Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pachirisu/Unknown G question

Blade rush

Everyone is sayin that Unknown G is anti-Gallantry so Pachy is being added instead of Absol or Stantler. My question is can Unknown be discarded when it says prevent all effects of attacks except damage? Please help!

The pokemon with the g would take 40, but wouldnt lose the unknown itself, and the still get to see your hand.
Yep, but don't forget that you can't discard any Unknown from the hand because it can only be a tool while in play. But at least you can look at their hand :thumb:.

Constant 40's from a basic for 1 energy isn't that bad really.

Is unknown G worth putting into decks?

What exactly in the current metagame does he stop?

Maggy's bench spread is an effect on the bench, Gallades psychic cut affects himself, gardies psychic lock affects the opponent.

Thanx in advance.

bring down
anything that places damage counters
status conditions

unown G is very good.

It doesn't stop anything you do to yourself, damage from any source, and effects from powers and bodies. But it is still very good.

You DON'T get to look at the hand!

Since you didn't discard a Tool, you don't get to look.

bring down
anything that places damage counters
status conditions

unown G is very good.

It doesn't stop anything you do to yourself, damage from any source, and effects from powers and bodies. But it is still very good.

I guess it stops Typhlosion from discarding DRE/Scrambles.

Stops confusion from machamp.

Still doesnt seem like it warrants a spot in a deck, also adding a chance of starting with it.

No. flipping the prizes is part of determining the amount of damage and Unown G doesn't stop anything to do with damage.

[Hmm that isn't quite as clear as it ought to be. Even if unown G stopped damage and effects, you could still flip the prizes to alter the base damage. Step a) in how to calculate damage inthe Expert rules. Still isn't very clear :( . I'm sure this has been covered in Ask The Masters ]

The flipping of prizes IS an effect.
But it's NOT an effect done to the Pokemon that G is attached to.
So that's not stopped.
Then, the calculation and adding to damage is not an effect at all and so is not stopped.

Back