Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Orion Craig Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heidi Craig

Hello everyone,

We finally have the results to Orion's tests from his injury. His knee cap dislocated somehow and when he fell, it caused the knee cap to slam into his growth plate and when the knee cap went back into place it broke off a piece of cartilage which is stuck in his knee because of this it stretched his ligaments and growth plate. They plan to do surgery on Tuesday of next week to remove the cartilage and hope that it will grow back since he is so young. He will have few physical therapy sessions to learn how to strengthen his knee and it should take about 2 months to get the knee strong again.

I would like to thank everyone for their concern. I was really impressed how quickly accommodations were set up for Orion so he could be a part of Pokemon for the weekend thanks so much for that it meant a lot to both of us. I would also like to thank everyone at world's who helped with Orion making the event fun for him.

I will post after surgery to let everybody know how it went.
Heidi

Good to hear! Hope it all works out without too much more trouble for him

By the way, PM me your address so I can send you that staff card.

Oh no! I obviously don't know you or Orion (cool name) at all, but here's hoping for the best...

ouch :(

hope he has a speedy, painless as possible recovery; kudos to him for playing so well through adversity in the grinder!

you guys have had the WORST luck at big events, seems like you've been in the ER at way too many of them in the past couple years! :( hang in there mom, i know this affects you as well...*hug*

~doreen/'mom

=/
that sucks, heidi. i hope you, orion, and the rest of your family pull through. here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

Good luck on your surgery. Orion is very lucky that he's young. Hopefully age will be his strength in that situation.

if he recovers like he played at worlds, he will be just fine. he made quick work of his opponents at worlds and it was awsome to see those resolt slips and see that he had won.

Best wishes and get well soon,

~Professor Rob Larrabee~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back