1 x Luxury Ball
4 x Rare Candy
2 x Pokemon Communication

Energy
10 x Psychic Energy - Basic
1 x Call Energy - Special
1 x Double Colorless Energy - Special

Now, the strategy:

I'll keep this short and sweet. Dusknoir Lv.X becomes a Stadium when its Knocked Out. As long as it's a Stadium, I place 1 damage counter on each of the opponent's Pokemon between turns (yay! :D). Gengar Lv.X's "Compound Pain" attack does 30 damage to EACH of my opponent's Pokemon that already has damage counters on it. Basically, I can potentially hit 50 damage to EVERY one of my opponent's Pokemon each turn! (1 damage counter when he/she ends their turn +30 damage from Gengar Lv.X + 1 damage counter when I end my turn = 50 damage). The goal is to try Knock Out as many of his/her Pokemon as quickly as possible, and hopefully knock out 2+ simultaneously.
Dodrio is to Help with Dusknoir's pricey retreat cost.
Spiritomb is to help with evolving.
Sableye helps with "using" Supporters at will.
Shuppet...serves no purpose. I just needed to fill a spot :p

The deck runs pretty well. I don't find myself using the strategy as much as I'd like, but I'm still able to take on some pretty strong decks. If I don't win then it's usually a pretty close game.

My biggest obstacle is Nidoqueen. Its Maternal Comfort counters Dusknoir X's Poke-power. Any ideas for counters?
I know Dialga G Lv.X is an option, but I'm trying to see what other options I have.

Last edited:
You're talking about a well-known concept called CONSISTENCY! <3

Consistency is one of the most important features of a really effective Pokemon deck, and from what I know, part of what separates it from other TCGs: most other games aren't nearly as quick and consistent as Pokemon is. There are loads of great searching and drawing cards out there that help you get your deck set up as fast as possible. You already are running a bunch of them - basically, just take these cards and have 4 of them or so.

Spiritomb from Arceus is a great way to stall off some time and get your Evolved Pokemon into play quickly.
You already have some Rare Candy, having four in a deck like this would be a good move. The same could go for Bebe's Search and Pokemon Communication. You can get away with only 2 Bebe's and 3 Communication (or vice versa).
You should have four Pokemon Collector, to maximize your chances of starting with it - that way you can immediately get some Basic Pokemon together and get things moving.
Broken Time-Space is made of gold, run at least two.
Call Energy is also made of gold, we like those!

And lastly (but definitely most importantly), Uxie from Legends Awakened is spectacular. Run your hand down to only two or three cards and then drop Uxie to use its Set Up power. Pretty much every deck in the format runs two Uxies these days!

Ideally, you would also run more focused lines of Pokemon - something like, 4 Gastly, 3 Haunter, 3 Gengar and 1 Gengar Lv. X (we just abbreviate this as 4-3-3-1 Gengar). Same for Dusknoir (4-3-3-1 Dusknoir, I would run the Dusknoir 1 because it damages itself and helps you draw more cards with Shadow Command, and can get easy knockouts with Damage Even). Muk would not be necessary, but Crobat G can help you bring Pokemon into range to be Knocked Out faster, especially if you can pick him back up with Poke-Turn.

Um... hope this helps. ^^'

Pokémon-
3 Duskull (3 Reaper Cloth) *** believe rotated out
2 Dusclops (StormFront)
3 Dusknoir (2 Spirit Pulse, 1 Shadow Command)
1 Dusknoir LVL. X
3 Gastly (Arceus)
1 Haunter (Arceus)
3 Gengar (1 poltergiest and 2 Sharpshooting)
1 Gengar LVL. X
2 Giratina ( 2 Over Slash )
2 Spiritomb ( 2 Curse Breath)
2-uxie
1-Uxie X
1-azelf
1-Azelf Lvl X.

Energy-
12 Psychic
3 DCE

Trainer/ Supporter-
1 Luxury Ball
4 Rare Candy
4 Roseanne's ResearchRotated so use cyrus conspiracy x2 or 3 and add 1x or 2 collecotr
4 Pokémon Communication
2 Premier Balls
2 Bebe's Search
2 Bucks Training

I am able to get both level x's out, first I have to get the dusknoir out as fast as possible so it can get killed, and while it is out the spirit pulse puts a damge counter on any opponent pokemon with energy, it helps, I also find myself not using compund pain as much as I though but the level down and free retreat is great! The spirit tombs I play after the dusknoir is knocked ut, add another damage counter to opponents pokemon with counters on it. Uxie and Azelf are self explanitory.... DCE is for the dusknoir attacks and uxie if I need to... I have lost to one deck at a tourney with that list... a shuppet deck, hate those things... Hope that helps, LOVE RUNNING THIS DECK!

