Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

...ooo000 -VW Beetle- ..ooo0000

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikePK

Hey everyone, Colin (swanton1717) and I were talking decks and we decided to build one together. Each of our decklists are slightly different, but work pretty much the same. My deck is first, Colin's is 2nd since the stupid thing won't let me put them in columns... Strategy afterward…

So without further delay, the Triad’s VW Beetle:

VW Beetle – Version 1.0

---------------------nikePK's version----------------
POKEMON:
4x Bellsprout (40hp)
4x Weepinbell
3x Victreebell
3x Nincada (poison)
3x Shedinja
4x Wurmple

TRAINERS:
3x Professor Birch
3x Desert Shaman
4x Prof. Oak’s Research
4x Elm’s Training Method
2x Oran Berry
2x Switch
2x Low Pressure System
2x S. CHarm

ENERGY:
12x Grass
2x Warp
3x Rainbow

---------------------swanton1717's version------------------

POKEMON:

4x Bellsprout (50hp)
4x Weepinbell
3x Victreebell
4x Nincada (Poison)
3x Ninjask (power)
3x Shedinja
2x Dunsparce

TRAINERS:
4x Professor Birch
4x Oracle
3x Professor Oak's Research
2x Professor Elm's Training Method
3x Oran Berry
2x Strength Charm
2x Low Pressure System
1x Town Volunteers

ENERGY:
3x Rainbow Energy
3x Warp Energy
10x Grass Energy

Ok, strategy is this: You bust out the vbell pretty quick. You can afford to power it up cuz Shedinja only takes 1 energy, Ninjask only 2. Lure up crap that can hurt shedinja and wipe it out with either Jask or Vbell… or even Dunsparce lol. S. Charm in Colin’s version helps a lot with this. Low pressure lets you either increase the damage Shedinja does, or it helps him take some damage. Rainbows help shedinja take damage too. Shaman gets rid of switches, and is just an overall awesome card in my deck. Oracle gets stuff fast for Colin.

The reason our trainer lineups are different is just a playstyle difference. I’m really thinking of adding Oran berry in here after a few test games it seems like it would really really help out Shedinja.

Anyway… comments and fixes very much appreciated. I’ll be fixing up my version here in a bit after some more testing.

Last edited:
K, so i've changed this up quite a bit. Its a really fun deck to play, whether or not its a good deck i still gotta test some more to find. I'm sure its not going to be the greatest of decks, but it certainly is fun.

I've edited MY deck (the first one) in my first post, so check it out. Ninjask really wasn't helpful, so I dropped it. Now I focus on wurmple first turn swarming everyhting. Get a vic out fast and try and pick off stuff before they can get to you. Any evos they send up have to take on victreebell, and they shouldn't have too many bbp on their bench. Wobbuffet is a little threat, but with gusting and it needing 2 energy to retreat and 3 to attack, its not that bad. I'm more scared of stupid crap like Skitty, Torchic, and zangoose. I'll try and find something to combat this kinda stuff..

Thanks for the replies, keep em coming!

Hey looks pretty interesting. I'll have to play against it sometime. I think Cradily might be better than VBell. Try it out sometime. It can swarm a lot better. And it's just plain annoying. Just ask Jermy. This deck seems like the anti mine lol. I use Cradily to gust stuff up and Raichu ex for the big KO, and you use VBell to gust stuff up and then use Sheddy to ko the rest of the stuff that can't attack it. Watch out for Wobbys though. And watch out for Meditite!! :D

Ok, tell me the logic in this, cause obviosly I am Missing it. Rainbow in a deck that that only uses Grass and Colorless? Shedinja makes a little sense, but why make it easier to KO it???

The only other change I would make is -Strength Charm, + Grass Cube, drop 1 energy to add a 3rd. Use Poison build up to help KO Pokemon, better than self inflicted pain.

you guys might want to fit in buffer piece so that shedinja will have some defense against the smaller things. eh, just an idea. can't really do a whole review cause i'm working ;P, talk to you guys later.

OOOOK

See I told you that you should post it. Its been up like 4 hours and there have been 6 replies, I would have gotten like 1.

Anyway on to the point, I'm glad we took the time to make this because I do like the end result. And to the person that suggested Cradily, that wont work. The idea is to gust up their evos so they cant attack ur active Shedinja. Or you could gust up their basics and kill them with Victreebel, Cradily would not work.

I may drop the Ninjasks, or leave in like 2. But I am definitly gonna change Sparce to Wurmple, and add a Wurmple probably. So here is my current list...

