Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

playing to evolve

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, this came up and i haven't seen something that answers this, so sorry if this has been covered but why does darkest impulse get activated if i rare candy something, but energy shower from milotic doesn't if i rare candy it?

both say "when played TO EVOLVE a pokemon"

Q. If I use Rare Candy to evolve Feebas into Milotic, can I still take advantage of Milotic's "Healing Shower" Poke-Power at that time?
A. No. Healing Shower states "when you play Milotic from your hand to evolve..."; otherwise it would have been phrased "when Milotic comes into play from your hand..." (Jul 1, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Does Rare Candy activate Dark Ampharos' "Darkest Impulse"?
A. Yes, it does. (Nov 4, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

this just makes absolutely no sense whatsoever....... how can one be activated when the other isn't based on the ruling that if u rare candy something, the evolution is not being played TO EVOLVE the pokemon.......

am i just missing something here?

Q. What happens when I evolve Milotic using Rare Candy? Does "Healing Shower" trigger or not?
A. Yes, Healing Shower will trigger. Milotic is coming into play from your hand, and will trigger normally. (Feb 24, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Say my opponent has Dark Ampharos, and I use Milotic with "Energy Shower". Can I have Energy Shower remove the damage AFTER Dark Ampharos' "Darkest Impulse" places a counter on Milotic?
A. Healing Shower and Darkest Impulse happen at the same time. So the player controlling Milotic would decide which effect to apply first. (Mar 3, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back