Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

pichaque's national championship report.

pichaque

Ok so i get little sleep from the day before. I wake up like 4 hours later. I take a shower, make sure I bring everything and I get into the car and my dad drives me there. Stupid highway had some construction on it so I got there a whole hour later. As soon as I get there I register and I GOT A FREE T-SHIRT LIKE OMG. Too bad it wasn't my colour.

So I get there at meet Jay(72), and everyone else from my league and we filled out our decklists checked everything out. And later we met Pokekid and his bro. Soon after Round 1 Started. Oh yah I was played a Lanturn/Rhydon/Magcargo deck.

Round 1 vs Christa. RockLock

This round ****** me off so much. Both good starts. I don't remember much except for the damn ending! 1-1 Prizes. Battle Frontier is in my prizes which, if i had, would've won me the match. I sent up Dunsparce with an energy, Sudden Flash, heads! Now D. Amphy is 10 away from being knocked out. Things were looking good. Her turn. Pidgeot (which wouldve been stopped if my Battle Frontier was not in my prizes), Quick Search. HEAL ENERGY for the kill. I hated that..

0-1

Round 2 vs ??? Monarchy

Monarchy gives me the most trouble. But he played Ninjask with it? I attacked him early on and got at least 4 prizes because of Lanturn. Then when its like 1-2 prizes me, he sends up a Ninjask...which is weak to my Lanturn....so i'm like ok weakness ur dead.

1-1

Round 3 vs Ricky F. - Dragtrode

I was proud of my hand this game. Dunsparce, Energy, Crystal Shard, Lanturn, Swoop, DRE. Perfect! SARs, switch, Swoop for Chinchou, Lanturn, DRE, Crystal Shard and knock out the Draggy with 4 Dark on it and then he had an energy shortage and later on it was game.

2-1

Round 4 vs ??? Dragtrode

Okay another Dragtrode. This time i didnt get a very godly start, but I managed to Swoop for Dunsparce, and Swoop again for a Chinchou. Slap down Battle Frontier (and luckily he wasn't running any Stadiums), and Knock out his Draggy with all the Darks, and then ENERGY SHORTAGE XD. Unless he knocks out my Lanturn (which he couldnt cuz of having barely enough energys), then KO, KO, KO, GG.

3-1

Round 5 vs Katrina B. - Ludicargo

Aw crap. The deck that I highly dispise. Well. Fair hand. Dunsparce, SARs. But damn that Ludicolo. I couldn't setup another Lanturn in time because of it's attack. I didn't wanna get any more benched Pokemon so that my Lanturn would live a turn longer..so i knock out Ludicolo and she sends up another one and go Magcargo! Yeah its weak, but its my last Pokemon. Unfortunately my prizes are the remaining of my Basics and couldnt pull one in time (damn draw cards where are you!). Yeah I lose cuz i ran out of Benched Pokemon. So I lost to a girl and my friends poke fun at that....but at least i lost to a girl who could play good (and whos pretty hott too XD lmao). GG.

3-2

K and thus ends the rounds of Swiss Pairings. 11-14 got cut to top8 over top16 because of the attendance. I am in doubt that i will make it to top8, but I do (and surprisingly Landon didn't). I'm either 7/8 I'm not sure because I faced the 2nd rank guy, but it would make sense becasue me and the guy who was posted ahead of me had the exact same percentage and record and whatever.

TOP8 vs Bryan C. - Dragtrode

GAME1:

K well Dragtrode...i beat 2 today already, i was sure I could beat this. Then again I rethink and realize it's Bryan Cresswell. Pretty good start. I knock out it's Draggy, and play Battle Frontier. He gets screwed becasue he cant manage to pull any of his countergyms. When he finally does get his stadium, its completely pwnage for him.

0-1

GAME2:

Crap start....for him! No basics and i'm glad. I drew a Fighting Energy. No basics again. I drew a Dunsparce! I got first, switch my Chinchou with Dunsparce and attach and Strike and Run. Eventually he powers up his Rocket's Sneasel ex and just when i think i knock it out i realize i forget to play a stupid gym, which i couldve Smooth Overed for. Then next turn he knocks out Lanturn, Slugma goes up. I would've made a comeback. Scramble was in my PRIZES @#%*&^@!!! Swoop, Lanturn in my hand. AHH! Knocks out my last basic and take his last prize. GG.

0-2

So I didn't win. Then again it's very good for my first non-Pre-Release. (City Championships don't count XP). That's okay I had fun, met new people, and walked away with 16 packs.

----

Props:

- Pokekid gets a passed down Worlds Invite!
- I make T8
- Met lots of people
- Represented Team 'Sauga nicely
- Jay and Jasonn making T16 in 15+
- I walk away with 16 boosters

Slops:

- Prizes are *** (damn Scramble/Battle Frontier)
- Heal Energies are ***
- A miscalculation making Katrina lose her 3rd place trophy to Bryan Cresswell :frown: . (She should've gotten it because Bryan beat me :mad: )
- Half of Team 'Sauga couldn't even make it to the top.
- Getting crap in my boosters (Cept for Manectric ex and Rare Candy)
- Americans won the Canadian Nationals!

GL to the Barth's, Cresswell's, and Pokekid at Worlds! Represent Canada well! Who knows, maybe i'll end up hitting the Grinder.

Last edited:
Hey Pichaque,

Nice report, too bad you didn't get a trip outta it from other kids who pass down theirs (like pokekid ). GJ to team sauga and their ranks, they are pretty cool. I don't really know who beat who in terms of the corphish clan and team canada.........*i'll just say katrina did the best * Yup, better luck next year and thanks for your sympathy toward katrina ..... she is still pretty bummed out from the "incident" that happened today...... Anywho, nice report and nice finally meeting you :)

Spencer

Hey thanks. As for Team Corphish and Team Canada....I wasn't really paying attention to who beat who, but yah GJ to Katrina. I still think she should've gotten the trophy. Like hasn't Bryan won enough yet jeez! (Cities, Provincials, Gym Challenge, and 3rd<--should be 4th at Nationals). Come on! Worst part is he knocked me out and ruined my chance. Ah well. It just pisses me off im the only one in top8 who didn't get a trip. Though, even if i did get a passed down trip, it wouldn't be the same feeling as winning and actually earning it. Oh well. Better luck next year.

Good Luck to you and your family @ Worlds.

Nice Report Pichaque, who would of thought you
would of played Lanturn/ Rhydon as it was posted
in the Deck Forum =P, lol.

" - A miscalculation making Katrina lose her 3rd place trophy to Bryan Cresswell
frown.gif
. (She should've gotten it because Bryan beat me
mad.gif
)"
fyi, whoever was highest seed going into T8 would get 3rd place over 4th...Bryan was 2nd seed, Katrina was 3rd seed...either way gj

Yah I knew that...I was just supporting Katrina since Bryan knocked me out, but GJ to both of them and thanks.

yea GJ and t8...better than i did lol 3-3 makes me sad...o well its 3-3 with GARDY lol

its a shame we didn't meet at nats...theres always next year...( i had the signs and everything lol)

FYI u finished 8th seed if you didn't get the trip..and if you had the same % then you came 8th cause of alphabetcle order....enless they did something else.....

GJ and c yea later...

Back