Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

On The Road Again..

supertyranitar

Well, after getting home from the High-Point GC at a late hour, I was sort of depressed. I made 11th that day, even after being 12th going into the last round. I wasn't sure what I should play, so I just chose LBS yet again(I think I over play that deck :lol: ), and then head to bed. Next thing I know, it's time to hit the road to Maryland.

Here's the list I used for the day.

2 Squirtle(Smash Turn)
1 Wartortle
2 Blastoise ex
2 Pidgey
1 Pidgeotto
2 Pidgeot
1 Mew ex
1 Lugia ex
1 Latias *
2 Onix
2 Steelix ex
3 Jirachi DX
1 Jirachi HL
2 Holon's Castform
3 Holon's Magneton
26 Pokemon

2 Steven's Advice
2 Rocket's Admin
1 Warp Point
1 Switch
2 Holon Transciever
1 Holon Scientist
2 Holon Mentor
3 Rare Candy
3 Celio's Network
3 Power Tree
1 Island Cave
1 Space Center
2 Swoop Teleporter
2 Pokemon Retriever
26 Trainers

8 Water Energy

And now..to the report!

Round 1: Pow-Block (Billy Frazier)
Well, we're both having sort of a rough time setting up, he's doing a little better however. By about turn 5, he's got Pidgeot and Cargo ready, and building a TTar. Me, well, I'm still setting up a little, but I've got something going. So, deeper into the match, this guy is able to take out my Blasty that was on bench, so I end up having to get another out, but was able to do so thanks to Sir Pidge. So, even deeper into the game, I'm able to ko both of his TTar's, he sends in a pidgeot to Rock me, screwing up my set up a little. However, I'm able to get a Blasty out for the THIRD time, and I use Steelix to sweep his Pidge/Cargo, though it takes me a few turns to build it as well.
1-0
Round 2: QueenDom (Stephanie B.)
Well, this game was just awful for me. I couldn't pull anything I could actully use to save my life, while she manages to build up and pretty much destroy me. >.<
1-1
Lunch Break!!!
So, during this time, I get some pizza, play a friend of mine a game, MetaNite vs. LBS. I end up winning, and then a little after, change my sleeves from Red, Back to my old yellow sleeves. Round 3 is soon to begin.
Round 3: FlyCargo (Gary W.)
Well, I'm charging into this match with an amazing set up, however, he gets a quick Flygon out. So, to counter this, I Mentor to get Lugia and some other things, and wait until Jirachi dies. Then, I send in pidge, having both him and Blasty at the time, build up a Mew and then retreat to it to KO Flygon, by versatiling Lugia. Next thing I do is build up Mew to use Hyper Whirlpool, and ko a Trapinch. Then, I get a Steelix out and just take the game over. Sorry man :frown:
2-1
Round 4: Flariados (Mike M.)
Well, this seems like a repeat of last round, because I'm still having a little bit of trouble setting up and all, but, he gets down to one prize, and after that, I make some come back. I build up a blasty I believe, and meanwhile use Pidgeot to QS and what not to set up things. Then, I use Mew pretty much the rest of the game to get rid of the Spinarak. During this game, what helped was me able to ko a Flare ex to get up on Prizes, and Admin him down to 1. I ended up winning the game.
3-1
Round 5: Scrambled Eggs (Don't remember name >.<)
This was an interesting match-up. So, he's using D n' D to draw a ton of cards, meanwhile I'm setting up and preparing to charge into this thing. So, I'm able to get a Steelix ex out pretty fast, after seeing one Eggs being built up with like 2 DRE and a Holon Energy, and I take that out. Next thing I know, he pulls out a Trode, sends in an Eggs, retreating the Magmar. Then, explodes to put 3 Scramble and 2 DRE on that thing, and pows up my poor Blasty to take all that hate. But, I then get another Blasty out, and ko the Eggs with Steelix, then he pulls out yet ANOTHER eggs, and flips all tails, meaning I still have Mr. Steelix out. I ko the active, Yet one more Eggs comes up, KO's my Steelix. So, I send in Pidge, draw, drop down Mew and Latias *, retreat to Mew, build it up and use Shooting Star for game.
4-1
Round 6: MewTrick(Jordan H.)
Well, this game went pretty fast. I get a t1 Blasty out, he gets a good set up as well. I get a Mew out, and also try to get alot of energy while I can. He reversals up a Blasty, and hits it for 80 with Manny, the Manny having a Holon's Magneton. I draw, thanking god I have the energy to build up this turtle, and so I build him up, and hit Manny for 80, and discard the Magneton. After that, he draws, and builds a Mew on bench to take out Blasty. Comes to my turn, I have my Mew on bench, so I celio'ed for a holon's Magneton, and place it to Blasty, so he had 2 Holon's Pokes and a water, then use the water I bounced up to rain to Bench Mew. While doing all this, I'm setting up a Pidgeot line as well. so, I take out Manny, he sends in Mew to Ko me. Then, I send in my Mew, draw, and then thanks to Jirachi and a Holon's that I had in my hand (Or I celio'ed for it, can't remember), I metalic blowed his Mew to ko with my own Mew. That leaves me to two prizes, and Mew with a Magneton on him, and NO BF out. So, I go on to take my last two prizes, and for game.
5-1
So, that was the last round, and then we cut to top 8, I sort my deck, and get it checked and what not, and soon, Top 8 begins.
Round 1: Eeveelution (Don't remember name again >.<)

