Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Parking, lines and food at Nationals

Alusair1

My wife and I will be driving out to Nationals (first time going) and wondered about how difficult it might be to find parking during the convention, as well as how much it costs.

Looking at some of the places mentioned on the Origins website, it looks like we could expect to be paying around $25-30 since we will be there Thursday - Sunday. Would this be accurate for those of you who have been there before?

Seeing some posts about lines in the mornings for Origins, would it be wise for us to pick up our badges on Thursday when we get into Columbus, rather than Friday morning before we play in the Professor Cup?

Also, where is food allowed in the Convention Center, and how easy or difficult would it be to get back to our car if its in a nearby parking garage?
We plan to actually bring a lunch for Friday & Saturday (Sunday too, hopefully) and I wondered if it could be brought to the center or if we'd have to go back to the car during any lunch break.

Nat, great to hear that you are going!

OK, here is the skinny (like I can use that term)

Parking is pretty plentiful, but plan to park and stay for the day, there is plenty of food around.

There is 'eh' food at the convention, but one block from the convention center is a GREAT international food market with great food for every tastes, including the biggest deli sandwiches around!

There is also a world class chocolatier in there, chinese, indian, greek, you name it, you will find it there.

Take the walk to lunch, it will be wll worth it each and every day!

Pick up your badges if you can on Midday Thursday, the lines are usually pretty easy, getting longer towards the evening.

They allow food into the convention center, or at least they have never stopped me!

See you there!

Vince

Erased. Vince and I were posting at the same time, and he had better information, as ALWAYS.

Vince knows everything.

Last edited:
Last year I parked my car at the capital building and had a genius plot to get out of paying. The sign said if you lose your ticket, you must pay for a full day. I figured, after parking for 4 days, I'd just say I lost my ticket when I left and pay like $9 for 4 days of parking in the middle of the city; a monster deal. However, when I left on Sunday, there was a sign that said "Attendant not on duty, pay flat rate of $2." Nice! I paid $2 for four days of parking in the middle of the city. Can't be beat! The parking was right next to the Hyatt on Capital Square, so that's where I'd park if I were you guys staying there. You shouldn't have to commute if you're going during regular hours from nearby hotels, as they have a shuttle service that I used and enjoyed.

Question: where is the parking if you're staying at the trip winners' hotel?

Yeah i dont know parking but i will recommend one place that is second to none whne it comes to food.
All American Grill. Its open 24 hours from thursday morning to sunday night. The place has amazing burgers and great hotdogs. They have soda where you but a 32 oxz drink for $2.50 and its 50 cent refills all convention which is a life saver. Yes there is a deli next block from the center which has great food.

As for what food is allowed in the center,ANY!!!! There really is no restriction for what food is allowed as long as you clean up after yourself. I have seen poeple bring food into all areas of the center when they are on the run.

Also if you need to unwind after a long night there is a bar right across from the center which is small,quiet and has dartboards and a great music scene.

meganium45 said:
but one block from the convention center is a GREAT international food market with great food for every tastes, including the biggest deli sandwiches around!
Mmmmmm...... North Market.

The only fast food place that I remember from last year was a Wendy's 1 block from the Hyatt and Crown Plaza. I can't remember what is north and south , but it's on that side of the convention center. I saved alot of money by eating there compared to the convention prices. All you can eat $.99 burgers and frostys,etc...... Side note: CLOSED ON SUNDAYS:mad: I found out the hard way and had to walk back hungry.:lol:

Meg was right about the food court...great! HOWEVER...

Do not eat the food in the convention room, and don't eat any of the vendors' food directly outside the room. It will make you sick :frown:

Back