Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Plans for "Metal Pheonix" Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Aqua Mills

Hey everybody. Mills here again experimenting with a new deck based on Steel-Type Pokemon. Here it is:

Pokemon:
2x Aron (Rollout)
2x Lairon (Magnitude)
2x Aggron ex (Metal Surge)
2x Onix (Rage)
2x Steelix (Spining Tail)
2x Pineco (from EX Sandstorm)
2x Forretress (DoubleMetal Ball)
3x Skarmory (Pick On)
3x Mawile (Metal Hook)

Trainer Cards:
3x Professor Birch
3x Pofessor Oak's Research
2x TV Reporter
4x Potion
4x Buffer Peice
4x Wally's Training

Energy Cards:
4x Metal Energy
4x Multi-Enenrgy
4x Double Rainbow Energy
4x Grass Energy
4x Fighting Energy

Strategy:
The strategy Im trying to accomplish is to inflict Damage to all of my Opponents Pokemon at the same time. By doing this, I increase my chance of knocking my Opponent's pokemon out fast to obtain Victory. I have Trainer Cards like Buffer Peice and Potion to keep my Pokemon who help me with the strategy, on the feild longer so it can Do damage longer. Skarmory and Mawile act as interference on my opponent's feild and hand and Wally's Training helps me get my evolved Pokemon fast.

So What do you guys think about it. All comments are welcomed.

Yeah you should at least try and add some water Pokemon to the deck to help against at total Fire Weakness. A fire deck w/Blaziken will tear this deck apart. So try and keep the Metal Pokemon count down and add some Water Pokemon for the Fire Pokemon. :)

I didn't think about adding something to Protect the weakness.Thanks everybody. I was thinking about taking out a evolutionary Line. Which Line should I take out to add 4 Suicune ex:
Onix Evolution Line
Or:
Pineco Evolution Line

Last edited:
I believe the line to go is the Pineco one. Steelix can do 20 to all of your opponent's Pokémon in play. Pineco's line simply cannot do that. Furthermore, Steelix has more HP, and that can help A LOT, especially in a Metal Deck, where Metal Energy's effects are useful. Also, there should be more Aron/Lairon in there if you are trying to actually PLAY those Aggron ex in your deck.

Here's the new version of my Deck:

Pokemon:
3x Aron
3x Lairon
3x Aggron ex
4x Mawile
2x Onix
2x Steelix
3x Suicune ex

Trainer Cards:
3x Professor Birch
2x TV Reporter
4x Potion
4x Buffer Peice
4x Wally's Training

Energy Cards:
4x Metal Energy
4x Multi-Enenrgy
4x Double Rainbow Energy
8x Water Energy

I really like how that turned out... I'm coming up with a counter-deck: Plasma Burns v.1.t. Even so, I don't think it has much of a chance against that...
Try to substitute the Potions for Moo moo milks, and spell your deck as "Phoenix", its correct spelling.

Last edited:
Just a little tip try to take out maybe 2 Wallys Training and 1 buffer peice, and add 3 prof. elms training method.Again this is just a little tip try it see how you like it and if you don't like it change it back.

Last edited:
In my opinion, POKEMAN is right by removing Wallys Training for prof. elms training method. It lets you look for any Evo. card, not just your active(s).

mMmm, the Multi-Energy might be reemplaced for Rainbow Energy, cause, with the metal and the Double Rainbow, your multi will become a Colorless energy

[/QUOTE]mMmm, the Multi-Energy might be reemplaced for Rainbow Energy, cause, with the metal and the Double Rainbow, your multi will become a Colorless energy
This deck is now good for modified the rainbow energy is to old unless its been reprinted without me knowing

POKEMAN said:
This deck is now good for modified the rainbow energy is to old unless its been reprinted without me knowing
Actually, yes, Rainbow Energy has been reprinted. It is perfectly legal for Modified decks. It's a good thing, too -- it turns out to be very useful in certain decks.

Wow. Im getting ALOT of awesome feedback from you guys and This Deck is Turning out Awesome. TThanks again you guys.Hre's the new Deck:

"Metal Phoenix" v.3

Pokemon:
3x Aron
3x Lairon
3x Aggron ex
4x Mawile
2x Onix
2x Steelix
3x Suicune ex

Trainer Cards:
3x Professor Birch
2x TV Reporter
4x Moo Moo Milk
3x Buffer Peice
2x Wally's Training
3x Professor Elm's Training Method

Energy Cards:
4x Metal Energy
4x Rainbow Energy
4x Double Rainbow Energy
8x Water Energy

So guys, how is the Deck looking so far. After I'm finish fine tuning my Deck. Ill check al of yours out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back