Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

One Piece DVDs, new version?

According to Anime News Network, Toei is going to release One Piece DVD volumes 1 and 2 in the fall/winter period. What is in doubt is if they're going to use the 4Kids Dubbed version or create a new one. Now we all know how bad the 4Kids version was. Cookies, pop-guns, lolipops, and a freaking rapper to do the theme song. Personally, I will only watch One Piece again if it's in a new version. If it isn't, I'll just write this off as one of the stupidest moves a dubbing company could make.

Your thoughts on the subject?

Sigh, it's official, they're using the 4Kids Dub. It's rather sad they make this decision. Guess I'm not going to be watching One Piece any time soon.

nope, on the box it says "English TV Version" meaning the stuff they showed on TV. I don't know about special features with edited scenes. All I know is they really screwed this one up on the decision of not making a new dub. Oh well, more pop guns, lolipops, and zero character development.

Have you ever seen the 4Kids dub in any amount? Sure it's not that great, but One Piece and Shaman King seem to be getting an okay treatment, all things considered (better than CCS and SM). They're keeping a lot of stuff, even if they're changing a lot more.

Wait, so the pop guns aren't real? Seems like they went way out of their way to censor guns. Hmm. I have to say that it is still an enjoyable show, though. They just need to get a better actor to play Luffie.

Last edited:
Back