Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Poison liability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been using this deck for about 5 months now I know it needs some help and any advice would be appreciated.

Heres my list:

Pokemon: 24

4 Jirachi DX (wishing star)
4 Oddish HP
2 Gloom HP
4 Vileplume HP
4 Koffing DX smog
4 Weezing DX
1 Pidgey HP
1 Pidjeot

Trainers: 22

4 Energy Root
3 Pokemon Reversal
2 Stevens Advice
3 Rare Candy
3 Celio's Network
2 Crystal Beach
2 TV Reporters
1 Castaway: what do i put in?
1 Holon Adventurer
1 Crystal Shard: what do i put in?

Energys: 14

2 Heal
4 Psychic
3 Grass
4 Metal
1 Holon Energy GL

Last edited:
The problems I see with this are -

1. Your main kill combo requires a flip. Sometimes multiple flips, but either way, it's flippy.
2. Vileplume isn't that good on its own, without the Liability combo. It's decent, but not that good.
3. You run a high risk of Pidgeot and/or the Holon Energy being prized in the crucial matchups that require it.
4. You run a very high risk of Battle Frontier shutting your entire deck down.

Personally, I would cut the Weezing line down to 3-3, bolster Pidgeot to 2-2, and swap maybe Castaway for another Holon Energy. (Castaway seems like a waste with only one Tool in the deck - Scott would probably be a better choice) Also, Steven's Advice is currently only in Hidden Legends, which is no longer a legal set. The rest of the deck looks DX-On, so you might want to consider swapping those for two more Stadiums - perhaps Holon Ruins.

Charmander_trainer said:
i would say cut out vileplume and add Muk instead

No thanks im not asking what liabilty to run i want to use this liability.

Targeinth: Your missing one of decks strenghs and that is vileplume can use the power even if hes on your bench so the liability works faster than others. And stevens advice is going to be reprinted in the next set ex battle dragon frontier but u think u could help me out a little more with my trainers? Oh and the castaway is for when i need the cystal shard.

Crystal Shard does nothing for a Liability combo. =S Anything that you really need to KO, you can Liability. CS is a deadweight in this deck.

I'm sorry, but I'm not dealing with ex:Dragon Frontier at this time. Make a list that people can build and playtest in the current environment, not the environment for two months from now.

While the Vileplume thing is a strength that I will not deny, flipping coins is a clear and ever-present weakness. It's a trade off, and one I find silly. Especially now with Windstorm around, even a Weezing + Energy Root poison Liability combo is cute but junk, thanks to the possibility of a Windstorm KO. It's the same thing as "Beaming Liability" using Dark Crobat's Black Beam with Low Pressure System - the counter-stadium KO combined with the wasted energy made the deck useless.

The thing is, Burning Liability (and the defunct Acid Liabiliity) are no slower than this version. You say Vileplume adds speed - it doesn't. You still need the Vileplume on your bench, and the Weezing active. Plus, for the "proper" combo with the Root, you need to have the Root added. Not only that but you're vulnerable to Battle Frontier - Burning Liability is not - and with only two Stadiums in your list, that makes you even more vulnerable to shutdown decks.

Faster? No.

More creative? Yes.

Better than Burning Liability? Not likely.

And if you wonder about my credentials with Liability, note that I coined the name "Acid Liability" that all these other names are based on.

Anyway, that isn't what this board is about, and I apologise, but I had to say it.

Take out both Castaway and Crystal Shard, at the very least, and maybe put in Scotts to help against Frontier.

Last edited:
yea sorry to say but...dragon frontier is kind of away from now. for now I would just about say what Tagrineth said. Cept I think cs would be nice still. You never know when it'll be nice and handy right? Um...hmm...well I dont worry too much about Liability. It is a good deck but like he said Windstorm just destroyed a lot of the different versions of this deck. Still a good deck tho. Please dont think I am taking sides I just feel the same as Tagrineth

well i think ppl should be able to add the dragon frontier stuff too considering that by the time we are able to use them in a pop event (aka cites) the set would be out already. So as far as i kno, DF should be considered in making the deck.

