Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Plox

Status
Not open for further replies.

redthirst

Okay, I've got the core of the deck where I like it, now I just need help with the options:

4 Ralts
2 Kirlia
3 Gardevoir SW
1 Gardevoir Lv.X
1 Gallade
4 Spiritomb
2 Baltoy
2 Claydol
1 Azelf
+EDIT+ 4 Charizard
Pokemon: 24

4 Bebe's
4 Roseanne's
3 TGW
4 Rare Candy
1 Luxury Ball
2 Pokemon Communication
4 Poke Blower+
2 Expert Belt
Trainers/Tools/Support: 24

4 DCE
8 Psychic
Energy: 12

It plays like PLOX, if you don't know what that is, I'm not going to explain it to you and you probably can't help me anyway.

So if I take out the Charizards I've got 4 slots open, I don't want to remove any of the cards listed unless it's for a really good reason. Example: I've toyed with the idea of running a few rainbow energy to power up Spiritomb's craptacular second attack as a coup-de-grace against Gengar since it'll do 40 damage and I don't care if it dies to Gengar's power; or 4 Rare Candies is too much since I run 4 Spiritombs, drop it to 3. Basically, don't tell me to drop anything unless you're going to give me a very good, well thought-out reason.

For the 4 open slots I'd like some kind of tech against bad match-ups, a way to speed the deck up even more, something to help consistancy, disruption, or preferably, a combination of 2 or more of these.

Oh, and no Call Energy... I like it, but not in this deck.

Last edited:
NOW, if your willing to listen here is some advice.

4-3-3-1 gardevior lvl x, all SW except for the Ralts, the better ralts is from Platinum. Some people run 2 SW gardy and 1 pl Gardy, it's really up to your playstyle, I suggest you stay with the 3 Gardy from SW
2 Gallade, you need 2 gallade though people are more currently running only 1 it's really up to you, I'd rather have 1 Gallade prized and one in my deck then rather waste azelf on getting gallade when something more important is in your prizes. Are the chances small, possibly but it's still there. Better safe than sorry.
1-1 Azelf lvl X: The lvl x is for your mirror matches, it gets rid of all of your pyschic pokemon's weakness.
2-2 Claydol: your standard draw!
4 Spiritomb: Good trainer lock prevents T2 decks from working properly.
2 UNOWN G: This is probably one of the most important cards in this deck. You can be chatter locked, azelf locked and any other lock that stops you from retreating when you need too! I saw it happen twice at OK states someone chatter locked tomb for the whole game. it also counters Gengar's "Shadow Room".
*This is a little extra tech thats entirely up to you, Lucario GL, this card will help you be able to one shot pretty much everything they play down, when you have a mirror match.*
now you can either add a 1-1-1 Nidoqueen tech to keep up a constant heal, or add a 1-0-1 Dusknoir from DP it's power "Dark palm" can really help you stop your opponents set up!

On to the trainers!

Standard is to run a 4 bebe's 4 roseanne's
but since you have telepass and spiritomb you really honestlyy don't need 4. So make it a 3 bebe's and 3 roseanne's!
So there are 3 different hand refreshers you can use TGW, PONT, Cynthia's and Looker's. The best would be Looker's and TGW. I'd run only 2. You could use the 3rd for something more important.

Also, To be able to retreat, it would be better if you ran 2 Moonlight Stadium, it will give you free retreat and make it easier to level up your pokemon, or what ever else it is you need to get done!

You don't need pokeblowers, its seriously just dead weight in this deck, you don't need the flip of extra damage, the deck is about locking powers not extra damage!
Keep the lux ball, you did that part right, then drop 2 energy and you need to get in call. Call may not seem like a big card in this deck, but it speeds up your set up, it'll help you considerably, I also suggest adding one fighting energy, so you can use gallade first attack.

Any other questions please PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I say you should replace the 4 Charizards with a 1-1-1 Nidoqueen line and a Moonlight Stadium. Don't underestimate the power of Maternal Comfort; it keeps all of your Pokemon in play a lot longer. If you need to, Nidoqueen can step up as a pinch hitter; 1 for 40 is good on a Stage 2, and a DCE along with that will really hurt those with a full bench. Moonlight Stadium... besides Claydol and Gallade, this gives all of your Pokemon free retreat. A great play after you mooch off the opponent's BTS.

With Nidoqueen's suggestion, I'm going to tell you to drop something... but I'm going to give you a very good, well thought-out reason for it: Try replacing one of the SW Gardevoirs with one from PL. Psychic Connect helps you power up your Pokemon that much faster. Say you have a SW Gardevoir that is close to KO, you decide to retreat it for another attacker, which you possibly just got out that same turn. While your injured Gardy is recovering with Nidoqueen, you can use the PL Gardy to move Psychic energy along with your one energy attachment that turn to keep hitting hard. This worked wonders for me in a Gyarados match at States.

A shame you don't like Call energy along with Spiritomb, though. But I won't mess with that because you said not to.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

2 UNOWN G: This is probably one of the most important cards in this deck. You can be chatter locked, azelf locked and any other lock that stops you from retreating when you need too! I saw it happen twice at OK states someone chatter locked tomb for the whole game. it also counters Gengar's "Shadow Room".

