Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Please Help Me On My Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjmp

Could Someone Please Help Me Improve My Deck?

This May Sound Simple, But There's A Catch. I Stopped Buying Cards At Around The Point When Gym Heroes Came Out! I Do Have A Few Of Theese Cards, But Not Many.

I Have Been Looking At Certain Decks On The Internet, But None That Work With My Strategy. I Preffer To Use Cards That Allow Me To Attack Quickly, So I Need Basic Or Stage 2 Pokemon That Can Deal Reasonable Amounts Of Damage For Little Energy Costs.
I Also Need Trainers That Allow Me To Get Lots Of Energy.

Please Can You Let Me Know Your Opinions On This Deck And List Any Improvements You Think Should Be Made.

POKEMON

Charmander (Team Rocket) x4
Dark Charmeleon (Team Rocket) x2 -(I Didn't Have Any More!)
Dark Charizard (Team Rocket) x3
Blaine's Growlithe (Gym Heroes) x2
Blaine's Arcanine (Gym Challange) x1
Voltorb (Team Rocket) x4
Electrode (Base Set) x1
Zapdos (Promo 23) x1

TRAINERS

No Removal Gym (Gym Heroes) x1
Switch (Base Set) x2
Gust Of Wind (Base Set) x2
Potion (Base Set) x3
Bill (Base Set) x4
Energy Search (Base Set) x4
Pokedex (Base Set) x2
Energy Retreival (Base Set) x2
Professor Oak (Base Set) x2
Computer Search (Base Set) x2

ENERGY

Fire Energy x12
Electric Energy x6

This Was An Ok Deck, But Could Do With Alot Of Improvement.
Please Leeve Your Ideas For Me.

Thanks

Last edited:
We can comment on the deck you posted, even make a whole new one based on it, but "Build me a deck" posts are prohibited. Now, let's work on this deck. I see you're going for a Fire/Electric theme. That's fine, but I'm going to start from this deck and completely change a lot of it. This is going to mean a whole new decklist. Mind you, it's going to be hard to build a deck without using Neo+ cards, but I'll try.

Pokemon (12):
3 Blaine's Growlithe
2 Blaine's Arcanine
3 Electabuzz (Base)
2 Rocket's Zapdos
2 Chansey (Base)

Trainers (32):
3 Computer Search
3 Item Finder
3 Super Potion
2 Switch
3 Nightly Garbage Run
2 Gust of Wind
3 Professor Oak
2 Erika
3 Lass
2 Pokemon Trader
3 Energy Removal
3 Super Energy Removal

Energy (16):
5 Fire Energy
5 Lightning Energy
3 Double Colorless Energy
3 Rainbow Energy

As I said, big changes. I dropped the Dark Charizard line -- not because it's not powerful enough, but for speed's sake. Blaine's Arcanine should give you plenty of Fire power. Electabuzz is a good Pokemon to start the game with, and Rocket's Zapdos and Chansey are both effective cleaners. I have no idea how well this deck will work, but I think it should be pretty effective even in today's Unlimited. If you can, get Gold Berries to replace the Super Potions, but Super Potion is fine for the Base-Gym Challenge card pool. Besides, it semi-combos with Rocket's Zapdos.

Last edited:
If I may ask: Why do you capitalize every word, instead of just the first word or a sentence or a card name?

Last edited:
Let me just add to that, no offense given of course.

THE SENTENCE WRITTEN IN ALL CAPITALS
The Sentence Written with each word Capitalls
the sentence written with no capitals
da sentence wroten lik a n00b
OR
The normal sentence of which I familiarise myself with?

Sorry if I offended you..it wasn't intentional >_<

*no bumping & this is SPAM, please if you think of something, EDIT your reply, thanks ~ ipg21*

Last edited by a moderator:
As my fellow moderator, IPGeek21 noted in his edit, above: please keep your deck fixes to the topic. If you have anything off the subject of the deck, then take it to email or IM, please rather than clog up the board with nonsense like this. More posts like this will be deleted; thank you for your cooperation.

