Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Phione MD double evolution

faimaster

Hi guys. I'm a pokèmon professor from Argentina. I had a doubt that came to my head after nats here: let's say I'm playing with an Empoleon based deck and right now I have an active Phione (Evo Wish). It's my second turn of the match and I had Phione as my starter and one Piplup on my bench. I play Prinplup on my benched Piplup. Here's the question: Can I use "evolution wish", look for Empoleon and evolve my recently evolved Prinplup? I thought that it was illegal since Evolution Wish says "this counts as evolving that pokèmon". My friends say that it is legal. So: Is it legal or not? Thanks for your time.
My name's Fede, by the way.

It's legal.
When you use an effect from an attack (or a power or a Trainer/Supporter) to evolve, it doesn't have to obey the timing rules.
When it says it counts as evolving, it means that it has the same effect as evolving: It gets rid of Special Conditions and other effects and you can't evolve again (normally) that Pokemon for the rest of the turn.
Of course, the turn ends immediately after you evolve, so that doesn't matter in this case.

Back