Oregon State Championship - March 10, 2007

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
OREGON STATE POKEMON CHAMPIONSHIP

Basic Information
Location: Monarch Hotel, 12566 S.E. 93rd Avenue, Clackamas (Portland) OR
Date - Saturday, March 10th, 2007
Time - 9:00 AM (registration) Play begins as soon as registration is complete. The main tournament (swiss rounds) will last 5 to 6 hours
Three Age Divisions - Juniors (born in 1996 or later) / Seniors (born in 1992, 1993, 1994, or 1995) / Masters (born in 1991 or earlier)
Format – Modified Constructed Deck (bring your own deck)
Age Modified Swiss (all players play in every round)
Cost - FREE
Additional Information - Call (503) 888-1366 or e-mail [email protected]
Food - We will take a Lunch break around noon and a Dinner break after the swiss rounds of the main tournament end. There are a number of fast food restaurants located within 1/4 mile of the Monarch Hotel. Players are also welcome to bring their lunch/dinner and eat on site.

Prizes Prizes Prizes
· The top 8 players in each of the three age divisions (Juniors, Seniors & Masters) get the following prizes (Boosters will be EX Power Keepers):
1st Place - 36 Pokémon Booster Packs, State Championship 1st Place Trophy, Prize Bag,
4-day Origins pass and $300 travel allowance for Nationals (must be claimed at Nationals)
2nd Place - 16 Pokémon Booster Packs, State Championship 2nd Place Trophy, 4-day Origins pass
3rd Place - 8 Pokémon Booster Packs, State Championship 3rd Place Trophy
4th Place - 8 Pokémon Booster Packs, State Championship 4th Place Trophy
5th-8th Place - 4 Pokémon Booster Packs​
· All players get to pick from the “Mystery Box”, which contains a random selection of Pokémon Foils, Black Star Promo cards and ???
· Prize Drawings between every round for Promos, Boosters, and other Pokémon items!!!

Side Events
Based on interest, we will hold the following side events after the main tournament ends.​

THEME DECK CHALLENGE: You will get a random theme deck (newer sets) and two boosters to use in putting together a 40-card deck. All these cards are yours to keep. Energy will be provided. After putting together your deck (you have 30 minutes to do this), you will play three 25-minute rounds in a Swiss tournament (everyone plays in all three rounds). Prizes will be most likely be EX Power Keepers Boosters for 1st - 4th places.
Entry fee - $15.00

BOOSTER DRAFT TOURNAMENT: You will get six boosters (newer sets), which will be drafted in pods of 8 players. You will then build a 40-card deck. All these cards are yours to keep. Energy will be provided. After putting together your deck (you have 30 minutes to do this), you will play three 25-minute rounds in a Swiss tournament (everyone plays in all rounds). Prizes will be most likely be EX Power Keepers Boosters for 1st - 4th places.
Entry fee - $15.00

GAMEBOY ADVANCE TOURNAMENT: (Rules Revised October 2006) Throughout the day, there will be a Gameboy advance tournament going on. The tournament will require you to bring your own GBA and game. There will be Pokémon merchandise for prizes. We will structure this tournament in a way that those people participating in the main tournament can still participate in the GBA tournament. RULES - You are allowed 3 Pokémon of level 100 or lower; No two of the same Pokémon; You may only have ONE Pokemon from the following list on your team: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys; No duplicate held items allowed; Certain powers (Moonlight, Morning sun, Dream Eater, Rest, Recover, Explosion, Selfdestruct, Slack Off, Soft Boiled, Swallow, Synthesis, Wish) are not allowed after 6 minutes into the match; "Modified" GBA cartridges are not allowed (i.e. Game Shark).
Entry fee - FREE (Link cables will be provided if needed)

BDS

Last edited:
Big Daddy Snorlax said:
Oregon players are smart enough to know this stuff, but I guess I can edit the post so others don't get confused. :biggrin:

BDS

Ouch.

BDS can be nasty when he wants to be.

APT said:
Well, their not smart enough to keep us from taking their States. ;D

Not SMART enough, or not GOOD enough? :rolleyes:

(And keep in mind I didn't play in Oregon States last year)

Ugh, this is going to be one hard tournament to make, with finals on monday and all. Anyone willing to give Matt and Michael a ride?

Now for one of the anticipated questions:
Do Phazon and I dare run a Melee tournament at State's? I'm up for it if he is, but since the main tournament lasts so long, it may not happen cuz of time. Phazon, help me out here.

Do Phazon and I dare run a Melee tournament at State's? I'm up for it if he is, but since the main tournament lasts so long, it may not happen cuz of time. Phazon, help me out here.
Don't just assume it will be OK to run something at a major tournament like States without at least asking Chris, Shawn or myself first. I don't see any problems, but to avoid any complications, figure out what you want to do and let one of us know so we can make sure it fits in with our plans.

BDS

Ummm....rahrah, shisko-bah?

XD

Well, I'd be up for it. I'll work out the format with you on the way to the Corvallis CC this saturday.

Hooray for public PM material.

Back