Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Please Translate

smpratte

Okay my friend and I are going to send a few of these cards in to get graded by psa and we need a translation on the page i have scanned from an official collectors book. Why i need this is because each card from each year has a different text, and the exact reading of the text is needed in order to submit the cards. If there is anyone on the gym who could translate each card I would appreciate it very much.

Here are the links to the scans

http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww282/smpratte/?action=view&current=Trophypikapage.jpg

http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww282/smpratte/?action=view&current=SsbTmbPagefull.jpg

Alright so there are the scans and if anyone wants to translate the text by the woman feel free to do so as well :smile:

Scott the TMB and SSB cards should be fine its the 97 Pika that is the issue. I don't think translations will do much unless the translations say in Japanese 'two of these cards exist in the world or something like that' The cards themselves just say basically that you're the winner of such and such a tournament recognized by the official Pokemon company or whatever.
My card received an N9 which in most cases means unable to verify but in this particularly rare case it means 'that the customer ( that's me) is wrong or misinformed'

Will, the other thing you might try is the Master CD that came out in 2005 I think, and see if it says anymore there (but I really doubt it does to be honest!). I didn't even know this book Scott had existed, I so want it!!!

Assuming that '97 was the year of the first tournament (I can't work it out!!), these are the translations as per Usagi-chan's translations that he used to do:

No. 1 Trainer _
Being the winner of the Pokémon
Card Game official tournament is
recognized here, and praise for
that is given.
This proves that the one who
possesses this card participated
in the Best in Japan Final Battles
of the First Pokémon Card Game
Tournament. _
Mitsuhiro Arita Holo

First Pokémon Card Tournament

No. 2 Trainer _
Being the second-place participant
of the Pokémon Card Game official
tournament is recognized here, and
praise for that is given.
Tournament. _
Mitsuhiro Arita Holo

No. 3 Trainer _
Being the third-place prize-winner
of the Pokémon Card Game official
tournament is recognized here, and
praise for that is given.
Tournament. _
Mitsuhiro Arita Holo

Dogma you mentioned in your article having the trophy cards on a cd-rom or something correct?

If so you'll probably have noticed what I have noticed that the Pikas eggs and mewtwo trophies have almost the same text in the box.
My challenge is not so much in translation as Scott has it but proving there was more than one winner for this '97 tournament and convincing PSA they're misinformed is as possible as finding a Pr-R in Gem-Mint form.

Yeah, I know... but can you not argue that there was only one card given, because the translation says it was given to the winner (and there can only be one person in 1st place , one person in 2nd etc. etc.?)

what collector's book are you talking about? I'm thinking of collecting seriously and wanted to know which one it was. Thanks.

it is the official pokemon collectors book from 2000 it has every card up till then which is a good amount but not all of them.

Oh and are those translations the ones from bulbapedia, because the text is different in each year.

No, the translations were done by Usagi-chan. I have the others as well, but the difference is only the name of the tournament

He's this guy who was into Pokémon in the very early days, and his Japanese is obviously awesome, so he used to translate cards for Pojo. They might still have his work on that site (but I find Pojo an absolute pain to navigate...)

yes it is a pain, could he translate that snap card page, that is the last thing i wanted to get translated i think there might be some kind of information on that page that will be useful because those cards are just unknown

Hmmm... I doubt he's still around - I emailed him a few years back and he's no longer into Pokémon... can't think of anyone really...

EDIT: We can ask the person that does the translations for PokéBeach?

alright i remember there was a guy on here who had a giratina avatar that could translate or maybe he just pulled the translation off a website

Back