'mom

Last edited:
i'm not sayin' anything, but i would take OUT 1 Drk Charizard & add 1 Electrode. that should even it out a bit. Or, if you can still find team R cards, try to get another Drk charmeleon & take out a Voltorb. But i have to agree with the guys....i'm startin' to like the new cards! Maby if you get a pack of the newer cards you might be surprisd! i have a Charizard from the NEO set that can do 60 damage! but thats beside the point! but like i said, if you can still find Rocket cards... it can be only 1 pack an' your there! i got a Fossil pack the other day & got a Raichu! So, Keep tryin'!!!! -Charizard

SD PokéMom said:
As my fellow moderator, IPGeek21 noted in his edit, above: please keep your deck fixes to the topic. If you have anything off the subject of the deck, then take it to email or IM, please rather than clog up the board with nonsense like this. More posts like this will be deleted; thank you for your cooperation.

'mom

If Your Refering To The way I Type Posts I Will Deleate Them Now.

Thanks

Actually, I was referring to the SPAM posts by alpha and charizard, which were not adding to the discussion...

'mom

SD PokéMom said:
Actually, I was referring to the SPAM posts by alpha and charizard, which were not adding to the discussion...

'mom

I've Deleated Them Anyway As They Were Off-Topic

I have an interesting idea for a Charizard deck. Instead of using the Dark version, try using the Base Set version (if you it at least). Anyway, here is my idea.

15 POKEMON
4 Charmander (Base)
3 Charmelion (Base)
3 Charizard (Base)
3 Electabuzz (Base)
2 Rocket's Zapdos (Gym Heroes)

26 TRAINER
4 Energy Search
3 Bill
3 Super Potion
3 Switch
3 Gust of Wind
3 Energy Retrieval
3 Pokedex
2 No Removal Gym
2 Nightly Garbage Run

15 Lightning Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

Here's the idea of this version. Using Charizard famous Poke-Power (that's what they're called now), Energy Burn, it will change all energies attached to Charizard into fire energies (obviously). Sooooo, attach a Double Colorless and 2 Lightning energies to Charizard, let Energy Burn change them to fire energies, and discard 2 Lightning Energies for Fire Spin. Later on, Rocket's Zapdos can use Plasma to bring back the lightning energies.

If you still wanna use the Dark Charizard line, then here is a deck with it:

4 Charmander (Rocket)
3 D. Charmelion (Rocket)
3 D. Charizard (Rocket)
3 Magmar (Fossil)
2 Rocket's Moltres (Gym Heroes)

4 Energy Search
3 Bill
3 Super Potion
3 Switch
3 Gust of Wind
3 Energy Retrieval
3 Pokedex
2 No Removal Gym
2 Nightly Garbage Run

19 Fire energies

Strategy is like this. Use Magmar's Smokescreen to hit and stall, power up a Charmander to Dark Charizard (or power up a Rocket's Moltres), retreat Magmar, and attack with Dark Charizard (or R. Moltres).

I say focus on Fossil Magmar/Base Electabuzz if you want quick hitting Pokemon with decent power. That's pretty much where it's at in those two types.

I agree that Base Electabuzz is a good quick-hitting Electric type, but Magmar's more of a stall. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's not as much of a hitter as the almighty 'Buzz.

Thank You For All Your Oppinions. I Am In The Proccess Of Making A New Deck Around Them.

Thanks

Magmar isn't too stall oriented if you can hit with Poison, which essentially makes you finish with 30 damage. Not bad, plus you can mess around with Smokescreen if you really want to.

Like I implied, stall is not a bad thing. Truth to tell, though, few people who use Fossil Magmar use Smog, except as a finishing hit -- it's a little underpowered. But Smokescreen made this guy famous.

Yea, I play an unorthodox Magmar. My favorite thing to do is evolve Magby into Magmar when he already has an Energy, then BAM! The game immediately changes with a sudden loaded Magmar. I don't do it often, but it's fun. It's also useful against those Erika's Dratinis, which have seen some decent play around here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back