Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pinata Shenanigans. AZ br report. 9/20 w/list, pics, and vid.

piñata

Sat.

I was testing with Piggy, Justin, and Robert from Chobo and I was still trying to find a deck. When it was about time to leave the card shop Piggy and I decided to stay at Justin's house so we can work on our decks and our new tradition: The Pinata.

Sun.

The day of the tournament i woke up and took a shower and Piggy, Justin, and I headed to Gamers Inn early so i can find a deck. We get there and are the first.:frown: So I start to look through my cards and I wanted to play Torterra or Dialga, but then I decided to build Beedrill whilethe rest of Chobo went with Flygon/Weavile, Flygon/Machamp, Kingdra, and Uxie Donk. Five rounds with top four.

My list:
2 Beedrill GE
2 Beedrill RR
1 Kakuna GE
3 Kakuna RR
4 Weedle GE
3 Claydol GE
2 Baltoy GE
2 Unown G
1 Dusknoir DP
1 Duskull SH2
1 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
1 Chatot MD
4 Grass
3 Multi
4 Roseannes
4 Bebes
2 Cynthias
4 Super Scoop Up
4 Rare Candy
3 Broken Time-Space
3 Poke Radar
3 Night Maintenance
1 Warp Point
1 Luxury Ball

Round 1: Dustin(Chobo) w/ Uxie Donk

I knew that if I go first I lose and what do you know? I go first with a lone chatot.:nonono: I draw a weedle play it down and mimic for five. He goes through half his deck and gets the damage he needs and knocks me out and benches me. Good game Dustin. I laughed alot.:thumb:

0-1

Round 2: Nikko w/ GeChamp

After the round one loss to Dustin I knew I had to win out. When I sat down I pretty much knew that I would win; not to sound conceded but most of Airzona is a lower level than the team. I get a baltoy start with radar, roseannes, claydol, beedrill RR, and kakuna in my hand. He passed with a ghastly on the bench and crobat active, no energy or supporters. I draw a candy and get three beedrills out and claydol. I band attack for the rest of the game and he never gets anything going. one key play is me psychic restoring his gengar to avoid fainting spell. Not really much of a game and he was reallyangery at his deck it was kind of funny.

1-1

Round 3: Robert(Chobo) w/ Flygon/Machamp

I was confident i could win out in the losers bracket until i was put against Robert. It sucks playing team members, but thats what I get for having the best players in the state on the team. lol. This game was really hard I got a slower start than him and he was relying on uppers and hhiding behind chatot. I was forced to knockout chatot and he started taking control of the game. It was a long and close game he has two prizes and I have one prize left and 4 cards in my deck. He has Flygon LvX active and i am down to two cards i knockout his flygon LvX with uxie and put it at the bottom. He can't get the LvX back this turn and time was called on my turn so I won. Sorry Robert, you should have let me scoop.

2-1

Round 4: Alex w/ Luxray/Gallade

My set up was Legit, Two Legit To Quit and he had luxray with an energy and a gain. He had the LvX in his hand, but chose to not bright look my baltoy and he just used bite on my RR beedrill. That lost him the game and I just dark palmed and band attacked all game long.

3-1

Lunch: In and Out - I didn't eat

Round 5: Treavor w/ Dragonite FB, Blazekin, and Typhlosion

So I am the one 3-1 that plays down and its a new person so I just set up four beedrills and one hit everything he has. Hope to see you at more tournaments.

4-1

So while I was waiting for top four, I had an obsession with the song Do The Ricky Bobby and its dance. Its Awesome!

Once top is announced it is in order:

Chris w/ Gyarados
Justin w/ Kingdra
Matt w/ Blastoise/Garchomp C
Me w/ Beedrill

Top 4: Chris w/ Gyarados

Game 1: This game was intense. He got set up and so did I, but he missed all of his super scoop up flips and I hit all mine and that decides the match-up basically. I took my last prize with my one warp point.

Game 2: His inability to play the deck, scince he got it from online, hurt him and he scooped early.

5-1

Top 2: Justin(Chobo) w/ Kingdra

Game 1: Justin does the usual kingdra stuff and wrecks. I also got a prize penalty.

Game 2: Kingdra wrecks.

5-2 and second place.

After Justin won, we were getting ready to break open the pinata. We all took pictures and broke it open. Here they are:

I also took a video of the smashing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJK_Ssu6Gx8

Last edited:
Woot!! Awesome top 2 game =) so funny. Kingdra ftw! Can't wait 2 weeks for the next br!! Chobo off to a good start.

Ya Justin, we are off to a good start.

Regis Neo - thanks and uxie donk is a bunch of trainers and damage counters

Do The Ricky Bobby Style: Pose For The Frame.

I love this song and i still need sceptiles for my deck for next battle roads.

Back