Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Placing a Legend on the Bench

Flight

So I was thinking about this today and came up with this question:

Is there a way to play the Legends in order to save space? In other words, am I required to show all of the two cards or is it ok to leave the bottom half covering the majority of the upper half, except for the card's name, HP and type?

Thanks!

EDIT

Also, I have a question about this:

Q. If Primeape's "Top Drop" attack reveals a LEGEND Pokemon card with no HP printed on it, how much damage does it do (if any)?
A. No damage is done regardless of which LEGEND half is revealed by Top Drop, because even the half with HP written on it is not considered "a Pokemon" while in the Discard Pile. (Feb 4, 2010 PUI Rules Team; Feb 18, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

I understand Primeape's Top Drop won't have any effect because it's only one half, not a complete Pokémon. But am I allowed to search for halves with cards such as Palmer's Contribution and Pokémon Rescue?

Last edited:
So I was thinking about this today and came up with this question:

Is there a way to play the Legends in order to save space? In other words, am I required to show all of the two cards or is it ok to leave the bottom half covering the majority of the upper half, except for the card's name, HP and type?
That would be fine.

Q. If Primeape's "Top Drop" attack reveals a LEGEND Pokemon card with no HP printed on it, how much damage does it do (if any)?
A. No damage is done regardless of which LEGEND half is revealed by Top Drop, because even the half with HP written on it is not considered "a Pokemon" while in the Discard Pile. (Feb 4, 2010 PUI Rules Team; Feb 18, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

I understand Primeape's Top Drop won't have any effect because it's only one half, not a complete Pokémon. But am I allowed to search for halves with cards such as Palmer's Contribution and Pokémon Rescue?

Yes you are.

Back