Game 1: Well, I set up like uber fast, and all he has is Jirachi and Ho-Oh ex on bench. So, I warp point, bringing up Pidge and then soon after building up a Latias *, retreating to it and dealing 150 to that big bad bird. Next turn, he plays down an Eevee, and continues using Jirachi. Goes to my turn, I play an energy to Latias *, and Healing light to heal damage off. Next turn, ESPEON! He plays it down, de-evos my Pidge, then I believe retreated to it to snap-tail it. Goes to my turn, draw, play down Holon's and then Rain down water, 150 with Latias *, and ko Espy. Then, I'm able to pretty much win it from there.
6-1
Game 2: My lord was this tough. We both set up pretty well, he takes out my Tortle early with Ho-Oh and Espy combo. I'm able to get another Blasty up, and I take out his Ho-Oh with it as well. It soon came down to the wire, me having no Blasty at all, yet I had a steelix that I had built up a little. So, using this baby, I dish out 40 to the Jolt with Charge, next turn, he plays an Espy to de-evo my Pidgeotto on bench, sends it active and plays energy, passes. My go, I draw, and hit Espy for 70. Next turn, he retreats back to Jolt, and does 30/confusion. My go again, I top-deck Steve, play it, and top deck 2 Candy and a Pidgeot, RC to Pidge, QS for an Island cave, play energy to Steelix, and ko Espy for game.
7-1

Round 2: DragTrode(Jonathan A.)

Game 1: This wasn't too hard of a match for me, I was able to use Lugia to ko a Sneasel, followed by a couple of Drags I believe. The match ended pretty quickly, iirc, and soon came to game two.
8-1

Game 2: This was a tough one, we both start with a Holon Castform, however, I go first. So, I swoop Casty, and into Jirachi, Wish, and then pass. He goes, Mentors, and retreats to I think Rachi, and wishes. My go, I draw, Celio+Candy to a Pidgeot, and then proceed to try to set up fast. I wish, QS, all that, and get a turtle on bench, but only Squirtle for now. He goes, swoops to a Dratini, evos both of the ones he had in play to Dark Dragonair, and evo lights. My go I draw, QS for a Wartortle, get an Onix to bench, and start powering it up. Later in the game, were both dishing blows, and I have Steelix active, him Drag. He's hitting Lix with Drag, however, I'm hitting his bench to get up on prizes. So, I get down to one, and I believe he does as well, and Drag's the only thing he's got. I send in Pidge, after Lix died, draw, QS for a mentor of all things to get a Lugia, H. Casty, and then having the water in hand, play Lugia, build it up and retreat to end Drag.
9-1

Round 3: Mynx(Mike P.)

Game 1: Well, I t1 a Pidge and am able to set up, getting a blasty out soon as well. BF isn't hurting me much, thanks to the gyms I'm able to draw into. I ended this game pretty quickly, he didn't get much out either, so that's another reason it ended pretty quick.
10-1

Game 2: Well, this game was just disgusting for me. I couldn't set up at all, meanwhile I'm getting destroyed pretty much. So, I decide to scoop and go on to next game, leaving us plenty of time for it.
10-2

Game 3: This was a very good match, I'm able to get a t1 Pidge again, and proceed to set up, He as well is setting up. I wish a couple of times, building up the DX Rachi as well to hit for 50 for one turn. Deeper into the game, It's coming close, He's got a pretty good set up, however, I've got 1 prize to his 5. What hurt him, was getting an Unown I instead of Roselia, so, he attempted to Freeze light Mew to paralyze, but no dice. Sorry man. :frown:
11-2

And with that, I win the Maryland gym challenge. At first, I was completely shocked, I really hadn't expected to win, I couldn't believe it at all to tell the truth. But, it was true. So, I'm congratulated by most of the people there, get my stuff, dad stays to talk a little. But soon, were off, and to home we go.

Props:
Seeing PenguinMaster, Pheonix Song, Steve S., and the Curries there.
Seeing the Aaardvark crew there, nice to see ya guys again.
And lot's more.

Slops:
Steve and Curries not making it in =(
And..Pheonix Song not makin' it in either =(

Also, I'd like to thank Steve for suggesting the 5th stadium in the deck. I must say, that really helped. Thanks man.

Last edited:
Cool Mike, I dont like LBS but I always have to admit that it is great. Good Job bringing it home for NC!

MAJOR props Mike!!!

Very impressive winning a gym in the 15 + so fast. Not easy to do ( as I'm finding out lol )

Good for you :)

~john

Great job dude!!! That was a great final match between you and Michael P. The last game was definitely a nail bitter (reminded me of the match Gymbo and I had last year in the GA GC).

Amen Feraligator - I was right there with you biting my nails on that final match too! I thought I was going to have to grab my inhaler....:tongue:

Congrats SuperTyranitar!! Great job & Good luck at worlds!!

Great job too ShPanda - what a hard fought battle!

After reading the report- I think what did it for Mike was number one- me telling him to bring it home for his sickly mamma and the YELLOW SLEEVES after the loss to Ms. Barlock!!!!

Mike versus Mike in the finals? =O

I didn't get to see the game; my friend's dad picked us up before Pramawat and Jordan were done playing their T4 match, but I thought it would be an uphill battle for you either way. Mynx or Mewtric, pick your poison, right? I guess not! Excellent job - it was a tough Gym Challenge with 61 in the 15+ alone.

GL at Worlds!

GJ Mike! Glad to see you got that trip outta the way early! You all still coming to TN this wkend??

Keith

Back