So would something like this be more effective?

Pokemon:
Dusknoir Lv.X 4-3-3-1 (Shadow Command/ Spirit Pulse Dusknoir)
Gengar Lv.X 4-3-3-1 (Poltergeist/Sharpshooting Gengar)
2x Crobat G
2x Spiritomb (AR)
2x Uxie (LA)

T/S/S:
4x Pokemon Collector
4x (Bebe's Search/ Pokemon Communication)
2x BTS
4x Energy Search
2x Interviewer's Questions

Energy:
10x Psychic
1x DCE
2x Call

Thanks for the tips so far everyone! They really help. Please keep 'em coming :D

Last edited:
You have to run rare candy, no getting around it... without it the deck is way too slow! I also think the 4 collectors is a bit much... If you have cyrus conspiracy too find room, I don't know what you have or what you don't have... The energy search is the same as cyrus but with cyrus you can grab a supporter card too... hmmm

Oh crap I forgot to write in Rare Candy :p
My bad.

Would 2 be enough or would you really recommend I max them out?

And thanks for suggesting Cyrus. I just saw what it does and it's quite useful :p
However it says "with Team Galactic in its name". Is that strictly for the Trainer? Or would it apply to the Supporter also (to be honest I'm not sure if there are any Supporters from team Galactic :p)

You have the BTS so 2 rare candy could work... I prefer 4 though, you also have the spiritomb for evolving, so two would work alright... Cyrus you get a basic energy and any supporter card you want, with the deck your running you don't get to pick a trainer which is perfectly ok, play the cyrus and grab another, lpay the cyrus and grab a collector, anyway you want to run.... also by looking through your last list again I don't see use for the crobat G's.... Also I just want to point out that I am by far not a pro at this, I struggle building decks all day, but I have more practice than most trying to get the dusknoir/gengar to work together....

so
-2 collector
-4 energy search
+4 cyrus
+2 Rare Candy
+1 Luxury Ball
hmmm.... that makes 61.... Lost now, the crobat G's seem weird considering you have no way to bring them back to your hand after they are played.... so

-2 crobat g's

then you can add another rare candy
and one other card... do you have an unown q ? help with dusknoirs retreat cost if you need to get him out of there prizing the level X card? or do you have an azelf to look at the prize cards and pull out the pokemon you need?

I'm trying give me credit here

@ JimboPro

Wow you are being a big help so far :)
Pro or not you're definitely giving (what seems to me) some good advice :)

I don't exactly have all those cards i mentioned in my previous post but I'm working on getting them. I just posted a hypothetical decklist :p

and unfortunately no i don't have any unown q or azelf

Bump.

Well, I took the advice given to me by JimboPro and it worked almost perfectly :)
In two games I was able to pull out my Dusknoir X and other Dusknoirs as well as at least 2 Gengars with no problem :)
THANK YOU!

One problem I ran into...Nidoqueen (Maternal Instinct (or wtv its called)). It pretty much counters my Dusknoir X's Poke-Body. Anybody have any ideas for a Nidoqueen counter?

I never ran into anyone playing a nidoqueen... hmm.... THAT IS A GOOD QUESTION... I'm lost for that one! Glad the deck wa running more effectively though...

I've been thinking of a Nideoqueen counter and I think something with a Poke-Body lock would help. I'm looking at Dialga G Lv.X, but are there any others I would be able to use instead?

Body lock would suppress Nidoqueen's Maternal Comfort and allow Dusknoir Lv.X's Ectoplasm to take effect, however it'll block my Dusknoir's Spirit Pulse and Spiritomb's Keystone Seal. I'm sure I can manage without them (since I use Tomb mostly for Darkness Grace), but is there any way I work around this? (i.e. cards that only block the opponent's Poke-Bodies)

Hello there, this looks like an awesome deck Blitzkrieg916!

Have you considered turning the Dusknoir line down to 2-1-2-1?

And maybe taking out a Haunter?

Also, I would run 3 Bebes/4 Communication; you kinda need both in this deck.

Dialga G Lv.X would probably be a little clunky, but it's an amazing idea nonetheless! :biggrin:

I would try fitting in another Uxie and a Uxie Lv.X, is you can afford it.

Good luck on this awesome deck, Blitzkrieg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back