Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pbr!!!

PjSparkles

Anybody else go out and pick this game up yet?

I got it yesterday from Game Crazy, they had 5 extras outside of their preorder stock. Overall, I'd say its ok so far. I'm not absolutely stunned with the graphics (too much 360 lately?), but they are very nice to look at. I personally like the Seismic Toss attack, and fire attacks look pretty sweet. I wish they had updated the cries, but that's ok.

The Battle Pass system is really one of the things that stands out to me. The trainers aren't as customizable as I had hoped, but I haven't played it enough to find any cool secrets. The 1 player mode so far is a joke, but the more i play the more interesting it gets. I just wish the freagin' AI was a bit smarter.

But wifi is where its at. If you get past all the newbies putting out their all uber teams (And still not knowing how to use them, as I haven't lost to an all uber team yet), there are some fun battles to be had. But I still don't know how the rating system works... I haven't seen any sort of ranking system whatsoever. That's what I was most excited about too... but oh well.

Anyways, I have to play it more before I give it a final grade, but so far.... I give it a B-. Definitely not worth buying if you don't have wifi though.

No one here has the game. I will buy it mostly for the friends lobby and the fact that I thinkit's going to be MUCH easier to know when your friends are online (not to mention the fact that DP has limited friends slots).

I like Battle Revolution. Initially, I was a little sad - you show your Trainer card, your opponent shows his/hers (you don't necessarily play with all of the Pokemon) - playing 4v4, you won't use 2. It kind of becomes a meta-game thing then...do you think they're bringing 3 metal in, or just 1? (And with all of the Pokemon in the world now, it'd be next to impossible to come up with a metagame otherwise.)

In the end though, I think it was a good call.

How do you get 4v4 battles? All I've done so far are the 3v3s....
The 4v4 battles that he speaks of are double battles.

I don't have the game yet. I went to GameStop yesterday and they told me it came out today (despite the official release date of June 25th given by Nintendo), so I am about to head out and get it now.

I love the graphics. There are some cool little features - for example, when you do damage, the animation on the health bar varies depending on the type of attack used.
But yeah, pretty sweet game so far - I'm a tad disappointed that the selection of clothes is terrible at the beginning of the game, but I assume it'll expand as the game progresses.

I bought this game and I am oh so thankful that Nintendo finally reverted to a stadium type game. So far my only complaints are the limited clothes and the pathetic AI.

I immensely dislike Neon Colosseum. The opponents all have bad teams, and if they get your Pokemon and you get their's, you don't stand much of a chance.

My friend has a problem with his wifi system and when he tries to connect to the nintendo wifi it says ""There are pokemon that cannot enter this battle set to the battle pass" Can anyone explain to me what that means exactly :confused:

I started the PBR when i got it. It's ok, i wouldn't say it's Great, but it's fine to mess around with and see them in 3-D. Hopefully i'll check out the Wi-Fi after i get a balanced Team.

You can set the rules on how many Pokemon you want to use, which rules you want to allow or dis allow etc etc. I will post later how to do it, when I get done working...

My friend has a problem with his wifi system and when he tries to connect to the nintendo wifi it says ""There are pokemon that cannot enter this battle set to the battle pass" Can anyone explain to me what that means exactly :confused:

They are either hacked or the rules you have set are dis-allowing them...

Last edited:
I thought one was hacked, but i checked and it can learn the move. I hope your right, i'd hate to battle pokemon that have moves they can't normally learn. Breeding moves into them, is one thing. But moves that can't be taught to them in any form or fashion, is another.

Well, my Question is:

Can you transfer Pokemon fromt BR to D/P? I've read a couple of reports saying u can, nut none have confirmed it yet.

Well, my Question is:

Can you transfer Pokemon fromt BR to D/P? I've read a couple of reports saying u can, nut none have confirmed it yet.

You can get a few Pokemon upon completing certain tasks (The known ones are Pikachu, Electivire, and Magmortar) that you can transfer to DP.

I am getting a Wii next Wiik, and I am thinking about getting this. Hopefully I will like it, as I have been looking forward to getting the game for a while now.

Back