Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Palkia: Spacial Rend Discussion

See the original post here

Counterpoint:

Primeape Great Encounters
FCC Whump 50
Primeape is now Confused. Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon can't attack during your opponent's next turn.

Not to be nitpicky, but does that mean that if you can't Confuse Primeape (think Holon Energy GL and basic Grass energy), you don't flip the coin for the rest of the attack? No, because they're in different sentences, and neither sentence refers to the other in any way.

There isn't a general rule I could see in the Compendium, nor from looking at the cards, since every card I looked at used either a single sentence with commas, a series of if/then statements, and/or referential statements to clarify the order of operations.

If the attack were written like this…
If there is any Stadium card in play, discard it. Search your deck for a Stadium card, show it to your opponent, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

…would the result be different?

Please discuss.

You complete as much of the attack as possible, from what I see, getting the stadium has nothing to do with discarding the stadium in the first place, and in your text it also does not. It doesn't say if you discarded a stadium. It's the same.

Back