Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Poke Plague -- did you come home from Worlds Sick?

ugly psyducky

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
Having touched base with one other family that went to World's who came home with a truely nasty bug, I was wondering how widespread it was, and whether anyone got a diagnosis for this which was more comprehensive then it was some form of respitory viral infection.

Here's a synoposis of my family's experience:

My 10 year old son who completed in both the Grinders and into the T32 in Juniors came home with a slight cough and the next day had fever of over 106 deg. It lasted for three days, both my wife and younger son (who didn't come with us to San Diego) came down with the same thing on Thursday this week -- four days after they had first contact with Quinn. My wife was pretty much incapacitated for two days with severe lethargy, but there were none of the typical body aches that accompany a bad case of flu. They seem to be recovering now, but my youngest still has a low grade fever and a very nasty cough.

Interested in other's experience and doctor's diagnosis if recieved.

T.

Wow sorry to here that but i didnt go to worlds myself but i have heard of some people getting sick and throwing up on the thur. of the grinders so and plus just think of the germs flying around thousands of people...

I came home with a bad illness in 05 >< was miserable entire flight home and for the next week.

I did. We had to cut our trip short I was so ill. I am still fighting it off. I have asthma so it has really messed me up. Bad respiratory bug. It is awful. We are in NM.

i'm sorry for all the family's that had problems with this... i hadn't heard of this before now, but i felt like i was getting sick a little bit yesterday, but i think that has nothing to do with it.

I came home slightly sick and slept for like 2 days.
More some fatigue out of no where that came in at the last day.

SWINE FLU!!!!!!!!

Lol jk, but it could seriously be something bad like that, from somewhere where its mroe common, which would explain everyone else having worse symptoms than the people who brought it. Just a thought.

It was probably those video game players. I mean they come to the events with a bunch of Pokemon infected with Pokerus, it's no suprise we all got it.

yeah I dunno but I definitely got it - had to miss a day of our vacation because I couldn't walk past the door of our hotel room without passing out. It's been a week and I'm still sick, the flight home took a lot out of me.

I personally came home just quite a bit more tired then normal. I know a few peeps who did come home sick though.

SWINE FLU!!!!!!!!

Lol jk, but it could seriously be something bad like that, from somewhere where its mroe common, which would explain everyone else having worse symptoms than the people who brought it. Just a thought.

Blame the Mexican National Champion...

H1N1, Gotta Catch 'Em All!

I usually am fine during trips, however everytime I go home in about 2 days I catch a cold from the after effects of the air condition in the hotel rooms. It happens on about 80% to 90% of my trips. I was very happy to not end up getting a cold from both Nationals and Worlds. It was the first time in a long time that I didn't come home and end up having a cold from both events.

I am sorry your family got sick and I wish them all the best. :thumb:

Drew

Back