Ah, I forgot about Unown G. Protect your Pokemon from the threat of Gengar (SF), Blaziken FB, and Chatot (MD). Awesome card.

I also suggest adding one fighting energy, so you can use gallade first attack.

What's the point of using Gallade's first attack? It's blocked by the aforementioned Unown G, and then your opponent has the choice of a switch. Gallade is there to deal big damage through flipping prizes on Pokemon Gardevoir would have trouble with, say, Dialga G (LV. X).

Last edited:
Arcanine:
Okay, I do use PL Ralts, I forgot to mention it, but it is worlds better. I'll give 2 Gallade a try, but I've been playing the deck for a while and I've never felt the need for more than 1. I kind of like the idea of an Azelf X, it seems like it'd help against a few match-ups. Unown G is at the top of my "tech to include" list... though I'd never even considered Chatot locking my Spiritomb down all game, brutal... I'll be including at least one. I like Dusknoir better than Nidoqueen, and I currently play one, but I'm not completely married to the idea of playing it. I'll try out 3 Bebe's and 3 Roseanne's and see if it affects my consistancy, but there's no way I'm removing the Blowers... I'm positive I have never, in any game, ever used that card's coin flip damage ability, they're there to gust up benched pokemon. I don't like Call in this deck, it's consistent enough and Call slows it down, I used to play a fighting, but I pretty much never used it for anything but colorless energy. Finally, I noticed your post had to be edited by a mod for "unkind and rude remarks", so if you'd like to more strongly state your opinions, feel free to PM me.

Steel:
Here's the reason I don't like PL Gardevoir, I've played it, and I have never played a SW Gardy and wished it was a PL Gardy, but I've done the reverse many, many times. Now, if I played a Nidoqueen, I could see a reason to do it: put damaged pokemon on the bench, move their energy to a new undamaged active, heal with Nidoqueen, repeat... so I may try that out.

Thanks for the help guys, you've given me some more things to playtest.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

why the charizard???

Because I got warned by a mod and had the thread shut down when I listed a 56 card "core" deck questioning what to put in for the other 4 cards.

Last edited:
i believe the charizards are a good plus to the deck
-4 charizard
+ 1 chatot md
+ 1 bts
+ 1 warp energy
+ 1 warp point
-1 gardy sw
+1 gardy plt

List Update:

4 Ralts
2 Kirlia
3 Gardevoir SW
1 Gardevoir Lv.X
1 Gallade
4 Spiritomb
2 Baltoy
2 Claydol
1 Azelf
1 Azelf Lv. X
2 Unown G
1 Uxie
Pokemon: 24

3 Bebe's
4 Roseanne's
2 TGW
4 Rare Candy
1 Luxury Ball
1 Premier Ball
1 Pokemon Communication
4 Poke Blower+
2 Expert Belt
3 Moonlight Stadium
Trainers/Tools/Support: 25

4 DCE
7 Psychic
Energy: 11

Put in Azelf X, 2 Unown G, and an Uxie as tech, dropped a Bebe's, TGW, Pokemon Communication, and 1 Psychic for a Premier Ball and 3 Moonlight Stadiums.

Azelf X is great, it really helps nullify the deck's biggest weaknesses and is also a decent way to snipe damaged pokemon on the bench and put the coup-de-grace on pokemon with annoying "knocked out by damage" poke-powers. Unown G is amazing in some matchups and decent in the others, fantastic tech. Uxie is okay... I'm not completely sold on it, but it's power is great, and with Expert Belt it can pretty efficiently set up a KO or finish off a pokemon and retreat to the deck to put up a sacrificial Spiritomb... I think it makes a good one-of.

I'm not sold on the Premier Ball... it's okay with the two Lv.Xs, but it never seems to be needed so much as kind of nice to have. Most of the time all it does is get shuffled back into the deck with Claydol. 3 Moonlights may be too much, but having one out is necessary for an opening Spiritomb followed by a second turn PsyLock... unless I go 2 Stadium, 1 Unown (whichever gives free retreat), which is what I'm kind of leaning towards. Lastly, I took out a Bebe's, since, with Telepass and Spiritomb, 4 really were redundant, but now I'm wondering if I should drop the Communication for a fourth Bebe's, or drop the Communication for something else entirely.

So... whadayathink?

EDIT- also something I've been thinking about is dropping an Uxie, Premier Ball, and Unown G/Communication/Rare Candy for a 1-1-1 Dusknoir line against Cursegar... thoughts?

Last edited:
I agree with you that 3 Moonlights are one too many. Try replacing one with an Unown [Q]. If you really don't need the Premier Ball, then you can drop it for something else (what exactly to replace it with eludes me ATM). After all, you can always Telepass an opponent's Bebe's. as long as they don't Spray or lock your powers.

I'm going to try out 2 Stadium 1 Unown Q (thanks, I couldn't think of what it was), and I may end up dropping the Premier Ball for just another Psychic Energy unless I can think of something better. Thanks for the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back