Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pikamaster's Reigion Wars (Pokemon Wifi Tournament) Prodigiosus wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikamaster

Pikamaster’s Region Wars Tournament​

Hey everyone, Pikamaster (or Fear The Pika as some of you may know me). As the title indicates, this is a format that I thoroughly enjoy, but haven’t seen too often.

Region Wars means that you may chose one region and use almost any Pokémon that premiered in that region, but only that region. In example, if I were to chose Kanto as my region, I might have a team with Pikachu, Snorlax, Aerodactyl, Zapdos, Jolteon and Vaporeon.
But it’s a lot of fun, and I hope for everyone who plays in this tournament enjoys it as much as I do.

Format and Sign-up information:

Sign-ups will start today, July 31st and end on August 10th at 11:59 PM (EST). This will be a Level 100 (Use the auto-level up feature on Wifi) 6v6 Singles, and the rounds will be single elimination (Names out of a hat).

Rules:

~When you post to sign up for this tournament, post which region (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh) that you chose, or edit it in before the tournament starts. You may switch your team around after every round, but you may not switch which region your Pokémon come from.

~No hacked Pokémon, no exceptions.

~It should go without saying, but ALL of your Pokémon must come from the same region. Any questions about which region a certain Pokémon comes from, ask here.

~No duplicate Pokémon

~The OHKO clause is in effect (1HKO moves like Horn Drill are banned)

~The Sleep Clause is in effect (You may not put more than one of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep. However, if they put one of their own Pokemon to sleep, it doesn't count towards the one that you may do.)

~The Evasion Clause is in effect (Evasion raising moves and items are banned. Abilities are not.)

~If you are disconnected in the first few turns of the game, re-create the battle, repeating your actions up to the point of the DC. If one player is going to lose and a DC happens, the player who was winning will get the win. I will be the final judge of all DC cases, my word is final. You may present your case to me through PMs, but when I say it's over, it's over. IF A DC HAPPENS, BOTH PLAYERS MUST PRESENT ALL THE FACT AND REMAINING POKEMON ON BOTH SIDES TO ME.

Ban list:

~ Arceus, Darkrai, Deoxys, Dialga, Garchomp, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Latias, Latios, Lugia, Manaphy, Mew, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquazza, Salamence, Wobbufett and Wynaut are banned.

~Bright Powder, Focus Band, King’s Rock, Lax Incense, Quick Claw, Razor Claw, Razor Fang, Scope Lens and Stick are banned.

~The moves Minimize, Double Team, Acupressure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold and Fissure are banned.

Prizes:

First place will receive first choice to receive one of the Pokemon listed.
Second place
gets pick number two of the remaining three.
Third place gets to pick one of the remaining two.
Fourth place gets whatever is left.

Note: Mew and Lugia were RNGd for IVs/Shininess, Pichu was RNGd for Shininess alone and Shaymin wasn't RNGd at all. Do NOT ask how to RNG on this thread.
Also, post your Friend code here, I want to have them all in this post so people don't have to go searching the thread for them.

Shiny Mew
Jolly – Synchronize
IVs: 25/24/28/30/28/30
Caught in a Dive Ball
Available with: 252 Hp 38 SpD 220 Speed @Leftovers

~ Hypnosis
~ Will-o-Wisp/Toxic/T-Wave
~ U-Turn
~ Softboiled

Shiny Lugia
Nature: Bold
Ability: Pressure
IVs: 24-5-27-31-24-28

Shaymin
Toys R Us event
Nature: Modest
Ability: Natural Cure
23/29/26/28/29/29
Comes at lv 50 UT
Moves: Seed Flare, Aromatherapy, Substitute, Energy Ball

Shiny Pichu
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 15/31/30/x/27/31
Egg Moves: Encore/Fake Out/Volt Tackle/ Reversal

Sign-up List
[DEL]
1.pmg24 FC:3996 7258 4091 (Johto)[/DEL]
2.Tildarus FC: 2407-9696-9645 (Kanto)
3. Mystic_Vaporeon FC:2966 1952 5526 (Johto)
4. Benzo FC:2321-8527-8857 (Kanto)
5. Prodigiosus FC: (Sinnoh)
[DEL]6. richkid50000 FC:1720-7335-9295 (Sinnoh)
7. [DEL]Fattonyjr [/DEL]FC:0818-6301-7713 (Sinnoh)[/DEL]
8. [DEL]Vaporeon FC: 2021 2127 8142 (Kanto)[/DEL]
[DEL]9. xNoahx FC:5371 1412 2920 (Sinnoh)[/DEL]
10. [DEL]Umakeitso FC: 0174 3484 3958 (Sinnoh)
[/DEL]

