Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

platinum

I think it depends on how much time you plan on spending on the game; if you're the type of person that just plays through the story and that’s it, probable not worth buying if you played D/P. If the main story is just the start of the game for you, then yes, it's worth it. There are a number of people that I know that complain about these "re-releases" as they call them, but I personally enjoy them. They give the hardcore fans what feels like an updated game.

I think that the Platinum game has the most complete story line out of any of the Pokemon games since Gold and Silver. At the very least, the characters have actual *character*, which is something that I've found is sorely missing from most of the other Pokemon games.

I personally think Platinum is a fresh new look at D/P. I didn't enjoy Diamond very much, to be honest, but have been having a lot of fun on Platinum.

Several features in Platinum have improved from D/P.

Surfing speed must be the most noticeable one. I heard a significant number of complaints about how D/P surfing was too slow.

Being able to take your bicycle through transition areas. I hated being forced off my bicycle every time I entered a city. >.<

other improvements include:
  • Pokétch
  • More Pokémon before the national 'dex
  • Amity square's allowance of starters
  • MORE FIRE TYPES
  • Wi-fi plaza
  • Tutor moves
  • The distortion world

The distortion world was sweet. I wish I could live there. I miss it. ;_;

i think it is great, i think of these games as upgrades to the originals. that and i want something to do while i try to make up my gold/silver remake team!

I like that I've been able to run through the game using an IV-bred/EV-trained team of non-scrubs from my Diamond game.

Kingdra
Gliscor
Scizor
Roserade
Infernape
Staraptor

Last edited:
Certainly is. I love having the Elite 4's Pokémon get a boost. It helps level up your own Pokémon. I like facing a mix of stronger Gym Leaders. Just a improved version of the game. A+

When do the Gym Leaders start getting stronger? After you beat the E4? Or some time before then?

Back