon" Pre-release in November 2003. Guys this is really exciting to see the growth of Pokemon-e TCG in the OKC area. I applaud you and would like to thank all of the Pokemon Leagues that have open in Oklahoma. :clap: AND thank you to all of the players that traveled from out of town (up to 700-miles) to attend the Pre-release.

Congradulations, to our winners: "10-Under"-Matthew Singer / "11-14"-Dylan Deitz / "15-Over"-Shawnncie Drennen. This was Matthew Singer's first sanctioned tournament to play in!!! :D A BIG THANK YOU to Roger Stillwell for hosting the tournament. Roger has one of the top gaming stores in this area of the country. Roger cares about his players in his leagues and caters to their wants and needs for good gaming. He also has the newest Pokemon League to spring up in the State of Okalhoma. Thank you to our judges, Roy Roberson Sr. and Ryan Davis, for the outstanding job that they did.

The Pre-releases are over and I hope that everyone enjoys the new cards. Now, we can get back to the serious games. :nonono: I hope to see you at the "Dallas City Championships" on Saturday, March 20th. If not, I will see you on March 27th at "GAME HEADQUARTERS" at 1620 SW 89th Street, Suite J, Oklahoma City. These are the last two "City Championships" in our area to attend. I know that some of these good players have moved up in age group. So, there should be a whole new bunch of players in different age groups this time around. These are the last chances to win those City Medallions and that VIP Package to the State Championships.

Take care and again, GREAT JOB guys with your Pre-realease. :thumb:

Back