Round 1 Pairings

Mystic_Vaporeon WINVS FattonyjrLOSS

Umakeitso WINVS richkid50000LOSS

BenzoWIN VS xNoahx Loss

VaporeonWIN VS ProdigiosusLOSS

pmg24Loss VS Tildarus WIN

Round One deadline: August 18th, 11:59 PM (EST)

Round Two Pairings
Tilardus (1-0) LOSSVS Mystic_Vaporeon WIN(1-0)

Benzo (1-0) WINVS Vaporeon LOSS(1-0)

PMG24 (0-1)LOSS ELIMINATED VS Fattonyjr LOSS ELIMINATED(0-1)

xNoahx (0-1)LOSS ELIMINATED VS Umakeitso WIN(1-0)

Richkid (0-1) LOSS ELIMINATEDVS Prodigiosus WIN (0-1)

Round Two Deadline: August 22nd, 11:59 PM (EST)

Round Three Pairings

Benzo (2-0) WINVS Mystic_Vaporeon (2-0) LOSS

Umakeitso (2-0)LOSS VS Tilardus (1-1) WIN

Vaporeon (1-1) LOSS ELIMINATEDVS Prodigiosus (1-1) WIN

Round Three Deadline: August 28th, 11:59 PM (EST)

Round Four Pairings

Benzo WIN (3-0) VS Prodigiosus (2-1)WIN

Tilardus (2-1) VS BYE

Mystic_Vaporeon (2-1) WIN VS Umakeitso LOSS ELMINATED (2-1)

Round Four Deadline: September 4th, 11:59 PM (EST)

Round Five Pairings

Benzo LOSS VS Tilardus WIN

Mystic_Vaporeon VS Prodigiosus

So battles will be best 2/3, and you are allowed to change Pokemon (not regions) between matches. The winners will proceed to face off for first while the losers will do the same for third and fourth.

Round Five Deadline: Monday, September 12th, 11:59 PM (EST)

Well, that’s just about it, good luck and have fun everyone!

Last edited:
Hmm. I guess I'll join once sign-ups start, but my mom has to change the password of the network to a 5 letter password so I can connect. By the way, can we use any game we want?

I will join for the Kanto region! I already have a team ready from a region war tournament from another site =D

So put me down!

And I believe I am going to be battling you for the level 1 tournament pikamaster =)

My FC is..

2407-9696-9645

Last edited:
Yes, any game you want, but I think that HG/SS has trouble with D/P if there are HG/SS exclusive balls being used. Also, post your FCs please.

Okay good, cause I lost my SoulSilver and I'm getting a new one on my birthday. And my pokemon will be Johto. Here's my platinum FC: 3996 7258 4091

My friend code is: 2966 1952 5526

---------- Post added 08/01/2010 at 10:25 AM ----------

"Region Wars means that you may chose one region and use almost any Pokémon that premiered in that region, but only that region. In example, if I were to chose Kanto as my region, I might have a team with Pikachu, Snorlax, Aerodactyl, Zapdos, Jolteon and Vaporeon."

Does that mean that if someone for instance what using Sinnoh they could use all the Pokemon that appear in it from Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn? Because that seems rather unfair to me. What I think you mean, unless I'm wrong, is that you can only use the newly added Pokemon and not the old ones before them.

My friend code is: 2966 1952 5526

---------- Post added 08/01/2010 at 10:25 AM ----------

"Region Wars means that you may chose one region and use almost any Pokémon that premiered in that region, but only that region. In example, if I were to chose Kanto as my region, I might have a team with Pikachu, Snorlax, Aerodactyl, Zapdos, Jolteon and Vaporeon."

Does that mean that if someone for instance what using Sinnoh they could use all the Pokemon that appear in it from Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn? Because that seems rather unfair to me. What I think you mean, unless I'm wrong, is that you can only use the newly added Pokemon and not the old ones before them.

If you choose Sinnoh, you can only use the pokedex from Turtwig to Arceus.

If you choose Sinnoh, you can only use the pokedex from Turtwig to Arceus.

This is correct. Serebii's Pokedex actually has the Pokemon divided into what this is, so you can go there. (FRLG is Kanto, HGSS is Johto, RSE is Hoenn and DP is Sinnoh. So when finding which region a Pokemon comes from, it's really easy to go there if you aren't sure.

kk- I will be using the Kanto to represent the old school days.

Eight people in two days, not bad. If I don't get 16 people to make it four rounds, I'll probably do double elimination, still doing names out of a hat, but pairing those who have the same record.

Lol that's what I thought. Just making sure.
I am trying to construct a team at the moment. I'm not sure who to use yet though lol. Are they lv. 50? 100 battles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back