Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Old Deck Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back at old cards brings up some missed strategies that might not do so well in unlimited. My 'challenge' (or idea) is this: make a deck using only cards from the wizard's era. Try something new other than Snichu or straight water Raindance (Sneasel and other staples can still be used but try to stray from common strategy.)

Here's one of my ideas, Egg Blast:

Pokemon (17):
3 Squirtle (EX 131)
1 Wartortle (EX 92)
3 Blastoise (B)
4 Exeggcute (AQ 77)
4 Exeggutor (AQ 12)
2 Cleffa (NG)

Trainers (29):
1 Misty’s Tears
1 Energy Amplifier
1 Switch
2 Gust of Wind
2 Energy Removal
2 Nightly Garbage Run
2 Computer Search
2 Gold Berry
3 Dual Ball
3 Pokemon Breeder
3 Professor Elm’s Training Method
3 Bill
4 Fisherman

Energy (14):
4 Recycle
10 Water

The strategy is to have Blastoise put waters on himself and have Eggs attack using those waters. Recycles can be attached once per turn. Use Fisherman and NGR to get energies back.

So there's mine. What can you think of?

Pokemon: 14

2 Aerodactyl (Fossil)
1 Elekid (NeoGen)
1 Ditto (Fossil)
3 Mewtwo (Movie Promo)
2 Cleffa (NeoGen)
2 Mr.Mime (Jungle)
3 Chansey (Bset)

Trainers: 30

1 Oracle (Skyridge)
1 Town Volunteers (Aquapolis)
2 Copycat (Expedition)
1 Town Volunteers (Aquapolis)
2 Energy Stadium (Neo Destiny)
1 Item Finder (Base Set)
2 Mysterious Fossil (Fossil)
2 Pokemon Center (Base Set)
2 Bill (Base Set)
3 Scoop Up (Base Set)
2 Computer Search (Base Set)
4 Gust of Wind (Bset)
2 Energy Flow (Gym Heroes)
1 Prof. Elm (NeoGen)
2 Gold Berry (NeoGen)
2 Focus Band (NeoGen)

Energy: 16
1 Potion Energy (Rocket)
2 Recycle NRG (NeoGen)
2 Full Heal NRG (Rocket)
4 **
7 Psychic Nrg

Here's one of my old stall decks. It's pretty much a stall haymaker base around Chansey. Mewtwo get the double colorless energy back into your hand after an energy flow and scoop up. Switch your pokemon and stall until your opponent decks. If that doesn't seem to work you can always use Elekid, if you ran out of energy-- but you never really should. Add 1 more Prof. Elm, if you want to be more consistent with refreshing your hand up to 3 times per turn (this is what gets all the basics out.) Oracle helps you grab a quick double colorless energy and a Goldberry for Chansey. When facing any of the heavy hitters, send out Mr. Mime active and Elekid on the bench an keep on hitting away, otherwise go aggressive with Chansey. Scoop up all the pokemon you don't want KOed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back