Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

OREGON City Championships (and one in WA)

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
OREGON City Championships

• Open to ALL players – Win as many as you can!
  • Three Age Divisions - Junior / Senior / Masters
  • Format - Modified (Bring your own Deck - Cards are allowed from EX Deoxys and later sets as well as Black Star Promos 29 and up)
  • Style - Age Modified Swiss (all players play in every round)
  • Entry Fee – FREE !!!

Prizes
1st Place - 18 Pokemon Boosters, Prize Bag w/Championship Medal
2nd Place - 10 Pokemon Booster Packs
3rd & 4th Place - 4 Pokemon Booster Packs
!!! Special Promo Card and City Championship Pins for everyone (while Supplies last) !!!

All tournaments Start at 11:00 AM (unless noted) – Play begins as soon as we get everyone registered.

Tualatin CC
November 18, 2006
Ancient Wonders
19060 SW Boones Ferry Road

Milwaukie CC
December 2, 2006
Gamer’s Hideout
16101 SE McLoughlin Ave

Sandy CC
December 9, 2006
Sandy Community Center
38348 Pioneer Blvd

Vancouver (WA) CC
December 17, 2006
The Bat Cave
6415 E Mill Plain

Aloha CC [12:00 Noon Start]
December 27, 2006
Rainy Day Games
18105 SW Tualatin Vly Hwy

Salem CC
January 7, 2007
Borderlands Games
546 High St NE

Gresham CC Note Date Change
January 14, 2007
Gamers Guild
801 SW Highland Dr

Corvallis CC New
January 20, 2007
Woodstock’s Pizza
1045 NW King's Blvd.

BDS

Last edited:
Pwnage.

Win as many as you can!

I intend to!

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

Hahaha!!

Ha

Hehe

Hoo

Whatever.

I may have to travel up to Washington a few weekends when there are none in Oregon.

Cyall in 3 weeks.

expect me to invade you and STEAL YOUR MEDALS!!! I've done it for states, and regionals. i WILL beat you with my 0 hrs of sleep! ph3r me!

Woah, the competition seems really tough this year. I also plan on going to as many Cities as I possibly can. I will dominate you all, both in cards and in Gameboy!

theres no way you can dominate the guy who played a deck he hadn't tested and put together before his dad drove him to the tourny from wa to or for the regionals and WIN IT!!! DOES IT!!!!!!

Team Rocket'll be there giving everyone a rough time! Oh, and, are there supposed to be GBA tourneys at these events? Cuz if so, someone should let me know.

[R]Visitor said:
Oh, and, are there supposed to be GBA tourneys at these events? Cuz if so, someone should let me know.
We didn't do them last year, but that doesn't mean we can't this year. Do you want to run them? If so, which CCs would you do them at?

BDS

I haven't decided which events i'll be at, I personally think these events will probably be a little cramped for something like a GBA tournament. I think without people like Chris yelling his lungs out to inform people of what's going on between rounds and all that, it'd be difficult to organize. I'm also a bit concerned when it would come down to prizes, i'm planning to hit roughly 5 locations and that's a lot of prizes to hand out in 2 months, especially if I don't have the support of the entire Oregon area Pokemon TCG Community. So, I guess my answer is "I'm not really sure if we should or even could."

I'll continue doing some thinking about it. The main problems I saw at the DF pre-release in regards to the GBA tourney is that we didn't have space to actually have the participants all sit down and play. I'd like to be able to have myself and a few "judge" type people be able to sit and watch over the games so we can time them with the stop watches, watch for cheaters (Somebody was cheating at DF and it took us a whole round or two to notice it), as well as moniter each participant who rented something from us, in order to keep our items from being stolen.

Basically space and time, are what we need more of at the GBA tourneys, or, at least, that's how I look at it.

Okay i am probably going to go to one, but just letting everyone know i made 2 decks, which i have never tried out against anyone.
This is stupid everyone is going to copy all of the decks that people have made, thats what i dont like.
Like Flaridos and rai eggs, people should just make their own deck

[R]Visitor said:
I haven't decided which events i'll be at, I personally think these events will probably be a little cramped for something like a GBA tournament. I think without people like Chris yelling his lungs out to inform people of what's going on between rounds and all that, it'd be difficult to organize. I'm also a bit concerned when it would come down to prizes, i'm planning to hit roughly 5 locations and that's a lot of prizes to hand out in 2 months, especially if I don't have the support of the entire Oregon area Pokemon TCG Community. So, I guess my answer is "I'm not really sure if we should or even could."

I'll continue doing some thinking about it. The main problems I saw at the DF pre-release in regards to the GBA tourney is that we didn't have space to actually have the participants all sit down and play. I'd like to be able to have myself and a few "judge" type people be able to sit and watch over the games so we can time them with the stop watches, watch for cheaters (Somebody was cheating at DF and it took us a whole round or two to notice it), as well as moniter each participant who rented something from us, in order to keep our items from being stolen.

Basically space and time, are what we need more of at the GBA tourneys, or, at least, that's how I look at it.
Space wasn't a huge problem at the Salem DF prerelease. And as I said many times before, I CAN HELP! Prizes aren't really a "must" in GBA tournaments. I remember just doing them for fun, but I'm sure I can gather up a few prizes for Salem's CC gameboy tournament.
As far as cheating goes, I don't think we have a problem with that in the Salem area, but I'll see if I can get a few people to help out reinforce the rules in future GBA tourneys.

Last edited:
Why not just run a few GBA tourneys for fun and not profit? I've seen you and Mr. Raichu do that before BDS. Besides, What would people want with a vat of Mac & cheese?

Personally, I like having prizes for GBA tourneys just because I like getting people to actually participate. I think if the prizes draw them in, then the fun itself will hook them, and they'll wanna do it every time.

I don't mind running them at cities, just so long as there's room for it, and if we can hopefully get some of the things i mentioned taken care of.

About the vat of mac and/or cheese, couldn't we just, distribute it evenly?

Since there seems to be a demand for the GBA tournaments, we'll work with [R]Visitor and CyberManetric EX to schedule a few at select cities. Stay tuned to this thread for updates and announcements about which locations will have a GBA tournament. As to prizes, I'm sure we can come up with something (as always, donations gladly accepted).

BDS

Big Daddy Snorlax said:
Since there seems to be a demand for the GBA tournaments, we'll work with [R]Visitor and CyberManetric EX to schedule a few at select cities. Stay tuned to this thread for updates and announcements about which locations will have a GBA tournament. As to prizes, I'm sure we can come up with something (as always, donations gladly accepted).

BDS
SWEETNESS! Glad to finally be helping out for real. :clap:
[R]visitor and BDS, please let me know on any locations where you're in need of my assistance.

Back