Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Other Question about a penality situation

DrCaterpie

Hi Prof. I'm a Pokemon's Player and I have a question about a penality situation...

At the first deck check when a tournament start a Player's deck have 12 sleeves more long then other.
The judge order change the longer sleeves . The tournament start and the Player pass in the top 4 and consign his deck to a judge for a second deck check. After the second deck check the Player's deck have the same 12 sleeves more long then other .The judge decide for a Game Loss.

What do you think about this situation ?

I think this one is appropriate.
There was a problem with the deck the caused the deck to be marked.
The judge pointed out the problem to the player and instructed them to fix it.
It was not fixed.
So the player had a marked deck through the tournament and was aware of it, or at least should have been, based on the discussion with the judge about it.

I agree with PokePop. I don't see anything inappropriate in this decision. Especially if those 12 cards were particular cards. (12 Energy, anyone?) Marked cards are serious business in tournaments.

This Player played for all tournament with 12 marked particular cards. Wasn't disqualification more appropriate ?

This Player played for all tournament with 12 marked particular cards. Wasn't disqualification more appropriate ?

That depends what cards were in the 12 longer sleeves.

If they were, for example, all the evolutions in his deck, then maybe a DQ is the right call.

However, if they were twelve random cards (e.g. 4 trainers, 3 Pokemon, 2 Energies, 3 Stadiums) then a GL was the right call.

I'd agree that DQ is a distinct possibility. But I can't say if DQ would have been more appropriate than a GL.

It helps if you ask the full question from the beginning.
I thought you were taking the position that it was too harsh.

In many cases, there is a range of what can be the correct way to handle a situation and what penalty might be appropriate.

The complete details of what happened, and what has happened with that player in the rest of the event, or even at other events, can all go into what is a correct penalty to issue.

So, yes, a Prize Loss is an appropriate penalty.
A DQ would also possibly be an appropriate penalty.

I posted in support of the penalty given as it was within the range of possible penalties.
I'm not going to second guess the judge about whether it was the best possible penalty to give since I wasn't there to evaluate the entire situation.

Back