POKEMON:
4x Bellsprout (50hp)
4x Weepinbell
3x Victreebell
4x Nincada (Poison)
2x Ninjask (power)
3x Shedinja
3x Wurmple(DR)

TRAINERS:
4x Professor Birch
3x Oracle
3x Professor Oak's Research
3x Professor Elm's Training Method
3x Oran Berry
2x Strength Charm
2x Low Pressure System
1x Town Volunteers

ENERGY:
3x Rainbow Energy
3x Warp Energy
10x Grass Energy

I am really liking this deck. I like how you can start with like a wurmple and get EVERY basic you need. Its so easy to swarm with this. I will try to test it out tomorrow at league. IF i do test it i will tell you how it does.

~Colin

Its been working ok so far. Not the best, certainly not the worst though. Plaid, I like Cradily and all, but Wurmple can't pull out fossils, and I really like Vic's power better than Cradily's attack, even if Cradily's power is supreme 0wnage.

Spectreon, the rainbows are for Shedinja, so that he can actually deal a decent amount of damage =\

Mike, I really may think about Buffer Piece, or SOMETHING that can reduce the damage dealt to him, cuz that is really the main problem, they drop some stupid basic and hit it for 20 and kill it. I'll probably drop the Oran berries for Buffer Pieces, because even if it DOES only work for 1 turn, that 1 turn turns into a gust possibility w/ Victreebell, allowing me to wipe the floor with basics.

About the grass cube thing. Me and Colin debated this, and I think that S. Charm is a bit better just because Vic can gust stuff up, kill it by doing 50. You can't do that with grass cube. If I can find room for both, I will definitely consider the G. cube.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll keep on testing this. Its not the best deck ever, but it is really really fun to play ^_^

Keep the posts comin!

I would say, just for a couple of test runs try it with Cube. I think the overall damage GC can do out ways SC.

Buffer peice is prolly a good idea. It stalls for antohter Gust attempt, which is good.

Well, I think the added Damage from GC could out weigh the Rainbows. Maybe swap them out??? It keeps Shed from being KOed by basics easily too....

one suggestion, add in mirage stadium, itll make it even harder for them to retreat for a basic and try to ko a shedinja. try it out.

ok, well i was wondering why you would want wurmple, until i decided to read it, which was a novel idea

well colin i will vouge for your deck, having played it with my new kingdra deck (colin, try not to think of bad fragrance trap flips)

but here's the thing that i don't like

1- there are too many basics out there that could ohko shedinja *cough cough SEADOT GROWLITHE cough cough*

2- a fire deck would rip this apart (and you all know that there are some rogue fire decks)

well i think that you should play something to cover your ungodly weakness to fire types.

that's about it

btw i know coliin, but who r u nikePK??????? and why do i realize that i will feel like a clownshoe when i find this out??

Hey Bigpoppa, I'm Pat, I was down in St. Louis for the Sky SBZ, the Sandstorm Prerelease, and the Dragon Prerelease if that helps you out any lol. I llive like 2 hours away, so its not like I'm a local or anything.

Erm... onto the deck now...

Yeah, those basics suck. I've commented about that earlier, which is why I was thinking of the Buffer Piece stuff.

Fire does rip this apart if it can swarm ala Blaziken. If it can't swarm, I think this can take it just cuz SHedinja doesn't get hurt. If they set a basic on the bench, its gusted most likely.

One thing I have learned from playing this though, is that Victreebell is a lot better than anyone probably thinks. I think I might shift focus from just Shedinja to even running another stage 1 like maybe Wailord (covers to the weakness in addition to just being good). Vic is just so deadly its not even funny. I really didn't think he'd be all that powerful, but I really think he is.

I'll test the GC, and I'm definitely gonna run Buffer Piece. I just don't know what to take out for the GC's. Trashing basics is really key in this, so I can't drop the S. Charms. I'll find something I'm sure lol.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll update it as I give it more testing

Ok anyway so I'll tell what happened at our league tourney. 20 people this week, pretty good. I went 3-1, winning against a Random Fossil deck, then i played 2 fun games against a Gardevoir and killed it both times, then I played a Blaziken/Gardevoir and won that for the tourney, and then i played a Blaze/Eggs/Delcatty and won that, then in the last round i lost to Kingdra Ex/Linoone.

Overall the deck ran very smoothly, and right now I have no fixes. I am leaving the Ninjask in, they are definitly important. And basics never were really a problem for the deck cause I could just gust them out and kill them.

Kingdra Ex can hurt this deck because it can damage bench so it doesn't matter if Shedinja is active, even though it is weak it can OHKO victreebel in one hit.

I dont think Buffer Piece is really needed, because if you would get KOed by a basic they would just drop the basic attach an energy and retreat for it to KO the shedinja, so a Buffer Piece could not have helped.

Ya so continue with fixes.

~Colin

Last edited:
Yeah Jermy, I know exactly what you're talking about. I'll consider Wobbuffet, I like how I can gust it up, and do 50 to ko w/o a strength Charm. However, he's anti-productive in the swarm aspect of this (read: i can't grab him with wurmple).

