Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Orlando Regional Championship 2009

Heidi Craig

Orlando Regional Championship
April 18, 2009

Friday Night Tournament info added to the bottom.

10100 International Dr
Orlando Fl 32821

Event starts: 11:00am
Entry: FREE
Format: Modified

Prizes: Prizes are awarded to each age division
1st Place: 36 boosters, trophy, $1500 scholarship, trip to Nationals, Darkrai binder and cap
2nd Place: 36 boosters, trophy, $1000 scholarship
3rd and 4th: 36 boosters, trophy
5th through 8th Place: 18 boosters
9th through 16 Place: 9 boosters

Each player that enters will receive a regional promo and pin. (while supplies last)The first 250 players that enter will receive a custom made regional dice.

Lunch: The resort will offer a buffet or Pizza Hut lunch deal for those that what to eat on site. Prices will announced soon. No outside food or drinks are allowed in the venue, there are several places to buy drinks and food on site. All drinks brought into the venue by players must have screw top lid to minimize spills since all drinks must stay off the tables.

Raffles:
Pokemon 3 figure packs, beach balls, deck boxes, sleeves, packs, hats, and binders.

Reservations: Room Rates are 109.00 plus tax, there are a limited amount of rooms available at this time. I recommend if you would like to stay there to call as soon as possible. There is a group that has many room on reserve as the dates gets closer more rooms may be released for players to book them. Please call 407-352-1100 or 1-800-327-0363 for reservations.

For directions you can use www.expedia.com or www.mapquest.com. This resort is on International Dr and West Wood Blvd. It is easier to use West Wood Blvd for the main entrance. The meeting space is located to the left of the main entrance.

Activities:
Coloring Contest
Prizes: Will be awarded for each age division 10 and under, 11-14 and 15+
1st: Something cool
2nd: Something less cool
3rd: Something

Guess the damage counters
Sudoku-Mon

[FONT=georgia,palatino]Friday Night Tournament[/FONT]
Location: FX Show at the Orange County Convention Center West Building
9800 International Dr
Orlando, Fl 32819
Start: 6:45
Entry: 5.00
Format: Modified
Prizes: will depend on the number that enter.

Draft Event
Registration: when there is at least 8 people that would like to play. I will take sign ups starting at 6:00pm
Entry: 25.00
Prizes: each player receives a total of 9 packs.

Property information:
  • On site Amenities:
    • Lagoon pool with a waterfall, 2 additional pools and a hot tub
    • Kids Jungle Gym
    • Putt putt golf
    • Game room
    • Day Spa
    • Fitness Center
  • Off site Options:
    • This resort is located next to Sea World, Aquatica and Discovery Cove.
    • Premium Outlet Mall 4 miles
    • Florida Mall 6 miles
    • Mall at Millienia 6.5 miles
For more info please see their web site at www.intlplazaresort.com

Last edited:
I've been to this hotel. It used to be a Ramada way back and it's really nice. And it looks like it's been upgraded. This is going to be a great place for an event.

On the downside, you may only have one of the Christians at Regionals. Caitlin's returning from a school event that day and one of us needs to be home. More to follow...

Thank you for posting the regional information Heidi. I'll see everybody there. I hope I won't get 3rd since I want to get something cool :p.

Last edited:
Awesome!
Hopefully this time i wont lose to grafton in top16-oh wait i aged up....(even worse)
This will be a great event, and really fun as usual!!

I'll be there with a few of my homies. You'll get to see the master artiste at work at the coloring contest.

- Croatian "no need for Smeargles" Nidoking

hey guys this is my first post =0 i just started playing poekmon again and i want to go tournament and im deffinetly going because it is a few days after my bday but i was wondering what age group i would be in if i was 12?????? and do any of u guys r girls know where a list of all the cards that will be banned for the tournamant

hey darkartisan so my decks are mostly made up of cards before 2008-09 so that means that they are not legall for the tournament ????????

what do u mean by 171717171etc... so guys i just bought a starter deck *the one with the magmars evalution* im going to add the chim char family to it and teh turtwig family i was wondering if there is a diamond and pearl ho-oh or moltress

im going for sure i'll see u guys there 11-14 year olds better be ready to get stomped =0 u will feel the wrath of charizard moltress torterra combined!!!!

Does anyone plan on getting there the night before on Friday? Is there going to be an area set up to playtest and trade the night before? Looking forward to the competition!!

hey guys this is my first post =0 i just started playing poekmon again and i want to go tournament and im deffinetly going because it is a few days after my bday but i was wondering what age group i would be in if i was 12?????? and do any of u guys r girls know where a list of all the cards that will be banned for the tournamant

Best tool for you is probably the decklist builder utility at http://pokegym.net/decklist/

That and the modified legal card list are both to be found as links on upper left side of the Gym's home page.

Personally I'd recomend you get two theme decks and combine them. The supporters are key and this way you'll have four not to mention having at least two each of the heavy hitters.

Back