Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Please Lock and Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemony

I was super lucky this year and won the ipod that is given away at regionals this year and I was wondering a price that these are valued at or a price someone would pay for it.

It is

2gb
Unopened
Pokemon not engraved

Thanks for viewing!

Last edited:
You can buy them for $149.00 at any store that sells ipod's so it isn't worth anymore then that.

I will check with Derek but i believe it is 2 GB. I know the ipod shuffle are 1 GB. Or you can just look on the back of the ipod and it will tell what it is.

I know the ipod I have is a 2 gb, but I was told that 1gb ipod nanos sell for the $150.00 lol

They are $149.00 in the stores and online for the 2GB. I just checked online at the Apple Ipod Store and the only ipod they have at 1 GB is the suffle. If i remember right they do not even make the 1 GB nano's anymore.

Last edited:
I would really hate to dissapoint you, but you obviously didn't read the post at http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=817803&postcount=75

The one you have is 2GB, but like it says in that post, I gave out the last Pokemon Ipod at Michigan States.

I was, as far as I know the only one giving away an Ipod at Regionals this year, but there is nothing special about it. The Pokemon Ipods I gave away earlier this year and last year I am the only one that had those as I had a contract with Apple to have them made. Of those there were:

4 Silver 2GB Nano With the Pokemon OP Logo
8 Black 1GB Nano With the Pokemon OP Logo
2 White 1GB Nano With the Pokemon OP Logo

There will never be a white or Black 1GB one made again. All of these, as required by my contract with Apple, were opened. There isn't one anywhere that is sealed. I never released pictures of the actual Ipods, only proto pictures I was sent by Apple. If you see one and it is sealed its fake if it is opened and want to know if it is real, just ask me and I can tell you. I refuse to post actual pictures of them to keep fake ones from being sold on Ebay.

Last edited:
This years ipods never got the logo, which is why I said it was not engraved. J. Lathem told me that unlike last year, they bought like 50 of them at once and were unable to get them engraved. I do not plan on opening it or getting rid of it or anything, my mom just asked me how much it was worth and I looked to see if anyone else was selling theres on e bay and I could not find any so I decided to ask here. Bruce already handled the price thing for me so no worries. I got this one from Michigan so you are the one who I probably received it from. Thanks for your help!

This years ipods never got the logo, which is why I said it was not engraved. J. Lathem told me that unlike last year, they bought like 50 of them at once and were unable to get them engraved. I do not plan on opening it or getting rid of it or anything, my mom just asked me how much it was worth and I looked to see if anyone else was selling theres on e bay and I could not find any so I decided to ask here. Bruce already handled the price thing for me so no worries. I got this one from Michigan so you are the one who I probably received it from. Thanks for your help!

I think you missunderstood what he told you. Pokemon USA does not supply door prizes for any tournament, they are supplied by the PTO's with there money out of there pockets. No tourament run by different PTO's will have the same thing unless they copy each other. I am the only one that could produce those Pokemon OP lazer etched Ipods. I had to secure the permission from Pokemon USA to use the logo, then hire lawyers to negociate having the logo put onto the Ipods by Apple. If you put something on an Ipod such as the logo, and Apple doesn't do it you open yourself up for a lawsuit, hence there was no purchasing and not getting a logo on them.

I think this is where you misunderstood what Lathem told you. The thing with the 50 Ipods was this, in order for me to order anymore of the special Ipods, Apple required I order 50 at a time. Before Jan 1st of this year I could order as many as I want in small quanities, they changed that to require a minimum of 50 at a time. So I couldn't possibly afford it anymore. I ordered the last 4 Ipods which were 2GB Silver Nano's on December 12th. The last of those handed out was the one I gave out at the 2007 Michigan State Championships in Jackson, MI. That was the last Ipods with the logo and the only 2GB ones produced. No other PTO could have done this without paying for all the prototyping and production for them, laywers, ect. It wasn't terribly expensive, but more then most would want to spend and then have to actually pay for the item. Hence the ones listed above in my post are all that exist, making each one of those worth a lot of money. The only one given out that wasn't in Indiana or Michigan was the one I gave out at Worlds 06 as a door prizes at the events run by Vince and Rick.

The Ipod you got at Regionals in 2007 was bought that morning at 5:35am at Walmart. It is no different then any other 2GB Silver Ipod produced by Apple. In fact if you notice the front of it may still have the sticky residue from where I took off the price tag.

The only special thing about it is you got it as a door prize and didn't have to pay for it. Other then that, there is nothing special about it. So open and enjoy your Ipod, I would hate to think you couldn't enjoy the Ipod you got, hence the reason I replied to this post in the detail I did.. :thumb:

Last edited:
I have an Ipod on my phone so it is more of a luck thing, that is why I do not plan on opening it. I do not understand why you think I do not understand. I just wanted to know a price of an ipod that was 2 gb and I did. No need to continue to post about it. Thanks for your help though.

Please lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back