Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Oldschool dmg Swap variation

guilleg33

I rode lots of articles talking about this epic deck, and i was wondering to make a deck combining the classical deck; and wiggly.

what happend if u change Mr. Mime to jiggly and wiggly?

jigglypuff has more hp and disruptor atack (100% chance to asleep), then u got wigglytuff with the ridiculusly attack dealing 60 dmg every turn with only :colorless::colorless::colorless: and without any energy cost.

Play CPU search or even pokeball in otder to get full benched as fastest as possible. The rest of the deck would be identical yo original dmg swap. So, at the result the deck will be something like:

Pokemon (18 to 19)

x4 Chansey
x4 Abra
x2 kadabra
x3 alakazam
x3 or x4 jiggly
x2 wiggly

Trainer (24)

x4 switch
x4 defender
x4 pokemon center
x4 poke ball
x2 profesor oak
x3 bill
x2 gust of wind
x1 computer search

Energy (18)

x4 double colorless
x3 full heal energy
x11 psy

To-consider Trainer:

-Impostor professor oak
-no removal gym (stadium card)
-mr. Fuji
-Scoop up
-Warp point
-item finder
-nightly garbage run

Basically the strategy is the same of the original dmg swap, using chansey to tank. Defender to reduce by 20 the dmg caused by double edge. x4 switch in order to retreat Without any energy cost, and in order to not include any energy retrieval or recycling cards.

I know CPU search does not requiere to flip a coin but i find all the cards needed and i dont want to discard in early game to use CPU search, so i prefer pokeball instead. I can put or not the item finder or NGR but, they are not bad in any aoldschool deck. if u dont have too much discarding cards, i think the recycling card are inneded. I know also, pokeball sounds ridiculus but it works perfect at my opinion.
Play impostor professor oak could be excellent to burn your opponent´s deck.

What do you think?

The reason the old damage swap worked was because Mr. Mime was virtually impossible to kill in one hit back then. The opponent could do at most 20 damage to it and then you'd swap that 20 damage onto your bench. They had to Gust of Wind to score prizes. Doing more damage with Wigglytuff is cute and all but you have to run more pokemon to support wigglytuff (that is, instead of running 2-3 mr mime you have to run 6+ combined copies of jiggly and wiggly) which means less room for ridiculously powerful Trainers.

you also don't need Defender with Mr Mime because he only takes 20 damage anyway.

I guess this list is fine as a super-casual deck that will probably beat most other super-casual decks, but anyone playing to win (especially any deck running something like Hitmonchan) will make short work of this.

Back