Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

(oregon) lucksack.dec wins a BR! and gyra gets 3rd

soxrcol

hooraw, first toruny win since seniors 2 years ago in the same location :p I'm awesome at this game.

so day one, wake up, shower, leave for guardian games with ben (toxicshock).
meet up with everyone
I build my awesome list for Jumpluff the night before, and I tech kingdra prime for lolz and rounding off damage.

so yeah I play pretty normal Jumpluff with kingdra prime as a 1-0-1 tech, mesprit, chatot and 2 pokemon reversals (trolololol)

35 people in masters

game 1 vs SP's (glesty)

awww I'm not supposed to play a good player game one :(
I get a decent start to his not so great start and just sweep.

1-0
game 2 vs Dusknoir sf (Hiroshi)

hiroshi has the tendency of beating me in swiss lots haha, last 2 times IIRC :p
so when I see his deck and realize how it pretty much locks me down I frowny face a bit.
so yeah I get bad starts to his ok one and he just sets up a bunch while I struggle to do anything.
I did get a heads on reversal to bring up his claydol though lol just to stall but he warped D:

I got kingdra prime up like 3 times this game, he kept dark palming it :p

1-1
game 3 vs Ttar prime (Cory!)

horay cory!! haha
so he opens with sableye to my uxie(?) and doesnt donk me thank god and about two turns in has two baltoys on his bench and he just collectered for some basics he needed.
I could tell he had bts and claydols + stuff in his hand but he didnt play em because I psy binded him the turn before.
and then I play judge.

trolololol

but yeah I have claydol by then and recover fine and get a couple prizes up on him while he gets set up and by the end he cant spread to get enough ko's and he also cant get another ttar up (wiffed on larvitar) so I warp for game.

2-1
game 4 vs TTar sf (Donna)
so game 2 I look over to see donna vs glesty with donnas field being a ttar sf with 4 special darks, an expert belt, a basic dark and no damage on it. and glestys field is dying sp's. haha 90 + 30 spread ery turn ftw.

so she opens with sableye and kills a active hoppip (I think) so I have to get stuff out and recover. about turn 3 she has a active weavile and benched pupitar....so I reversal it up (trolololo) and kill it with jumpluff and from there she cant get one up in time so I just sweep

3-1
game 5 vs Luxchomp (Jason(regionals winner))
I lol cause I have to play the only undefeated
but yeah I get a strong start to his dialga g + stuff rolling and get super lucky and t1 reversal up his luxray with 1 energy and mass attacked it for ko :p he QQ's hard for good reason
so yeah were both set up and he kills off my baltoys which doesnt really bother me cause I just go get more lol and he cant powerspray anything that got me set up.

at some point in this game he kills my active jumpluff, leaving me with one hoppip w/ energy and one claydol on the field and nothing to get jumpluff in my hand. I top deck jumpluff. He sprays my cosmic so If I didnt top deck he would have destroyed me

lucksack.dec

so yeah late game I get kingdra out and he sends up dialga to stall a turn cause I can only hit for 90 without spray splash and he powersprays it so I just belt and ko his next couple dudes for game
4-1

so top 4 is:
1 Hiroshi (dusknoir)
2 Jason (luxchomp)
3 me (Jumpluff/techs)
4 Nicole(rawr) (Jumpluff/luxray)

So jason and I prepare ourselves for some epic rematch :p
t4
game 1
he goes first, dce ambipalm donk my hoppip! WOOOO LUXCHOMP!
lol I knew I was gonna get ownd so t1 I just stare him down and so like 8 seconds after Josh said You may begin I get to say good game and shuffle again :p
0-1

game 2
uhm... strong start for me, ok for him I think, I get a early psycic bind which slows him down for a turn. I kill stuff for a bit, he gets rollin hard, I 2 for 2 on heads for reversal(<3) we both get mad lucky on draws from my first judge but later game I judge him twice more and he cant get back after the 2nd one. kingdra spray splashes to even up hp for the last prize, but he sprays, and again I belt for game :p
1-1

game 3
strong start, ok for him, I get a few fast prizes he comes back-ish, I reversal his benched garchomp x and ko it, I go 2 for 2 on reversals again lol. and yeah I take 6 prizes before him, good games indeed
2-1

so nicole loses which means I have to face hiroshi D: I qq hard cause she lost even when she played ray. I did look over and she did get quite bad luck though.
OM NOM NOM pop tarts for ENERGY

t2
game 1
both have decent starts, I can take some easy prizes on spritombs while he sets up and when he gets dusknoir out and night spins I send up a pluff with 3 energy on it to ko and warp for some other prizes.

1-0
game 2

ok starts, he gets pretty set up and I do too, I wiff on warps a couple times and I go all hardcore with benching claydols and jumpluffs while he's dark palming them :p (Jumpluff has mad recovery) and by when time is called I have a active pluff with 50 on it, benched belted jumpluff with 30 on it and 2 energy, he has dusknoir with 80 on it (all shadow command lol) and he needs two prizes to win game 2 while I need one. He didnt think about damage even so he night spins to tie up the game and I just attached to my belted pluff and ko noir.

hate to win off a misplay but thats how I lost a couple weeks ago in t2 too lol, plus I'd have the advantage in sudden death anyway

so yeah good day :p

props:
1st!
nicole getting 3rd
getting lucky!
Reversals!
Judge!
Kingdra prime!
Ben for driving me
all the wonderful Judging staff
hometown win
randy getting 2nd!
eleki getting 1st (with some lame deck that he prolly netdecked...noob) lolo

slops:
no moolah :(
ben leaving early
nicole getting sick the next day

yup.

and yeah I got 3rd with gyra the next day but I'll write that up later :p this is enough writing for 1 session :p

He didn't think about Damage Even against me either, but I was set up to KO him with a different 'pluff if he broke the Night Spin chain. Still, annoying deck to face as 'pluff, won't lie. GJ!

And I never used my Luxray against him, except to bait his Dark Palms away from my energized 'pluff.

Last edited:
Back