Colin, is your exact decklist as what it is in the original post? If its not, can you post your version, I wanna take a looksie at it and see what I may change in mine.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

nikePK said:
Yeah Jermy, I know exactly what you're talking about. I'll consider Wobbuffet, I like how I can gust it up, and do 50 to ko w/o a strength Charm. However, he's anti-productive in the swarm aspect of this (read: i can't grab him with wurmple).

Colin, is your exact decklist as what it is in the original post? If its not, can you post your version, I wanna take a looksie at it and see what I may change in mine.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

This is my exact decklist right now..

Pokemon: 23
4x Bellsprout
4x Weepingbell
3x Victreebel
4x Nincada
2x Ninjask
3x Shedinja
3x Wurmple

Trainers: 21
4x Professor Birch
3x Oracle
3x Professor Oak’s Research
3x Professor Elm’s Training Method
3x Oran Berry
2x Strength Charm
2x Low Pressure System
1x Town Volunteers

Energy: 16
3x Rainbow Energy
3x Warp Energy
10x Grass Energy

Anyway I do like the Mirage stadium, but it is SOO important for Shedinja to have 40 HP. So i dunno. Ill consider it though.

Last edited:
ok pat, now i remember, my bad

i'm not talking about blaziken, he's the last of your worries.........

example: i have a arcanine, jumpluff deck. (see Blazin Leaves)........... growlithe is too brutal and with HPS, all of my pokes, except torkoal, retreat for free, so effects don't hurt it......

colin knows that kingdra ex hurts it, since i was the one playing it, (see Do you have a flag?) so trust me, he knows

BUT fire isn't popular right now, GRASS IS, so using wailord isn't that good of an idea........... if u switch for a good stage one, i'd think about possibly a stage 1 fire type instead.............

also, lose WURMPLE!!!! you can swarm without it being absolutely useless, so use delcatty or linoone to swarm......

well that's all i have to say right now

Scott, Wurmple is gawd in this deck. I mean starting with a Wurmple and completely filling ur bench first turn is sooo good. And it has the whole grass theme ^_^

Anyway I made a slight change to my latest list I dropped a Weepingbell for an Oak's Research. In too many games have I gone without draw, so I need to add some.

Keep the replies coming.

~Colin

Ok I went to another tourney yesterday and here is how it went.

First round i played a random deck, i only saw a Trapinsh and Whishcash and they are both weak so I got him 3rd turn with Weepinbell.

2nd Round I played against KingdraEx/Scizor/Furret, I got out 3 Shedinja and 2 Bell and just wiped floor.

3rd Round I played against Ampharos Ex. He got an early Ampharos but he had an energy drought, I kept his drought going by switching for Pokemon with zero energy on it..i was having an energy drought too. Well I eventually got another Bell up and I got one Bell powered up and 2 Shedinja on bench and I gusted up his Pokes to get a head 2-5 in prizes and won on time.

4th Round I played against Aggron with tech. I got my Shedinjas out early and his exs could not touch me, his Arrons did pose a problem though. But I got them with a 30 damage placing Shedinja to leave him with just Ex's so I won.

The deck is doing very well, I think this is one of the few grass decks(that have all pokemon weak to fire) that can go head to head with fire. The main problem I see with this deck is how to beat Aggron Ex. But i guess i can just keep gusting up its basics and when he only has Aggron left I can burn it then take it out with Shedinja doing 30 a turn or so.

Please keep giving input.

~Colin

Hey, you got me thinking of one of my old Neon decks. Since most of cards are stil playable, I will post it here with your spin on it.. see wat you think....

25 Pokes
3/2/3 Victrybell
3/2/3 Vileplume (split Weakness accordingly, or go all Psy. Poison flip Power Plume)
3/3 Shedinja
3 Wurmple (Swarm)

Trainers: 21
3x Professor Birch
3x Oracle
3x Professor Oak’s Research
3x Professor Elm’s Training Method
3x Oran Berry/Potion/Moomoo
3x Rare Candy
2x Low Pressure System/Mirage (with Plume Poisoning almost every turn, this is a tough call)
1x Town Volunteers

14 Energy

2 Rainbow
2 Warp
10 Grass

Whaddya think. It is my old Burning Poison deck. I basically took out Muk (AQ) from my old deck, added Wurmple and Shedinja. New trainer engine may complicate things, but who knows.... Swarm 2 of each Bell and Plume. 75% Chance of Gust and Poison a Turn once 2 of each are in play. Poison helps Shed kill fast!!! Plume gives it a different Weakness, but still grass. (although now you fear Gardi's Ralts and Wobbers... oh goody). Plume can also attack for GC, doing 3 flips for x30 a heads, though it cunfuses itself (uggg)......

Plus it slaughters yalls once going. Shed dies quick of Poison, hehehee....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back