Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Philly Report with the best deck in the room.

Nugget_

Report.
9 rounds top 32 Playing Darkrai/Terrakion/Mewtwo/HoOh
Round 1: Mike Fouchet w/ Darkrai/Terrakion/Roserade
I go first, start double terrakion, attach an eviolite and a dark to the active and play n. He gets a t1 junk hunt, ensuring the t2 night spear. I attach a dark to my benched terrakion, get a dark patch to my darkrai, play a supporter etc. He plays his supporter, and night spears. So there's now 70 on my active terrakion(with eviolite, and thirty on my benched terrakion. I go and attach an eviolite to my darkrai and dark patch to it, then attach a fighting to my terrakion making it have 30 damage and a fighting and a dark. I believe I junk hunt this turn, but not sure. He draws plays a catcher and lays down a pluspower, completely surprising me. So he gets a ko on my terrakion and places ten on my eviolited darkrai. I scramble to get the fighting to retaliate, after playing a supporter etc. I get it, retaliate the Darkrai for two prizes. He goes and does another night spear to ko my terrakion, after an energy switch or two. My darkrai now has 20 on it from 2 night spears( eviolite). I promote sableye and get a night spear with a catcher iirc to ko something and put thirty on something(sableye?), he goes and roserades, benches a terrakion, retreat energy switch fighting retaliate. I go and catcher his roserade and use junk hunt in an attempt to stay in the game, but he has the energy switch to retreat and the catcher for game. I made a misplay along the way iirc, but he outplayed me in the end. I also believed I flipped tails on a HoOh to stay in the game but I don't recall.
0-1

Round 2: Joel C(?) w/ Darkrai/Hydreigon
I go first and attach to terrakion, and things. He goes and attaches to darkrai, and benches a Deino. I go and fighting energy play a supporter and catcher retaliate to ko the Deino. He benches two this time, and junk hunts iirc. I go and ultra ball discard a lightning and a dark to find HoOh, and then juniper. I retaliate for 30 on his sableye after flipping tails on rebirth. He evolves to zweillous and uses Night Spear with his eviolited darkrai. I go use tool scrapper getting rid of his eviolite, and get a dark patch retreat energy switch to night spear and put 30 on his Deino I believe. He goes and catcher night spear on my terrakion I believe, and puts 30 on the other one. I think he dark trances and max potioned, but idk. I do my thing, and night spear his darkrai(that he either max potioned or retreated and tranced to) and take a ko on his Deino. I'm at 4 prizes and yeah. He KOs me and I decide to save my terrakion for his Darkrai, and flip heads on rebirth and attach a psychic to make it 4 different energy and ko his Darkrsi, and he benches a shaymin and doesn't N! I catcher for game.
1-1

Round 3:Megan w/ Rayquaza Eels

I go second and she opens Raikou to my double terrakion. She attaches and passes, I go and attach, ultra Ball to put darks in the discard, and find a Darkrai and bench it. She N's, and I get a catcher retaliate ko on her tynamo. She goes and uses Dragon Pulse(Shiny Rays attack), and I land crush it. She gets an Eel up and attacks with pulse again. I go and catcher Land Crush the Raikou. She goes Dynamotor to Rayquaza Ex, and switch fire energy dragon burst to ko me. I night spear and ko her Shiny Ray, she draw retreat Dynamotor pass. I might spear to ko her sacrifice and put 30 on an eel. She does her thing and I end up catcher land crushing her Raikou for game.
2-1

Round 4: Ray Rufu w/ HoOh/Terrakion/Virizion

He goes first and has a good start ultra ball discarding 2 energy and grabbing terrakion. He Cheren's and double draws. I get an energy on a Darkrai and a Sableye and use junk hunt. He attaches to terrakion and Double Draws. I get a night spear with a catcher on his terrakion putting thirty on his other terrakion I believe. He doesn't get through the eviolite, and just hits me for 40 with retaliate after flipping heads on rebirth. I ko him while flipping heads on rebirth to buffer vs his retaliating terrakion. He retaliates, and I ko him with rainbow burn. He ho ohs me back and I Night Spear it and put thirty on mewtwo. He hits me for 60, through eviolite. He hits me for 60 again, and I Night Spear for the ko and 30 on Virizion. He mewtwos me so I mewtwo him. And he's left with a Virizion, and I have a HoOh waiting.
3-1

Round 5 vs ???
Forgot win

Round 6: Guy Bennett w Garbodor/Terrakion/Mewtwo.
I get a strong start but realize ho oh is prized in such a important matchup. I could buffer vs terrakions and mewtwo his mewtwos and darkrai his trubbishes. But it doesn't work that way. I try and slow his setup, with sableye and catchers, but he gets a t3 land crush losing my sableye, and I discarded one earlier. So I am forced to terrakion his terrakions, but I'm forced to play down darkrais, because I need to dark patch energy switch, but that just gives him free prizes. He gets a rescue scarf on Mewtwo, and attaches to another terrakion and he land crushes. I attach to my terrakion and patch to darkrai, and land crush ko him. He retaliates me for the ko. At the end of the game, I N, night spear ko and he hits the fighting for game winning retaliate.

Round 7: ??? With Rayeels
The matchup simply goes my way. He has to use electric ball to stay in the game.

Round 8: Spencer w/ Rayeels
I go first and god start. I get double dark patch onto darkrai, junk hunting, with a terrakion with eviolite on the bench. He goes and has to use thunder wave to prevent me from running him over. He hits heads for the next couple turns, I believe it was 4 turns. 3 with tynamo 1 with Raikou, so my sableye Is at 60, when he double whiffs on victory star. I start going ham, but he's moderately set up, so it's harder. I end up dismantling his eels, but he makes it close in time, and I need a catcher to win, after he N's me. I get a Bianca and a fighting energy. I play the fighting onto my mewtwo, making it 2 energy and he has a victini with 30 on it, so I need to hit a catcher. I have a Darkrsi active with a dark, so I can retreat. Just need a catcher. I Bianca, and I hit

Juniper
N
N
Dark
Psychic
Pause deliberately
Catcher
GG
6-2
Round 9: Louis Peterson w/ Darkrai/Terrakion/Hammers
He goes first and gets the first junk hunt, I go and attach a psychic to terrakion and pass. He hammers it, and junk hunts. I ultra ball discard fighting and a dark, to find HoOh and juniper. I get the dark and the darkrai to retreat but flip tails on rebirth for the next four turns to not be able to take the lead. We get into a terrakion war, but he comes out on top, and has his last catcher for the last two prizes. :/
6-3 whiff

Deck flew well, was consistent, had no bad matchups, felt like the best deck in the room, but it happens.

List.

3 darkrai
3 terrakion
2 mewtwo
2 sableye
1 HoOh
=11

4 catcher
4 ultra ball
4 dark patch
4 energy switch
4 juniper
4 n
3 Bianca
3 receiver
2 eviolite
2 tool scrapper
=34

9 dark
4 fighting
1 psychic(to bluff PsyDrive)
1 lightning(to bluff shiny ray)
=15

HoOh was super clutch, it beats shaymin sweeps, beats terrakion based decks if its eviolited, helps in the mirror, added consistency, acted as a pseudo dark patch for both fighting and dark. It was nuts.

Back