Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PLEASE Help Dark Dragonite Vs MAGMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaziken98

Please help I have already came in 2nd twice and want to win this next CC here is the deck I plan on running

Pokemon 23
4 Dunsparce
3 Dratini
3 Dark Dragonair (Evolutionary Light)
3 Dark Dragonite
4 Voltorb
3 Dark Electrode
1 Electrode Ex
2 Rockets Sneasal Ex

Trainers 20
4 Steven's Advice
4 Rocket'sMission
2 Copycat
2 Rare Candy
3 Rocket Ball
1 Swicth
1 Warp Point
3 Anceint Tomb (I will explain why so many at bottom)

Energy 16
4 Darkness
4 Dark/Metal
4 Rainebow
3 R Energy
1 Lighting

Only 59 cards I know but that is where I need help.
Ok my friend is going to run Magma and I hate his stupid Zangoose they can rip apart my Dragonites that is why I have all the Ancient Tomb's he is going to just knock them out with Desert Ruins.
What I need to know is what I sould tech in to help agianst the Magma's Zangoose?
PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ON THE DECK I need help with the fight agianstthe Magma deck. You can if you fixs helps fight Magma's Zangoose or screw over Magma.

Last edited:
It's just a problem with weakness and if you want to avoid them use a different attacker against TM's zangoose.( ex: rocket's sneasel ex).

Yes I know but if I was to send up Snesal to attack guess who is coming after Sneasel, Groudon

Last edited:
Blaziken98 said:
Yes I know but if I was to send up Snesal to attack guess who is coming after Sneasel, Groudon

Then send up Draggy.

Otherwise it's just countering weaknesses and resistances...

Well if you really get tired of getting killed that way, just throw in 1x Horsea and 1x TRR Kingdra in your deck, then you won't have to worry about your Ancient Tomb going away. When Kingdra is out, your Sneasel Ex and Dragonite should be fine. :)

OH MY GOD IF I SEND UP DRAGGY, THEN HE'LL SEND OUT GOD AND HE'LL SMITE ME WITH HIS AWESOMENESS!!!!

....get a grip dude, not EVERY deck is 100% guaranteed to win against another deck...even if Magma seems to have an advantage against Dark Draggie...

IT. CAN. LOOSE. TO. DARK. DRAGGIE.

anyways onto the deck:

-1 SAD
+1 Mr. Briney's Compassion

-3 Ancient Tomb
+3 TR Hideout

yes Ancient Tomb rids your weakness, but Rocket's stadium is beneficial in the sense that Zangoose cannot score an OHKO on you, and it benefits your other guys too

yes Ancient Tomb rids your weakness, but Rocket's stadium is beneficial in the sense that Zangoose cannot score an OHKO on you, and it benefits your other guys too

That is true but I know his deck 3 Desert Ruins all he has to do is 120 then next turn knock out the Staduim and a prize without a attack. I might consider 1 just for Sneasal

PokeMasterFlabFace Intresting Idea I will play test

Pokemon: 25

4 Dunsparce
4 Dratini
2 Voltorb
2 Dark Electrode
2 Dark Dragonair
2 Pidgey
1 Pidgeotto
2 Pidgeot
3 Dark Dragonite
1 Horsea (DR 50 HP)
1 Kingdra (RR)
1 Zangoose (SS)

Trainers: 20

4 Steven's Advice
4 Rare Candy
4 Celio's Network
3 Copycat
2 Mr. Briney's Compassion
1 Vs Seeker
1 Pokemon Retreiver
1 Ancient Rock TM

Energy:15

4 Dark
4 Dark Metal
4 Rainbow
3 R Energy

I'll explain all of this now...

Pidgeot gives you the game in the Blaziken matchup and will help greatly vs Magma. Vs Magma make sure you get Kingdra out asap and then their Zangoose are no problem.

Now the point for your Zangoose is for Salamance/Dragonite(mirror)/Flygon. It will help a lot in all those matchups. If none of those are played in your area it may be better to run Wobbufffet. That's a really good list I just gave you, just fit a few things differently for your metagame and you're set. GL with it.

What the whole point of pidgeot in dragonite?

Also I wouldn't worry about Magma if you know only 1 person is going to be playing it.

Last edited:
YoungJohn06,
Thanks for your post I will consider that deck. But there really is no Flygons or Salamence decks tough.

Moltres423
Thanks I guess your right I think only one magma deck is nothing to worry about. But my friend is preety good he sould make the finals along with me so that might complecate things a little. I will play it out though

Hey alex dont be messin up my deck make sure you put down what cards were in it before you changed it and that Trode EX is steves

PokeMontoya said:
Hey alex dont be messin up my deck make sure you put down what cards were in it before you changed it and that Trode EX is steves

No Adrian I lent Zak the EEX from Blazitrode the Electrode is Mine
What where trying to give steve a free trode Ex??? :mad:

You could also take out some Dragies and some Trodes to fit in a larvitar/dark pupitar (80 hp)/T-tar (mono-dark one). The Dark pupitar takes care of zangoose since he's weak, unfortunately Dark T-tar is weak to Groudon, so you could use the other one I suppose or just avoid using T-tar against Groudon. You could also try using Rocket's Scyther as a tech card against Groudon, since Scyther is resistant to Groudon and Scyther can also be made grass type with the rainbow energies you use to destroy Groudon. Just a thought though.

Not a bad Idea about the Syther Ex I may consider it. Itried the Kingdra it is decent but not a reliable weakness protection.

Yeah I used Scyther in my winning deck, basically you need to keep him off the bench unless he'll actually be useful. And in those unfortunate situations where he is your starting pokemon you can use bounce to attack and move him back to the bench once you have other bench pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back