Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Plasma Blast Blisters

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanthePokeMan

I know I'm going to sound like a broken record as I've been asking this question since Plasma Storm...but have the 3-pack blisters for Plasma Blast been released? It seems like the 3-pack blisters are not coming out anymore in North America from what I've seen and read from people on this forum. I, for one, do no want to have to order them from Europe as the cost conversion and shipping will be outrageous ($17 per blister is not a price I want to spend). Also, I do not want to have to buy the cards as singles as those prices are even more outrageous (BW67 Ampharos is $30 on eBay, BW79 Landorus is $20) Has anyone seen them (or the ones from Storm and Freeze) around?

Nothing around here, as usual. I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and pick up some of those 3 packs as imports... I already got 2 of them coming in from a seller on Amazon that had them at a good value, however,they depleted their limited stock already. It's expensive and stinks, and I wish we had a good reason for people missing out on promos. I enjoy collecting them myself and can't stand to have so many holes missing!

I ended up having to buy them from Europe, but some of the promos are ending up in different US merchandise. For example the Druddigon (BW 80) is in the 3 pack blister for Plasma Freeze and now is in the Deoxys Box in the US. I don't know if this is something that will happen with the other missing promos and I agree I don't like having to hunt them down and pay such steep prices to have them shipped internationally.

They've only done that a couple times. Back with Dark Explorers, North America got Riolu and Meowth in a 1-pack blister. Well, I think Meowth was the same in Europe, but Riolu was definitely in a 3-pack there. The weird thing with that, was that the Luxio card went from a 3-pack blister, to an "international" 3-pack blister, which STILL didn't make it to North America! So weird with why they would even bother remaking the package and everything!

Druddigon is the only other one I know of. It's already been a long time and a few sets later with the Ampheros/Ninetales from Plasma Storm :/

Keep in mind, that depending on the type of collector you are, you may want both. I have both Druddigons and there is a different holo pattern on each.

I would think that Troll & Toad would also have them.
Not even sure if they would be out yet.
In the past (when they did come out in the USA) they came out a bit after the general release of the actual set.
Also those 1-pack blisters come out about the same time.

Heck I was looking in local Targets yesterday, and they don't even have Plasma Blast in stock yet...

BTW the last 3-pack blister that I saw (and still see on occasion) is Boundaries Crossed.

Keep in mind, that depending on the type of collector you are, you may want both. I have both Druddigons and there is a different holo pattern on each.

Oh? Guess I'll check it out when my blister version comes in the mail. I'm not terribly picky, but if it's pretty I might keep both.

BTW the last 3-pack blister that I saw (and still see on occasion) is Boundaries Crossed.

It was the last one that was widely distributed. I got mine ASAP, since the previous ones for Dark Explorers never came out, and the Dragons Emerged didn't show up a lot, but was thankfully only holo reprints. Some places in the mid west apparently got Plasma Storm, but looks like it was an extremely limited release here.

It was the last one that was widely distributed. I got mine ASAP, since the previous ones for Dark Explorers never came out, and the Dragons Emerged didn't show up a lot, but was thankfully only holo reprints. Some places in the mid west apparently got Plasma Storm, but looks like it was an extremely limited release here.

Dark explorers ones were available pretty much only at Barnes and Noble.

Dark explorers ones were available pretty much only at Barnes and Noble.

The ones with Luxio, really? I don't have any B&N too close to me, since Borders monopolized the area, and the only local B&N pulled out. Only recently heard that they even carried Pokemon TCG! I assume it's in the kid's section, or is it up by the cashiers?

The ones with Luxio, really? I don't have any B&N too close to me, since Borders monopolized the area, and the only local B&N pulled out. Only recently heard that they even carried Pokemon TCG! I assume it's in the kid's section, or is it up by the cashiers?

Actually, no. The Three Pack Blisters with ONLY Luxray and ONLY Krookodile. It's in the kids section. They also were one of the few large chain stores to get the Team Plasma Box. They have Emerging Powers Pansage and Zorua three pack blisters as well. And BW Trainer Kits and Tins.

Oh THOSE packs that they put out. I think I saw them somewhere, but I don't remember where... Still, doesn't help since like I mentioned, there aren't any nearby me anymore :/

Also, I went ahead and bit the bullet even more: I bought both Plasma Freeze and both Plasma Blast blisters off CardTeam for $70.45 USD... Yeah, it's a lot, but I really want them (and hope Blast has a sample pack in it). Probably not though. Anyone know what the Plasma Blast sampler came in, actually? I know there was a stock photo shown of it, so I know it does exist.

I went to the local Barnes & Noble seeing if they had anything new for Pokemon.
They didn't have anything new, but they still had the Dark Explorers 3 pack blister.

One of which was Lucario, the other was NOT Luxray (think it was Pansage).

I did spot a Team Plasma Box at my local league store.
Then I spotted a Plasma Blast Elite Trainer Box, so I got that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back