Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Original deck (Probably) ... Amphyogreflydon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

insanity

Have been thinking about a combo to go with Groudon Ex and Kyogre ex CG for a while now. Came up with a deck that could work but needs a bit of playtesting and a lot of tweaking. Also I know I have 61 cards, I kinda need to drop 1, any suggestions?

Pokemon x19

4x Holons Castform
2x Trapinch d
1x Vibrava d
2x Flygon d
2x Mareep d
1x Flaafy d
2x Ampharos d
1x Chimecho d
2x Groudon ex
2x Kyogre ex

Trainers x26

2x Copycat
1x Celio
4x Transceiver
2x Researcher
2x Mentor
1x Farmer
3x Holon Adventurer
4x Windstorm
3x Rare Candy
4x Mr Stones Project

Energy x16

6x Fighting energy
6x water energy
4x delta rainbow

Strategy.

Holons Castform: Main starter? mentor a Mareep and Trapinch and Chimecho then attack and draw 3. As an energy delta supply an energy onto Groudon/Kyogre and then attatch and discard Castform.

Ampharos d: Allows Flygon d to delta supply Groudon/Kyogre and not a bad backup attacker. Also enables researcher to fetch any pokemon from the deck.

Flygon d: 60 damage is meh so more an enabling pkmn, allowing constant attacking from Kyogre/Groudon.

Kyogre ex: Could have a worse start, free retreat allows you to get a turn 1 Castform and 70 damage to the bench is pretty hefty, use it to KO a pkmn they may be setting up. Main attacker

Groudon ex: Nightmare start but a good staller. you can build one up with plenty of energy to attack repeatedly and still use a benched ones pokebody to reduce damage dealt. Main attacker

Chimecho d This deck is based around a 12 card Holon Engine so quite a few cards will be discarded. It can get back one of the energy used for Groudon/Kyogres attacks.

Thanks, appreciate any help.

Drop 2 Groudon 2 Kyogre 1 Adventurer. Put in 1 Lugia ex, 1 Latios*, and 1-1-1 line of Flygon d. Energy should be 4 Fire, 4 Water, and 4 Lightning.

-2 Copycat
-1 Celio's Network
-1 Holon Adventurer
-4 Mr. Stone's Project
-1 Fighting Energy
-1 Water Energy

+2 Holon Mentor
+1 Holon Scientist
+1 Holon Lass
+1 Trapinch d
+1 Vibrava d
+1 Flygon d
+1 Rare candy
+1 Lugia EX (if you have it)
+1 Latias* (if you have it)

If you don't have lugia or latias, a couple switch cards would be nice in here to save you from Groudon starts. A 1-1 Line of Steelix might even work, but this deck needs two stage 2s to power up its attackers, while more popular decks like MSN and Meganium/Steelix just need one stage 2. And you're devoting several spots to Mr. Stone's Project to get your energies back, while MSN's energy acceleration gets the energies directly from the discard.

This is a variation on FA-L, with Amphy and Flygon powering Lugia. Kyogre isn't all bad, but what does it threaten in this environment?

You might want to think of swapping the Kyogres for Groudons, Lugias, and/or Lati@s *.

Pokemon 23

4 Holons Castform
3 Trapinch d
2 Vibrava d
3 Flygon d
2 Mareep d
1 Flaafy d
2 Ampharos d
2 Chimecho d
1 Lugia EX
1 Lati* (whatever its name is...but i think you could use latias or latios)
1 Kyogre ex (you might want to take this out for another lugia ex)
1 voltorb(counts as a energy so you can mentor for it if you dont start with energy in your hand then just start delta drawing)

Trainers 23

2 Copycat
1 Celio
4 Transceiver
2 Researcher
4 Mentor
1 Farmer
1 Holon Adventurer
1 Scientist
3 Windstorm
4 Rare Candy

Energy 14 (i know its low but you have 2 Chimecho d and also holon's voltorb)

5x psy
5x water energy
4x delta rainbow

Ya, Kyogre ex isn't too cool. Lati@s/*/ex and Lugia are better.
3 Rare Candy??? With 2 Stage-2 lines 4 is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back