Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Oklahoma Plasma Blast

old man

Details –

Where – Game Headquarters – SW 89th & Penn, OKC, OK
When – Saturday, August 3rd – Registration begins at 10am. The packs will be given out at about 11am.
Entry fee - $30. For this you’ll start off with 6 packs & when you turn in your energy you’ll get 2 more packs.
Free stuff – Promo card & deck box while supplies last! Limited to the first 36 players. There will not be a booster draft after the main event at this location.

Where – Alien Games on “A” street, (original location), in Jenks, OK
When – 10th – Registration begins at noon. The packs will be given out at 1pm.
Entry fee - $30. For this you’ll start off with 6 packs & when you turn in your energy you’ll get 2 more packs.
Free stuff – Promo card & deck box while supplies last! There is a limited supply of packs and promotional items so get in line early.

For each of the main events, I will once again be doing a random drawing. For each $5 spent at the store that day, upon showing me your receipt, you will get 1 ticket. Just before the 3rd round I will draw from those tickets for packs of this new set. This is a great way to help the store that provides us the location to play as well as a chance to earn some free packs.

There will only be a booster draft if there are enough packs left over.

For those who haven’t done a pack draft before, it’s easy! When you get your 6 packs of cards, you open them. With what you get inside plus basic energy that I give you, you make a 40 card deck. With 10 cards in a pack you’ll have extras left over so you set them aside. When it’s time to play, you & your opponent will play for 4 prizes instead of the normal 6. After the rounds are over, you turn in your basic energy & I’ll give you 2 more packs of cards.

BOOSTER DRAFT
Following the main event, there may be a booster draft. The entry fee for the booster draft is $25.

For the booster draft each player starts with 5 packs of cards. When you’re told you open a pack & choose 1 card from it for yourself. Then when you’re told to, you pass the remaining cards to another player. From the cards you just got passed, you take 1 for yourself. This continues till all the cards are gone in that pack. This also happens for the remaining packs.
After all 5 packs have been opened, then you take those cards & get as many basic energy from me as you want & again make a 40 card deck playing for 4 prizes a game. After the rounds are all over when you turn your basic energy back in, you’ll get 1 more pack.

If you have any question just ask here.

Can the dates be switched for these? Tokyo in Tulsa is happening the weekend of the 10th & we will have a bunch of people volunteering there as well as attending that. Most people won't be able to afford to do both even if they can schedule things around the convention's biggest day. I just don't want to have people to miss out.

I talked with Karen at Alien Games and she said the 10th is best, that the Tulsa thing is on the 3rd. Are we wrong on that?

No. I made the mistake on the dates and no one was around to confirm or deny anything since they were all at yugioh nats this weekend. I'll make sure to get everyone corrected now. Need a judge for ours since that's worlds weekend?

looking forward to the tournament. Hope there is a Booster draft too. does it depend on the number of people there whether there is a Booster draft or not. Thanks

The main criteria is if there is enough product. Usually there's enough people. It all depends on the turnout of the main event.

I have promoted this pre-release since it was posted at both leagues & spent the whole weekend at the con promoting pokemon to anyone who'd listen. Gave out dozens of business cards for Alien with the pre-release stuff on the back. Hopefully we get a bunch of new players. I'm still looking to judge if you need me to old man.

Back