Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Please Close

Status
Not open for further replies.
-2 Tv Reporter
+2 Psychic/Multi Energy
-
You have too many ways to discard supporters, so -2 TV Reporter don't hurt you and you realy need these energies. 13 energies is too low.

Ok, lets look at the deck. Mew Ex is there to copy your attacks and your opponents. If you put a rainbow on mew, he will more than likely become/is active... how do you move it with banette on the bench? My suggestion is to drop the mew completly as it will only add to your bench if he needs to be active, making houndoom more worthless/easier to get around.

And now rainbow energy. It adds a damage to whomever so you can move it... great... in the first 2-4 turns while your opponent is setting up. After that, you're only hurting yourself. And having 4 of them, you might see one during those 4 turns, then the rest only help your opponent. Take them out for Multi and/or Holon Pokes.

If for some odd reason you don't want to take the mew advice and keep him in there then at least take the energy advice. Trust me, I have been running a deck like this for awhile now and you'll have plenty of damage to move around.

Hope this helps!

keep the rainbow s and drop out mew ex, it is week and cessation crystal will kill you i am aware that you play 2 windstorm but Raieggs plays 4 cessation crystal and mew has really low life points, and i try sableye but it really is not that good, it will only help in the first turns i now that it may help later to now what card is coming bue it fills the benche and the idea is thet houndoom, add one warp energy and one cyclone energy and try to fit in 4 P. Reversal...

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

sorry for speeling, in a hurry...

Last edited:
Keep the rainbows but I'm not sure about the switch all your pokemon have one retreat cost so throw out the switch and the lass for 2 energies because 13 is a bit low.

Skarmbliss said:
I really need your help on my deck with bannette ex and houndoom. Here is my standard list and this is the list i am using right now. It did win a couple games against ludicolo but i didnt really test it out against other decks.

Pokemon (16)
4- Shuppet CG
3- Bannette EX
1- Bannette CG
2- Houndour UF
2- Houndoom UF
2- Mew EX LM
2- Sableye CG

Energies (13)
9- Psychic
4- Rainbow

Trainers (31)
4- ER2
2- Crystal Beach
2- Battle Frontier
2- Windstorm
4- PETM
4- TV Reporter
4- Transceiver
2- Mentor
2- Adventuer
1- Scientist
1- Farmer
1- Lass
1- Switch
1- Warp Point

Strategy: To get as many supporters in the discard pile ASAP. Sableye is there to get the supporters in the discard quick. Mew ex to copy any attack combined nicely with rainbow energies. Houndoom as trainer disruption. Bannette CG to defeat any deck with ex pokemon in it.

I <3 fixing bannete decks :D so ill help you out.

Pokemon
Mew definentaly out -2
Sablye you can cut it down ot one -1

Energy
Perfect keep it

Trainers look like this:

4- ER2
4- Reversal
2- Crystal Beach( i would play 4 BF if i were you, but this is good also)
2- Battle Frontier
2- Windstorm
3- PETM
4- TV Reporter
3- Transceiver
2- Mentor
2- Adventuer
1- Scientist

2- Switch
1- Warp Point
2- Strenghth Charm(key to winning vs 120 HP pokemon decks 2x shady move +strengh=120)

GL(if you have shiftry playersin your area you may want to tech in dusclops, still winnable w/o it, though your much faster than him/her)

Changes Updated. I do agree that mew ex doesnt really help and it does take too much space. I dont agree that i should take out the rainbows for 2 reasons.

1) Good for bannette ex's pokemon power
2) So i will be able to use houndooms flamethrower attack when needed other wise with 2 multis it wont work,

I dont get why you guys keep suggesting i should put dusclops in the deck. What the use of putting in dusclops???

Dusclops ex (EM) pokebody : If Dusclops ex is in your bench your active pokémon has no Darkness weakness

I would max out TV reporter. It's better than Holons Adventurer IMHO. It's nicer to discard after you draw the cards incase you don't have a supporter to begin with to discard. 7 basics will be harsh and give your opponents a lot of mulligans. And I would add scott and take out one Pokemon Reversal or Warp point/switch. I would keep transceivers at 4 cause you will need a higher chance of getting a mentor first turn or you might lose turn 2. I don't see a point in Lass and Elms isn't needed maxed since you only need it to get houndoom mainly. Drop lass and one elm for the TVRs. Other than that and giving your opponent mulligan cards, it looks ok to me.

yah I_C is right max out TVR. DOnt worry about energies, 13 in a deck that uses 2 max is really as much as you need -2 Psy +2 tvr

that is true, i do have holon lass after all that takes care of that task anyways incase i dont have the energy. The only thing that worries me about that is what if i miss the energy drop if i go first with a shuppett active then what do i do.

One of the things that worries me about this deck is starting off with houndour because i had some starts when i had houndour. I think 7 basics are far too low to have in a deck because i seem to get alot of mulligans in the deck.

Now ideally do you think i should have 2 bannette ex on the field one active and one bench, and a houndoom. The other problem is sableye because he kinda takes the space i needed for houndooms effect to kick in.

Do you guys think its worth to put in 2 scotts into the deck for more consistency or will it less consistent if i add in 2 scott?

Thanks for your help :thumb:

how would castaway help him out? Your energy list looks good and i like the pokemon line but i dont know if you should add one more basic to your deck or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back