Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PokeGym Roundtable 13 - First Diamond and Pearl Rulings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulbasnore

Administrator
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
On this week's PokeGym Roundtable Big Daddy Snorlax and Pokepop cover our first rulings for the Diamond and Pearl Pokemon TCG Expansion ... at least until "Bangiras Research" comes into play!

Pokegym Roundtable Podcast

Roundtable 13: First Diamond and Pearl Rulings"

Technical notes:

Fully annotated podcast version again: Chapters, 'Easter Eggs', Pictures and URLs!

Want to get the podcast? To tune in you need some podcast client software!

You can get the Windows or Mac version of iTunes as a free download and get all the bells and whistles of images and links that play along with the podcast.

If you have your own favorite audio player and just need the Podcast downloader, try out another Mac or Windows free download - Juice.

To access the podcast AFTER you have iTunes installed, click this NEW link:

The enhanced version of the Podcast that plays in Podcast clients has episode art, chapters and links that you can see and interact with as you play the podcast.

If you need toenter your feed URL manually, then paste this URL into your podcast client:

If you don't use a podcast client, can't play mp4 or want a file only 80% the size of the normal one, try the plain MP3 version of the podcast (available by 11PM PST) at:

If you use Digg - 'dig this podcast!': http://digg.com/podcasts/The_PokeGym_Forums_PokeGym_Roundtable

the explaining of the rules helped, and I love the example of Mawile because its in my new deck : ).

Go second if you want to win. Seriously. The only advantages of going first is you have an 1 energy advantage on your opponent (which is thrown out of the window with so many energy acceleration decks in the format) and you get to evolve first (which is throw out of the window with so many decks running 4 rare candy).

Honestly, there is no balance between going first and going second imho.

Same for me. Thankfully, I do have iTunes. Speaking of iTunes, I can't find the Pokegym Podcast on iTunes (store). Is it up there now?

This was a really good podcast!

Same for me. Thankfully, I do have iTunes. Speaking of iTunes, I can't find the Pokegym Podcast on iTunes (store). Is it up there now?

This was a really good podcast!

The iTunes store isn't listing us yet. I have a support ticket in with vBulletin due to the error its giving. Should be straightened out in a day or two.

OOH, double play!

- MP3 version is UP!
- iTunes listing is submitted (for processing).

vBulletin support, those guys are the best.

its nice that you expanded what i said last week from a 3 minute form into a 30 minute form, i hope a lot of people listen to this to get the understanding of it all.

iTunes Store Acceptance - Logo looks great!

I got the word that we're live in the iTunes store.

To see the link there:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=254152812

Here is a screen shot on our site:
displayimage.php

Prime's logo turned out to be especially good for the standard 'reflection' they do with "album art".

Going back to this one, on the Unown from the Neo sets, on the card, it is printed "You may have up to 4 Basic Pokemon in your deck with Unown in their names." It doesn't say "with the name 'Unown'," it is whether or not "Unown" is a part of the name. "Unown A" has "Unown" in its name, so the Neo Unown rule should limit it if a Neo Unown is in the deck. This idea applies to Ruin Wall, which says to search your deck for a card with Unown in its name and put it onto your Bench. If the Neo Unown rule doesn't affect D/P Unowns due to the inclusion of the Unown's respective letters, then Ruin Wall shouldn't be able to search for them.

Just to be clear, Neo Unowns which require specific Unowns for their Pokemon Powers, like Find, are compatible with the D/P Unowns, right? Could a Neo Unown F, and a D/P Unown I, N, and D allow the use of Pokemon Power Find?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back