Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Poke Powers and Their Activation

GenoFury

I have a question in regards to Poke Powers that trigger during your opponents turn/and or between turns. Examples are Ho-oh's Phoenix Turn, Plusle and Minuns power. Ho-ohs power is activated when its KOed, and that occurs at the end of your opponents turn. Minun and Plusle's poke power are worded if one of your opponents attacks knocked out your pokemon during their turn. My questions are this: Would using an attack like Gardevoir(SW) Psyhic Lock, as the attack states that during your opponents turn they cant use pokepowers. In Ho-ohs case the power is triggered on your opponents turn so would it still be able to activate.

About the Minun and Plusles pokepower, they are "triggered" by being KOed, does between turn effect damage like burn and poison trigger those? As they weren't KOed by your opponents attack, but by an extra effect.
*Edit* I understand that minun and plusles power is used on your turn. The question i have in regards to them is can their power be used on your turn if your pokemon are KOed by a status effects damage between turns, as their power is worded "If any of your pokemon were knocked during your opponents last turn". Would the between turns phase apply to that?

Last edited:
Between turn damage counters taken by Special Conditions do not count as being from your opponent's attack, even if the original status condition came from an attack. It is too far removed from the original attack.

Minun's and Plusle's Powers are triggered during your turn. They just have a requirement that was met on your opponent's turn.

Back