Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Phoenix Games Leicester BR - 10th October

Donezator

Phoenix Games Leicester BR - 10th October

Hi guys, this was my first premier event of the season so I was looking for some points LOl. I had been set on Gyarados until the night before, when I decided to throw together KingNoir with a few techs to counter flygon lock and Garchomp (Both of which are big in my area). We got there... And my brother had left his deck at home :( Fourtunatley, someone had a spare GeChamp deck to lend him so he played with that during the day; bagging him a 3-1. Anyways, here's my report:

Round 1 vs Deon Downs (Flygon/Luxray GL lock)

Both games I got out turn 1 Kingdra's and early game Dusknoir's to hammer him hard. I KO'ed a charged Luxray early, so it was hard for him to recover from there in. GG

1/0

Round 2 vs Ben Pollock (AKA Piplup xD) w/ Weavile/Garchomp

My arch enemy LOlz.

First game was very close, going down to the last prize cards. However, a lucky top deck got me a fresh kingdra and just gave me the win. Second game was a lot less close, however. I got 2 very early Kingdras and from there on in used Crobat G's wisely to get 2HKO's on his 'chomps. GG dude - I really enjoy playing Piplup as he is a good sportsman and has some nice rogue deck ideas ;)

2/0

Round 3 vs Richard Owens w/ Galactic Toolbox

I don't remember much on this, despite the fact that I wouldn't let him have a Claydol both games because of 'Noir. He was drawing dead and didn't get much 1st and 3rd game. I scooped 2nd game because of a HORRIFIC start (Something like 1 Unown G, 3 Water Energies, 1 Multi Enrgy and 2 BTS :-/). GG

3/0

Round 4 vs Aydenn Wardle w/ KingNoir (Mirror)

Our lists were almost identical, so the game was very close. I don't remember much apart from exchanging prize cards throughout the game. I won by bout 2 prize cards first game, then scooped second because of a horrifc hand (See round 3... My hand was almost identical). However, 3rd game I pulled ahead quite fast and won quite easily (He had 4 prize cards left when I had 1) GG dude :)

4/0 - Yey :D

A great start to the new season - a 4/0 victory at a BR! Prizes are given out, and I get the luckiest pulls ever - Blazikein FB LVX and Staraptor FB LVX (out of 4 packs :O). I also get to catch up with some people I haven't saw in a while (Freddy K :p). Thanks for reading guys! If anyones interested, I will share list via PM.

Props:

Winning :p
KingNoir not failing me after 2 seasons of work.
Meeting back up with Freddy. K.
Getting about 7 needed Lv X's during the day.

Slops:

Brother forgetting deck.
People having to go early :(
Having to wait for the longest sudden death ever - The went on for about an hour :-/ Lol.

Donezator :)

Back