Umm deck very flippy, dont like that at all. Hands should get bigger due to the lost of admin and all but i still dont like vileplumes atk.

but, unlike most liability decks, you can root ur weezing and have it survive while still killing the defending pokemon
if needed, you can either liability again, or simply let them attack the weezing
true, it is flippy, but if you get tails, simply either attack with vileplume, or use weezing's second attack
it isnt the most practical of solutions, but you gotta admire the zeal

i heard DF is going to be released inbetween cities so wont be legal for cities.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

also the deck needs more Holon GL and less Heal IMO

Last edited:
Im not even going to take the time to read anything anyone has said because I already have my thoughts on this deck. But I do have this to say,

ITS CALLED POLLEN LIABILITY

Umbreon777 said:
Im not even going to take the time to read anything anyone has said because I already have my thoughts on this deck. But I do have this to say,

uh... ITS HIS DECK, he can call it whatever he wants =/

PSYCO829 said:
but, unlike most liability decks, you can root ur weezing and have it survive while still killing the defending pokemon
if needed, you can either liability again, or simply let them attack the weezing
true, it is flippy, but if you get tails, simply either attack with vileplume, or use weezing's second attack
it isnt the most practical of solutions, but you gotta admire the zeal

Beaming Liability was able to do the same thing with Low Pressure System raising Weezing's HP by 10.

Unlike Acid and Burning, Beaming Liability never saw any success because once the Liability is done, the opponent just has to counter-stadium you and it's as if LPS was never in play.

Decks will start playing Windstorms, often 2-3 of them, which means Energy Root is a complete waste in the combo - it's nice when it does work, but, it's adding another iffy element to an already coin flip based deck... because all that will end up happening is you'll do Poison + Energy Root + Liability and then the opponent will Windstorm the Energy Root, getting the KO anyway.

And then there's the problem of Battle Frontier removing your ability to use Liability at all.

As I said before...

Faster? No.

Creative? Yes.

I think it's a good idea to put vileploum(HP) in liabality. but sometimes it's difficult to get out 2 or more vileploumes since with celio's you will get the main attacker(weezing). but it's a good deck anyway.

Umbreon777 said:

Yeah it is my deck so i can call it whatever i want.

Tagrineth said:
Crystal Shard does nothing for a Liability combo. =S Anything that you really need to KO, you can Liability. CS is a deadweight in this deck.

I'm sorry, but I'm not dealing with ex:Dragon Frontier at this time. Make a list that people can build and playtest in the current environment, not the environment for two months from now.

While the Vileplume thing is a strength that I will not deny, flipping coins is a clear and ever-present weakness. It's a trade off, and one I find silly. Especially now with Windstorm around, even a Weezing + Energy Root poison Liability combo is cute but junk, thanks to the possibility of a Windstorm KO. It's the same thing as "Beaming Liability" using Dark Crobat's Black Beam with Low Pressure System - the counter-stadium KO combined with the wasted energy made the deck useless.

The thing is, Burning Liability (and the defunct Acid Liabiliity) are no slower than this version. You say Vileplume adds speed - it doesn't. You still need the Vileplume on your bench, and the Weezing active. Plus, for the "proper" combo with the Root, you need to have the Root added. Not only that but you're vulnerable to Battle Frontier - Burning Liability is not - and with only two Stadiums in your list, that makes you even more vulnerable to shutdown decks.

Faster? No.

More creative? Yes.

And if you wonder about my credentials with Liability, note that I coined the name "Acid Liability" that all these other names are based on.

Anyway, that isn't what this board is about, and I apologise, but I had to say it.

Take out both Castaway and Crystal Shard, at the very least, and maybe put in Scotts to help against Frontier.

Well if vileplumes power dosnt work i can use smogscreen and then next turn use liability also i like to included ex dragon frontier because i like to prepare a lot and get used to the future sets but i do understand your point but i like to run decks that are creative oh and by the way i made this topic to get help not to argue on what versions were better and how u thinks its too flippy all i really need is advice. oh and yeah i am taking the castway and crysatl chard out but what do u think i should but in?

sceptilerancher said:
i heard DF is going to be released inbetween cities so wont be legal for cities.

also the deck needs more Holon GL and less Heal IMO

hey actually if u go to pokebeach.com they it will be realesed in november 8th that means theres still cities after that a lot of cities.

Last edited:
Castaway/Shard go away for two Windstorms, or two Scotts. Both give you more ability to counter a Battle Frontier.

Smogscreen->Liability is okay but the odds are very high that the Weezing will get KO during the opponent's turn, OR the opponent will remove the Poisoned status by switching/evolving.

You need protection from Frontier.

Other than that, there isn't much I can see that needs changing in the OP list.

I'd personally lower the Weezing line to 3-3, though, to make room for one more Pidgey/Pidgeot. That would help the deck tremendously against non-D power decks - right now you have a very high risk of the Pidgeot "line" being prized. On top of that, the lone Holon Energy might be gone. It's nice to have single card techs for various matchups but they'll save you against those matchups, and without them you'll die horribly.

hey actually if u go to pokebeach.com they it will be realesed in november 8th that means theres still cities after that a lot of cities.

exactly, prereleases start like inbetween alot of cities around the earth, so POP wouldn't make it legal for some areas and not others XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back