Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

please close

Gabriel- Alright, thanks i just didn't know if like Luxchomp was really big or donphan was really big, etc.

General-lol thanks for the advice, and i wasn't even thinking about it because my brother played it at utah states and went 3-3

goldedda- lol that sounds cool

hatter- yeah what gabriel said, and i can't find ANY Cal Reports for any seniors

eeveelover- That would be AWESOME if you started doing that, i would so like to see people do that

Mmmm... I could tell you, or I could distort the truth completely.... Well. Watch out for the Grotle E-belt donk, that happened at seniors (right next to the action). Also, metapod plays a great deal of our metagame, so you can counter this with a porygon 2 deck (Porygon Z has too many hitpoints to win any matches). All kidding aside, I was at CA states for seniors. I made top 8, overall a good day. I did in fact see someone get donked with a grotle that had an E-belt attached. There was this other kid that ran a pelliper lugia legend deck with over 30 energy cards in the deck (needless to say he went 0-6). Don't worry too much about what to play, it's seniors. As long as your deck is good and consistent, you're fine.

alright, thank you for your advice, and that'd be hilarious to see somebody get donked with a grotle with an E-belt, and a pelliper/Lugia Legend deck? that seems really weird.

alright, thank you for your advice, and that'd be hilarious to see somebody get donked with a grotle with an E-belt, and a pelliper/Lugia Legend deck? that seems really weird.

well if you want to read a seiors socal report read mine, and wow grotle donk FTW

Weren't all of them playing Pokemon in the tournament? Or were they...?

I honestly don't know the metagame, but as long as you are confident with a deck, you should do just fine.

To win Seniors:

4-4 Claydol GE
2-2 Weavile SW
1/2 Unown G
1 Sableye SF
1 Relicanth SV
4 SpecDark
6 Fighting
3 E-belt
0/1 Moonlight Stadium
2/3 BTS
1 Pepper/Capsicum Spray

If you think I'm kidding, I just won states with it.
I didn't need the spray though.

roflDol.dec probably isn't your best bet though..

In all honesty, probably Cursegar or Donphan.

So I was never a Senior Pokemon player, but now I am intrigued. Can someone explain the difference to me? It appears that consistency is more important than meta-game, but why is this? Surely what is winning bears some impact on what to play?

Back