Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PokeGym Professor Forum Closing

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
Here at the PokeGym we try to be a community based entity, taking our direction from the needs and desires of the community we serve. To that end you have seen things like the Researching Tower and Podcasts. The Professor Forum was such a creation. Professors needed a place to discuss issues and share ideas. For many years that happened here, but PUI has developed a private forum that seems to serve that function very well. As evidence I point to the almost total lack of activity here in the PokeGym Professor Forum over the past few months.

Changes to the PokeGym most often involve adding or expanding things, but in this case TC feels that the Professor Forum has become something that just takes up space, and as such it is scheduled to be closed down at the end of January. The forum will be deleted, so if there are posts you'd like to keep a copy of, copy them now. Professors are welcome to post any concerns about this decision here in this thread.

We also need to decide what to do about the Professor Logo. Is that something people want us to continue offering? The verification process is a pain, but if it is a highly desired element we'll see about keeping it around.

So what are your thoughts, or is this even an issue.

BDS for Team Compendium

I understand why this part of the forum is closing and its sad to see it go. even though I didn't post much I liked reading what was in here. I hope the logo will stay though, I think its a nice feature that you have here. One of the many-many things that make the pokegym special and unique and just a fun place to be for everything pokemon related.. :thumb:

I agree with Erin actually. I have always loved the inclusion of the professor logos in our avatars, and this part of the forum, but if anything has to be taken down, I'd rather we keep the logos if at all possible. Thanks for looking out for the needs of the gym members all these years, and thanks for offering the forum while it was still in frequent use.

I third the motion to keep the Prof Logo.

~Duke

(It is sad to see this forum leaving, but it may be for an even greater purpose)

Keep the logo. The forum is largely redundant with the PUI boards. If it's taking up too much bandwidth, then then might as well get rid of it.

Not a matter of bandwidth.
Just a matter of a lonely forum that is no longer needed.

Keep the logo. Axe the forum. No one's posted here in months anyway.

I think the point about this forum being redundant w.r.t. the PUI forums is accurate.

The forum, like many good things, has seen its better days.

The logo, like many things, is just too cool. Please keep.

Vince

Sadly, it appears the logo is gone now.

EDIT:

It appears that it just was not showing up on my laptop, it is back.

Last edited:
Back