Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Our old friend Snorlax

dkates

A recent thread about a deck idea brought up old Jungle Snorlax. My questions are,
a) Can Snorlax become Burned if its Power is on? I would assume so, because Burn is not mentioned in the text.
b) Because of the ruling that any Powers that were shut off by (Sleep, Confusion, Paralysis) are now shut off by all Special Conditions, a Burn would also shut off Snorlax's Power. If the answer to question a) is yes, and if an attack would inflict Burn and another Condition (for example, AQ Muk), does only the Burn occur, or does the other Condition also occur? I would assume only the Burn, because of timing.

I would assume errata to something like "Snorlax can't be affected by a special condition." Remember, Snorlax was made long before anybody had even begun to think up Burn.

True, but Snorlax was most recently reprinted in LC (still before Burn existed, but after the errata I mentioned), and its power says, (I quote from the Oracle) "Snorlax can't become Asleep, Confused, Paralyzed or Poisoned. This Power stops working if Snorlax is already affected by a Special Condition." If they meant it the way you said it, they would probably have saved space and written it that way.

The LC Snorlax card in front of me says the following:
"Pokemon Power: Thick Skinned
Snorlax can't become Asleep, Confused, Paralyzed, Poisoned, or Burned. This power stops working while Snorlax is affected by a Special Condition."

It would seem that Wizards was looking out for Snorlax with the new special condition on its way.

There are a few errors in the LC oracle text...

eg all those cards that were made Clefable proof have incorrect text in the Oracle.

Back