Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

One of a Kind!?!

ThunderBlast

I was surfing around the boards tonight and found the History of Pokemon : Prerelease Raichu thread. Then I found a thread by Will-iam about purchasing a Prerelease Raichu. That got me to thinking, maybe that booster box full of Prerelease Raichu I got as a kid is worth something! I've been using them as coasters and to level out table legs for the past 6 years.

I know, that's a terrible joke. Shame :nonono:. Do you blame me though?

Anyway, the real subject: Gym Heroes, Charity (#99), English, 1stEd. An otherwise boring card, but after reading about the Prerelease Raichu, and this may be going one step too far, I think my friend's Charity card is much, much more rare. Intrigued yet?

Sometime while we were kids, he got a pack of Gym Heroes and got a Charity card that by my best estimates fits the profile of an error card. This Charity has all the black lettering and outlines, but hardly any color. In fact, part of the card is colored while the rest is black and white. He describes it as looking like the printing press ran out of color ink.

Now, I've researched error cards and I've never came across a card fitting this description in an error card guide. That leads me to believe that it is very, very, very, rare. It could possibly be one of a kind. Again, this may be going one step too far, but you never know.

He has agreed to let me post a picture of the card on these forums. I'm really interested to see if anyone else has the same misprinted card, or similar cards. I should have a picture in a few days. Until then, gossip is welcome. Any Poke-holic knows Pokemon is ripe with gossip. Heck, I'm still trying to get Mew out from under that dang truck in Red&Blue :lol:

:lightning

Yes I have heard of multiple error cards and one similar to this. I am awaiting your pictures though I think I might be able to help, or at least give you a price range if you or him are trying to sell it.

I'm pretty sure it's not fake... It's just an error, they happen.

OP, don't get too uppity though. Just because it might be one of a kind does not mean it has a PR Raichu value.

could you possibly get a more high quality picture of it?

i can see the error that you mentioned, but it's pretty hard to see clearly.

its not a fake it is just an error, I have seen some like this before where the ink is very light to almost nothing.

It's a good error card to have or sell, but it doesn't rise to the level of a prerelease raichu for a number of reasons.
However, I'd say $25 to $50 is a good estimate.

Probably ebay, there is nothing else really, unless you do it privately but i agree with pokepop i would say $50. Definitly not the pre realese raichu, no english card will take that throne.

yes I was talking about the raichu, it is the most expensive English card, and one of the rarest overall.

Yes, that is why. Lots and lots of error cards exist in the world, and most of them are one of a kind in some way. PR Raichu is a prerelease stamp which limits its rarity in total, as it was a short run of even the REAL PR card, which I am guessing in itself is worth a decent amount, if not more than this error card when mint.

Also, your error is just a general error. A problem with ink cartridges or something, while PR Raichu was attributed to human error and a PR misprint at that.

Third, Raichu has a legendary status. We didn't even know if it was a 100% real card until a couple of years ago, and even then we had no idea of its whereabouts. Errors like yours are relatively common (or errors similiar to it are, at least), and are just thrown in with bulk errors.

Back