Pikachu

ShuckleLVX

Pikachu
HP:50
Basic

[.] Weak Jolt: 0
Attach an energy card from your discard pile to Pikachu

[L][L][C] Arc Lightning: 30
You may have this attack do 20 damage to Pikachu. If you do, you may do 20 damamge to one of your opponents benched pokemon. You may repeat this effect as often as you like, until Pikachu is knocked out.

Weakness
Fighting +10

Resistance
Metal -20

Retreat Cost

Weak Jolt specifies "0" damage, as opposed to having no damage listed. This allows Plus Powers to function on the attack, as well as weakness. A weak jolt, to a water pokemon, isnt so weak is it?

Last edited:
Weak Jolt specifies "0" damage, as opposed to having no damage listed. This allows Plus Powers to function on the attack, as well as weakness. A weak jolt, to a water pokemon, isnt so weak is it?
PlusPower does 10 additonal, so it still would do something. And Pikachu's second attack just needs "you may use this effect as many times as you want" added to the effect.

Yeah, thats the point of it having "0" listed. Attacks that have no damage recieve no bonus from a pluspower, because there is no base damage. Having a base damage of 0 allows for that. And the effect is already there on the 2nd attack...

A base damage of 0 is the same thing as having an attack that does no damage.

I think what you want to do is list the damage as 10. Then say "This attack's damage is reduced by 10 (after applying weakness and resistance)"

That'll give it a base damage, but no real damage without any modifiers.

Anyways, no Metal Resistance?

no where has a card HAD a posted damage of 0 as far as i know, every attack that does no damage has no listed damage. What you suggest would have the same effect, but i believe its overkill. Also, ammusingly enough, any Unown G's or Holon W/P's would actualy INCREASE the damage the defending pokemon takes with your wording, as the damage reduction would be an effect of the attack ^_-

As for the metal resistance, Touche' ^_^

Back