Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Phione, this time for real ;)

rhodesia123

phione revealed
displayimage.php

i dont think we need a new thread every time a single card's image is released :p

[edit: i beg to differ ;) let's keep each card's discussion separate, kthxbai :) thanks to the norwegian pokemon site for the image]

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent, I'm glad to see it finally come out. I suspect it will see a lot of play, especially in :fire::grass::water:eeveelution decks:lightning:psychic::dark:

Excellent, I'm glad to see it finally come out. I suspect it will see a lot of play, especially in :fire::grass::water:eeveelution decks:lightning:psychic::dark:

Of course it will =]
T1 Leafeon FTW?
Thanks rhodesia for the scan =]

Hm. 18 holo cards from DP5... some can be likely....

Notice that Glaceon is 5 and Phione is 12.
Five confirmed cards to be from my knowledge that can fit the space: Kabutops, Leafeon, Manaphy, Mewtwo, Palkia.

If Leafeon will be #8, then Ill be stroked that Kingra will be in it.... Tehehehe....

Cards before Gla.
1. Deoxys
2. Dragonite
3. Frolass
4. Giratina

Possible cards from DP5 between Gla and Phi.

5. Gliscor (maybe.)
6. Heatran R (VERY UNLIKELY)
7. Heatran M (VERY UNLIKELY)
8. Kingdra (oh please god, let this card in and it will be phearsome :D)
9. Luxray (not likely since there is only 2 evolution lines in DP5, other being Lanturn)
10. Mamoswine (maybe.)
11. Metagross (not likely, since it likes to be with legends.)

Cards after Phi.
12. Phobopass
13. Politoed
14. Rayquaza
15. Regigigas
16. Regigigas 2
17. Spiritomb
18. Yanmega

Epic fail.

As posted BEFORE Phione info was released:

1. Bronzong
2. Cherrim
3. Darkrai
4. Dialga
5. Glaceon
6. Kabutops
7. Leafeon
8. Luxray
9. Manaphy
10. Mewtwo
11. Palkia
12. Phione
13. Raichu
14. Aerodactyl
15. Articuno
16. Cresselia
17. Dusknoir
18. Empoleon
19. Espeon
20. Flareon
21. Glaceon
22. Infernape
23. Jolteon
24. Leafeon
25. Lucario
26. Manectric
27. Moltres
28. Omastar
29. Scizor
30. Torterra
31. Toxicroak
32. Umbreon
33. Vaporeon
34. Zapdos

Important: I said "Epic Fail" because that's what Jason said about one of my lists (which did epically fail), so let's stop now we've each had our "epic fail" comment and stay positive. OK? :D

Hm... I have some weird feeling that the birds MIGHT be holos. Therefore...

1. Articuno
2. Cresselia (promo)
3. Darkrai (Players promo)
4. Dialga (Players promo)
5. Glaceon (confirmed)
6. Kabutops
7. Leafeon
8. Manaphy (players promo)
9. Mewtwo
10. Moltres
11. Palkia (Players promo)
12. Phione (confirmed)
13. Zapdos
14. Aerodactyl
15. Bronzong
16. Carnivine/Driftblim reprint...
17. Empoleon
18. Espeon
19. Flareon
20. Glaceon
21. Hippowndon
22. Inferape (confirmed)

There is only one Cresselia artwork, so if it was in as a holo it would be two sets in a row with an identical holo card. Which is sort of weird. I also consider Mothim as a red herring; an exception to the rule. I think every other holo promo will become a holo (ie. Bronzong, Cherrim and such).

Either holo birds or holo japanese promos are as good guesses as each other I think. Hmm....

But I don't think things will be holo just because they are cool-looking or desirable such as the birds. All sorts of silliness like Tangrowth and Lickilicklicki get holos.

No no. There is a different Cresselia with crappy attacks that will be a holo.... that was released alongside with an Eevee at a japanese toy store shopping spree event.

My EEVEE Deck idea just keeps getting better and better.
This card is gonna be the I gotta get this for my deck card at the pre-release.

For those of you who are putting together possible MD set lists, here are some data for your consideration.

The ratio of Star Holos to Total Cards in Set (excluding the box toppers) is 13.89%.
The STDDEV of these same data is 2.02%.

So, given MD has 100 cards (not counting secret rares), we can expect 14 +/- 2 Star Holos in this set.

Knowing that Glaceon is 5 and Phione is 12, there just might be room for the legendary birds......

Have fun!

Oh wow I passed that card 5 times and I just thought it was the same. Yes, this certainly does change things.

Rardom fact: both Cresselias are a lower level than any Cresselia in the DS game is possible of being.

Last edited:
Its the Pokemon everybody has been waiting for. Evolving twice a turn (or more) OR even T1 can make any battle go your way.

Back