Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Palkia G/Honchkrow SV/Lumineon SF (MD-on)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunchris

So after finally finding a league I decided to play this new deck of mine and it did pretty well for me. I want to know what everyone's suggestions of changes I should make to make this deck even better.

Pokemon: 19
2 Palkia G (PL)
1 Palkia G X (PL)
2 Garchomp C (SV)
2 Garchomp C X (SV)
3 Sableye (SF)
1 Murkrow (SV)
1 Honchkrow (SV)
1 Finneon (SF)
1 Lumineon (SF)
1 Crobat G (PL)
1 Azelf (LA)
1 Mesprit (LA)
2 Uxie (LA)

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:28
2 Energy Gain
1 Bench Shield
3 Bebe's
2 SP Radar
2 Power Spray
3 Poke Turn
2 Pokemon Collector
1 Aaron's Collection
2 SSU
2 Switch
1 Luxury Ball
2 PONT
1 Palmers
4 Cyrus's Conspiracy

Energy: 13
5 :dark:
3 :colorless::colorless:
5:water:

Strategy:
I pretty much want to control what my opponent has on their bench. Using both Honchkrow and Lumineon's powers I am able to take a basic from both the discard and/or my opponents hand. While they have a big bench then use Lost Cyclone on Palkia G X to send there precious cards away. The way that I set up my bench is 1 Garchomp C X, Palkia G X, and either Honchkrow or Lumineon (preferably Lumineon due to the free retreat). That way I can take cheap prize if necessary with three of my 4 pokemon that i have on the field.

Edit 1: -1-1 Honchkrow, +2 Uxie, -2 Flower Shop Girl, +1 Palmer, +1 Cyrus

Last edited:
i really like this idea however i think it fails on the consistency factor. I would definitely put in uxies and at least max out on either collector or conspiracy. Also since you stated that you wanted your bench to be palkia, garchomp and preferably lumineon i would change the honchkrow to 1-1 instead of your previous line. HOpe this helps!

So I can take out a 1-1 Honchkrow for 2 Uxie (If I ever get my hands on one or two) but what can I take out to put in one more Cyrus?

So after finally finding a league I decided to play this new deck of mine and it did pretty well for me. I want to know what everyone's suggestions of changes I should make to make this deck even better.

Pokemon: 19
2 Palkia G (PL)
1 Palkia G X (PL)
2 Garchomp C (SV)
2 Garchomp C X (SV)
3 Sableye (SF)
2 Murkrow (SV)
2 Honchkrow (SV)
1 Finneon (SF)
1 Lumineon (SF)
1 Crobat G (PL)
1 Azelf (LA)
1 Mesprit (LA)

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:28
2 Energy Gain
1 Bench Shield
3 Bebe's
2 SP Radar
2 Power Spray
3 Poke Turn
2 Pokemon Collector
1 Aaron's Collection
2 SSU
2 Switch
1 Luxury Ball
2 Judge
2 Flower Shop Girl
3 Cyrus's Conspiracy

Energy: 13
5 :dark:
3 :colorless::colorless:
5:water:

Nope: No 4 Poke Turn is suicide, as well as no 4 Cyrus. Cut 2 Flower Shop Girl and add 1 Palmer and 1 Cyrus. Then cut 1-1 Lumineon. Seriously, you only need Honchkrow for your strategy. Another 1-1 line is bad for consistency. With that space add 1 Poke Turn and 1 Professor Oak's New Theory. You need more draw power. Cut Switch and use Warp Point instead. Disrupts opponent bench more.
I don't like Judge here because you could end up messed up. I like Lookers or more PONT.

I've made the changes to the deck that everyone has suggested. I found out that yes 4 cyrus is good but without the Lumineon the flow of the deck disappeared. Taking out the Flower Shop actually helped cause I managed to grab the energy that i need that Flower Shop would never have gotten me (I had like 5 energy with no poke so I managed to get all of them back int he deck). I've switched the Judge with PONT but I've kept the switch as that Lumineon acts like a warp point pretty much.

Looks great for what you have.

I think I would cut back just a tad on Darkness energy for a fourth DCE and maybe some more trainers. The fourth Cyrus and/or Turn would just be godly for you. And maybe Warp Energy instead of Switch? Does anyone play Spiritomb or Vileplume where you are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back