Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ORAS download vs cartridge

bulbasnore

Administrator
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
GameStop lost my business this time due to insisting I preorder to get the megastone cards. Just stopped by TRU to check out their 40% off second game, but they're sold out.

Since I want to street pass my EON Ticket to players at my event Friday I'm considering downloading ORAS from eShop.

What are the pros and cons of DL vs physical game?

I don't resell my games so that is no loss to me.

Well, the biggest thing for me at least is the resale value of the game once the next one comes out but since you dont care about that then you really have no cons since if you lose your 3ds, chances are you lose the game anyway. Just a fyi, if you choose to buy a new 3ds system and cant get the system transfer to work, which is a problem I tend to have then you can't redownload the game since its not locked to an account but to the system itself so you'll lose all your games.

A pro is everything is easier with club nintendo if you use it. They tend to offer bonuses for digital downloads and you wont lose your game if you place it down somewhere. Only cons are what I said above so you should be find with the digital download.

I went with the download. If Nintendo had increased the camera size on the new 3DS XL I would have got the cartridge.

I did background download (download later) and it showed up overnight on my game. Am I able to upgrade the size of my SD card?

Im not sure about upgrading the size of the SD card. With anything else it should be straight forward but since Nintendo is involved, things can get tricky. I say get a bigger card and copy the contents to the new card. Make sure to copy and not cut because if it does not work, you still want access to the old card.

Back